WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Earth Base XX OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 8:17 pm

It is the year 2225. Mankind has advanced its technologies to the point that they have been able to create colonies on other planets in the form of "Earth Bases". These are pretty much domed cities, 5 miles or so in diameter, that through vast and innerwinding streets and levels house as many as 1 million people. The twentieth, Earth Base XX, is located on the distant Krutrapasklo, home of its namesake Krutra. Though a tough period of speciesism nearly killed the efforts of the humans and the population of Krutra, both have come to terms with each other and have been living in acceptance for over 20 years.

Or so things seem.

This RP is a superhero RP. But unlike most others, the sources of these powers are quite terrible in origin. A word of warning: if you don't want your characters to die by the end, do not join this RP. Otherwise, here are the rules and stuff.

1. Respect all rules of general RPing. I don't have to tell you this.
2. The Krutra are not affected by the source of the powers, and thus are not playable.
3. There will also be several controlled events and NPCs that I will control. Depending on who your character exactly is, you may or may not follow these events. For example, things at the base's school will not affect you much if you play as a dropout.
4. I encourage that the PCs are teenaged, however I cannot enforce this.
5. Powers should not be terribly outlandish. Super-strength is included with every character's powers. Outlandish powers are strongly advised to have drawbacks, and should probably not be obvious right away.
6. Fights should be at least somewhat realistic. Stick low on cartooniness.
More to come possibly.

So anyways, here's a basic sheet:

Name:
Peronality:
Appearance:
Background:
Special Powers? :
Student? :
Employed? :
Other:

A Brief History of the Earth Base

Th Earth Base Project was an international project by Earthlings to reach out the human arm to space. After having set up the first successful base on Mars over 100 years before the RP started, many more were constructed and launched to other planets millions of miles away. Humans were shipped by the thousands via cryogenics to these different bases when construction had finished.

Earth Base XX itself is located on the planet Krutrapasklo, which translates from Krutra to English to "Planet of the Krutra". Said planet is located in a solar system similar to Sol, and while the planet itself is similar to Earth, its atmosphere is different enough to require a breathing apparatus if one were to venture outside of the base. The sky is tinted turquoise. The ground is loamy, yet besides standard dirt, it also contains small creatures that serve as a source of food for the native "agriculture".

Earth Base XX was officially established in 2178. At first, the humans were unaware that a mostly sentient species already lived on the planet, yet by the next year the first Krutra began to live in the base. Humans, being the odd creatures they are, were at first strongly against these natives. The Krutra were very restriced, often being forced into slums and subpar treatment by the aliens. Tension began to arise until one incident involving the strongly prejudiced law enforcement sent the base into a sort of civil war, or at least a time of stronger tention. Humans and Krutra fought wildly with each other, the Krutra trying to earn equality and the humans trying to remove the "threat". Eventually things settled down and the Krutra won their freedoms.

Set up of the Base

Earth Base XX is a circular shape when viewed from the top, about 5 miles in diameter. While it is technically a domed city, the dome itself has a flat top similar to, say, a peanut butter cup. In total, it is about 500 feet tall. The base has a lower level acting as both the base's base and a maintenece area. Above this is the "ground floor" of the base. While it is usually seen as the poorest part of the city, it does have some nice-ish areas. There are 4 more floors above it open to the general public, with each layer getting progressively nicer looking. All the streets are made of strong, blue, translucent material which can be walked on, and are lot on each floor with lights that depending in the time of day may be brighter or dimmer. In the middle of each floor is a tall building reaching to the top of the "dome" that acts as a governing area and a support for the dome itself.

Attractions include a mall, located on levels 3 through 5, small parks scatters about on all levels, a "party area" dubbed "The Hub" (no relation to Hasbro), museums, schools for all stages of learning, and more.

More lore to come later.

Last edited by MoonlightDreams on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

Re served.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

Preserved.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm

I could join. I have a young-middle aged man with a rather creepy power if it's alright for me to use him.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm

Could be interesting but I'm fairly busy, so I won't make any promises.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earth Base XX OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Base XX OOC   Earth Base XX OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earth Base XX OOC
Page 1 of 1