WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Fallout-Fate experiment

Go down 
+5
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Snowy
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2013, 10:02 pm

Well, look, Shade, buddy. I'll make an exception for you. Five isn't much more than four. Just not six. Six is obtuse.

Besides, I haven't heard from Tex after saying he was interested. :p

Five is a reasonable size for a group of whatevers.

Which is to say, welcome aboard friend Shade.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013, 7:42 am

What's with the Yakuza? There's already forces in Washington, primarily BoS, super mutants, and Talon Company.

Unless this takes place around the same time as one and two, in which case Washington should basically be overrun with super mutants.

Also, on second thought, I think I am up for this. Assuming there's still a spot...?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013, 2:57 pm

Washington state, silly foreigner. DC is no where near Alaska. The Yakuza occupied lower Oregon in 1 and 2, so I'm assuming splinter groups are even further up.

And sorry, seriously not kidding, not going to six. Ya told me ya couldn't man.

So guys who are here. We do need to actually get cruising on character generation. It's not hard, but everyone needs to get halfway done to finish.

Lone, Shade, if you don't have Skype could'ja get one and pm me how to add you? I'm trying to set up a big group chat so we can rapidly discuss character generation. Since no one seems to like to use the forum I figure it'd be faster.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 10:26 pm

haha, US states are silly. Noone cares about them, because there's too many.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 4:56 pm

They are all special, even insignificant little Nebraska. Land of corn.

Anyhow. I really wish you people would like, show up, maybe even concurrently. FATE is supposed to do chargen fairly quickly, as a group.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 6:14 pm

I'm always around, I just get engulfed by a large pile of work so nobody sees me.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 6:16 pm

Well whenever you get a moment, just mention some stuff her or something. Literally any progress is better than none.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 6:18 pm

Probably not going with my old character idea anymore, too much work. Back to the drawing board, then...
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 7:17 pm

I'm thinking about a smooth-talker desperately trying to build up his own organization or crime syndicate or something whilst failing anti-climatically.

Option still in the works. Might go for something else depending on what kind of idea I get.

What are the other characters right now?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 7:55 pm

Fugitive on the run, still a mechanical whiz. He'll put your plasma pistol back together for a fee.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 7:59 pm

How about a pseudo-religious nut that thinks the Vault is some holy order of god or something and wants to find them and join them as a knight, so that he may assist in the world's purging of evil? Of course, he's only armed with a sledgehammer.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 8:19 pm

Guys, I'm sorry, but I can't participate this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 8:24 pm

I'm going to make an angry black caravan guy. He rides the wastes selling his wares.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 10:55 pm

Vaults, Patches. There are over a hundred at least.

What's wrong Tex? If you're having issues we can fix them fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 8:35 am

No, no. It's just that some things came up which would prevent me from taking the time to play and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 3:04 pm

S'all good then. But this is play by post. You have plenty of time for DOTA. :p

But alrighty.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 6:02 pm

Haha. x3. Maybe next game.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 6:19 pm

Next game?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 9:15 pm

My bad, didn't expect room to open up. I feel kinda bad now. I have never done an RPG like this before so I'll probably ask a bunch of stupid questions. Really, it won't be much different than usual.

I'll take a look at that PM now Ji.

EDIT:

I'm thinking someone who uses improvisational weaponry, usually involving explosives or traps, but I don't have much beyond that. Perhaps some kind of trader/scavenger who eschews lugging around a lot of ammunition and weapons to make it up as he goes. No, wait, maybe some kind of sleazy corrupt figure of some sort. I'm too indecisive. Wait, both. No, that doesn't work. Ugh.

EDIT 2:

This Fate stuff is, first off, foreboding, and second off, I feel like I need to be taking notes. I'm going to be the guy constantly asking, "Shit, what was that again?"
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 10:12 pm

Uh, Shade, no one but myself and Eo has any idea what so ever, don't worry. This is pretty much how I run things.

FATE is actually really simple.

If you have a skype, or hop into the chat, it's easy for us to hash this out rapidly. It'd be even better if I could get the entire group doing such.

Last edited by Ji on Fri 31 May 2013, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 11:23 pm

Basically, Fate charsheets go:

What's your job in a few words?

What's your driving conflict?

What's the cool character trait you got out of your origin story?

You had an adventure and one of the other players was in it. What was the take-away from that?

One of the other players had an adventure and you were in it. Same question as before.

What skill are you fantastic at?

What two skills are you pretty respectable at?

What skill are you okay at?

What skill are you less okay at?

You have between three and five "stunts" that enhance you in a few situations or let you mildly bend the rules. What are these?

The stunts are the only part of the sheet that remotely involves numbers. In fact, FATE is remarkably like what we do normally.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 12:09 am

Can't do it tonight, sorry.

And thanks for clarifying, both of you, I appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 12:13 am

Shade, friend. No one has actually made time for me, at all. So it's fine, no one else seems to bother with me either. :P
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 7:39 am

Ji, you and me. Tonight. And bring the package.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 1:12 pm

Jester wrote:
Ji, you and me. Tonight. And bring the package.

This vid sums up this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout-Fate experiment   Fallout-Fate experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout-Fate experiment
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next