WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC

Go down 
+5
Snowy
Patches
€rim
Admiral Ji
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:13 am

Well she's a weaponized peasant too! One that just happens to be weaponized with three swords she uses for tending to the hedges.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:15 am

How hard is the new cleaning/waitstaff boss, anyway? I need to be prepared for this.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:23 am

Well, if you aren't very good, you may get KNIFED.

heheh, but no really, you'd probably get shot or something for incompetence.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:25 am

This makes planned first post even better, yes.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:43 am

Don't it, though?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 2:08 am

We should probably keep the meandering conversations to the chatbox though, if only not to generate the 900 some pages we've done prior.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 2:13 am

Well, ya never know. Perhaps this will produce some sort of valuable information that must be kept at hand for future reference since I am too lazy to copy down any bright ideas from the chat box.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 2:54 am

Well if you want to intelligently discuss changes in this version prior to an op being thrown up, more power to you, I'll help if I can. :P
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 2:59 am

Name: Fulgur Culmus

Demon Element(s): Umbran/Tempest

Description: Quite the unsuspecting young man, at least from behind that is. He's only about average height for a Eden Demon, around 6 feet or so, and his skin seems ever so slightly fair, but still having enough of a tan to make it questionable at the least. His face is quite sharp, yet he always seems to be so stern, typically wearing a scowl rather than any other emotion. Those penetrating eyes of his are golden in color, with slited pupils. His vision is quite amazing though, as one would expect from someone that seemingly has some bird in him somewhere, or perhaps something more. His left eye has a nasty looking scar going down the skin, from the temple to the cheek no less. The right eye has some strange marking on it, Egyptian in appearance practically, but to his family it is a marker that shows his place within said family, as the second born son. Lighter brown, shaggy hair covers his head, looking quite odd on one who is seemingly so refined, so to say. He doesn't seem to have any ears to speak of either, as the sides of his head are covered in his hair and nothing protrudes from the top of it either.

His outfit consists of a rather typical guard uniform, with armor made to cover the chest, but he doesn't wear the full set, which includes shoulder pieces and torso armor as well, mostly out of some principle or something. Just to make himself more unique as well, he has carved his family emblem into the chest piece, which resembles the head of a gryphon with a heavenly halo surrounding it. Around his shoulders rests a long, flowing cape with no real distinctions about it other than it being red in color. It is a keep sake from his older brother, and bears the family emblem yet again on the back of it, only in much larger size and detail. It reaches all the way down his back and stops about a foot off the ground above his feet, making it quite large as well. Beneath the armor chest piece he has on a rather simple, but clearly well made tunic of some sort, a thick belt around his waist holds his shirt tucked in and his pants firmly to his body. Said paints are long and cover his entire leg, being fairly form fitting from the looks of it as well, though a little more loose down near the foot, allowing his black boots to fit inside. Lastly, going back up to the neck, he wears some sort of neck warmer, which is normally pulled down. It is black in color, like the tunic, showing that the two probably go together naturally.

Both of his arms seem to have a type of metal armor on them, which is vastly different from the leather-like material his chest piece was made from. These appeared to be more personally crafted, fitting his arms just perfectly, with a little bit of chain mail to cover the open parts and protect them as well. Overall unimpressive at first sight, outside of their bright, shiny, silvery look that makes them look more like ornamental pieces than armor. They are never the less very much real though. Just above the wrist and a bit of the ways back up the forearm of the right armor piece is a bit of a protrusion, a small, pointed tip coming from the end of it. With a simple clenching of the fist, pressure mostly at the center of the palm, this small point extends outwards in a full on blade of sorts, though it is triangular in shape and only about the length of his forearm, sans the hand. Still a surprising weapon, and his main method of attack as well. These armored arm pieces have more to them than meets the eye though, as anyone with some decent magical ability can notice they hold some form of enchantment upon them. What it is? Well, who can say besides their owner?

Personality: Stoic is the best way to sum up this young individual, as he is rarely ever seen with anything more than a straight face on most of the time. Mostly thanks to his conditioned upbringing, fine tuned into a warrior from the moment he could hold a sword more or less. There is a sense of humor and a smile deep down inside of him, but where it hides is rather hard to point out, and actually getting it out once you find it isn't a task most would be bothered to accomplish. He does jest every now and again while fighting though, as a sort of natural arrogance tends to get caught in his head whenever he finds himself with an advantage over his enemy. One might also call him a tad zealous about fighting apparently stronger individuals, as an old thing he was always told from a young age was that you can always win, for if your strength doesn't do it, then use your wit, and if your wit fails, then overcome it with your strength. Of course he realizes it sounds a tad dumb, but it works for him as a philosophy.

Background: The royal family of Eden aren't the only high class Demons living there, as there are a number of other higher class families spread here and there as well. All of them are viable for a seat on the throne, too, in the case of an emergence. Though, of all the families out there, none are closer to the seat than the Culmus family, whom have been, in some cases, almost rather zealous in their actions to have a member on the royal seat. Long ago, back in the days in which this family and the current royal family existed in Hell, there was a long feud that lasted many generations, and only ended just shortly after the move out of Hell at that. Since then though, they have served as the royal family's closest guards and advisers, and the expectation from anyone in the family is nothing less than high.

It was no different for Fulgur either, and he found himself in a rather awkward position as well, for he was born the second son to the family's head, and also born different from most of the family too. Where as most of them were born as pure Umbran Demons, showing the rather strict purity they held, he was born a mix, much like his older brother. His father was an Umbran, through and through, while his mother came from a fellow high class family of Tempest Demons, and though unadvised for their class, they married anyway. He, nor his brother, were not shirked or treated any less fairly than any other member of the family, but their combined blood, and from two great houses no less, actually left them with much higher expectations than most would get. They were to be a test, so to say, to see how potent the mixture of two different types of Demons could be when in the hands of a far less deluded and less condensed family tree.

The training he got was just like any other member of the Culmus family, focusing heavily on stealthy arts of fighting, and what some have even referred to as "cutthroat" tactics as well. The Culmus family isn't one that is very well liked, for many reasons, but chief among them being their rather strict, and at times brutal methods. Cutting down a weakened or lesser foe isn't something they would stop to consider, and such policies, so to say, were installed into young Fulgur's mind from the first days of training. Though his brother typically outclassed him more often than not, though duo had a strong relationship, and it was what kept them going through all of the rough and tough training they endured for more than ten years of their lives. Though, where as he was more focused than his brother, he was still never quite a match up to him. It did little to damper their relationship though, and as a sort of inspiration to a much younger Fulgur, he made him a cape that bore their family's proud emblem on it, simply under the pretense that he, "Looked better in it."

Though his brother was but a year older than him, his father felt that he was ready long before Fulgur was, and allowed him to join up with the castle guard at the age of 18. The younger sibling here though ended up staying for another three years in training before is father deemed him capable of joining, which didn't sit well with him. The relation between him and his father was always a rather strained one, as he always seemed to be rather strict to them both, and wear as his brother was cool enough to take it, Fulgur's attitude when younger was much more confrontational, and it led to him butting heads often with his father. The attitude was preened out of him sort of, but even to this day, some of it still remains in him, buried deep, though not deep enough to keep it from resurfacing at times.

Now though, at the age of 20, he finally has his father's blessing to move on, and was allowed to join the guard as well. He still wears that old keepsake from years back that his brother made for him, and was quite proud to see him being overjoyed to hear he'd be joining up with the guard as well. He only recently joined it though, about a week prior to the festival, and was quickly overcome by just how different everything was. The castle was massive, much larger than even his home, and the sheer number of individuals that roamed it was far beyond any he'd been allowed to see, lending him to be a tad awkward at greeting others. It didn't help that his brother, along with a select group of other guards, were sent out to more closely investigate the whole incident going on, leaving him by himself for the most part. Others of his family do come often to the castle though, but none that he knows quite as fondly as his older brother. Even with such a short time under his belt though, he still shows signs of the natural arrogance his family is known for every now and again, typically believing himself better than the "lowly butlers and gardeners" that tend to the needs of the castle.

Job in the Castle: Guard

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:38 am

Excellent sheet, SirJac. Though, all of the shadow in this group. :P
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:50 am

Well thus far, counting all the elements set for each demon, we have:
3 Umbran
2 Miasma
2 Terran
2 Tempest
1 Aquarian
1 Divinitus
1 Inferno
and 1 Zephyr.

Considering how we have seven characters, that isn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:05 am

Well fine, use statistical probability at me. I'm just trying to find something to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:24 am

This group still has more shadow than I have facial hair...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:35 am

Well if anything, a good 43% of the group would be pretty good at sneakin' around and doing their thing.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Hey, everything can be properly used to sneak around, some are just better than others. Light? Bend, go invisible. Water? Become one with the vapor. /just tossing out ideas.

You can find stealth methods for any of them. Except like... Miasma, and maybe inferno?

Also miasma shadow, the two more prejudiced types if I recall (I could recheck, but eh...) are our two most had. Well miasma ties with the other two's but bear with me here.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:33 pm

For what it's worth, I figured umbran would pertain most directly to perception and the exploitation of its subjectivity. Also, the color black.

It does appear that antiheroes are still in vogue. Is that surprising?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 3:07 pm

Well, a Demon's type has nothing to do with their personality really, there just happened to be a number of demon's that had an affinity for Umbran. If it is such a bother, I could change the Umbran part of my character, it doesn't effect his history that much outside of needing a few rewrites here and there. Umbran/Tempest wasn't my first idea, but it just seemed to suit an assassin-type better than Inferno/Tempest.

Edit: At the least, we have all of the elements covered still.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm

Bringing Gonza back as an Inferno/Zephyr would balance it out a little.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 4:07 pm

Miasma demons could hide, but not in the actual sense of the word. Maybe through some mildly blinding neurotoxin, they could buy enough time for whatever they had in mind.

Inferno could work in a similar way to Divinitus. Except instead of bending light, you create heat waves thick enough for your movements to blend with the rippling waves.

Well, my character was edited yet again. Decided to let Holquen still hold a shard of her past.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 4:49 pm

Well a miasma demon could also likely produce a chemical irritant that can inflame their skin and eyes.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm

Bring Gonza back, hahah. We already have enough birds right now.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 8:42 pm

Enough birds already? Pfft. We have 1.5 crows, and not enough pheasants / starlings / raptors / parrots / ratites / waterfowl / seabirds / birds-of-paradise / pigeons / everything else.

Welp, now I'm tempted to do something involving vultures. Or, butcherbirds and australian magpies. I could actually work that into my current char. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 8:54 pm

Birds? Why'd it have to be birds... There are plenty of other ominous and generally terrifying creatures.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 9:36 pm

Like praying mantises? Or even arachnids?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

Abasi is based on a scarab, so we at least have a beetle on the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next