WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Fire Emblem RP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

I have basic ideas for countries, but lack the ability to draw and name places with any skill at all. If anyone wants to help (or if everyone wants to help), I guess I'll just post those ideas here:

???- A relatively small, unremarkable country. Only recently, their old king died and has been replaced by his young, untried nephew (he didn't have a family of his own).
???- A large, military country that was allied to ??? until recently (the country mentioned above). Their king, ???, was friends with the late King ???, but seems to hate his successor with a burning passion that has sparked the beginnings of war.
???- A mountainous country, best known for it's loose government. King Raxley has a sense of humor, but is not to be trifled with, especially not considering his own power and the power of his personal but small army of Wyvern Lords. His country has always been neutral while dealing with the others. Most people who live here are mercenaries of some sort.
???- A chain of islands more than a country, led by Queen ??? (King Raxley has an unrequited crush on her). These islands are home to the rare, male-hating Pegusas. They have always been allies to the nation closest to them, *enter the name of the first country I mentioned here*.

We could probably stand to make a few more countries, but... Yeah. The few basic ideas. If anyone wants to suggest a magic-based country, shoot.

I have ideas for an over-arching plot, which I hope to introduce more subtley than usual, but, for the most part... This can be a sandbox.

I myself will probably make our Lord character (if only so we can have a leader of some sort), although I have considered allowing someone else to make it... And I might make a second, opposing one available. But... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

I could try drawing out a map for that but I'm afraid you'd have to wait nine or so hours until it is morning here.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

May I reccomend translating names into a different language? Preferably Finnish. Or Old Norse, if you can find an online translator. They both come out looking/sounding cool. (If you can pronounce them, damnit!)

How about a magical kingdom that's either dead center in the map, or off in the coast on an island. Eitehr way, it should have some major, magically-enhanced deterrent around it (mountains, misty forest, currents) and be fairly isolated. Perhaps some magick tome/sacred blade rests here or something.

Allllsssooo, PM's, Legs.

Otherwise, sounds good to me.

Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

Curse Old Norse/Finnish for having the strangest, non-country sounding names I've ever heard! *grumble*

So I shall now spout random shit for names of countries. Grota, Threin, Dras, Itrea, IKEA, McDonald's, Vaima, Juadi, Lequin, Burger King, Retraea...

Names... Royalty name suggestions, anyone?

If you want to make the map, unit... I would thank you.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 11:37 pm

I'm trying to get you names, but it's hard to find convincing sounding names. Care to join me on Seventh Sanctum? We might be able to do it together.

Now, help me decide... I'm torn between Priest, and Acolyte

Does Ercal sound like a name?

Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 11:51 pm

Seventh Sanctum...?

Priest's are useful, although since we're doing this more like a real RP instead of a table-top strategy... Their usefulness is a little bit diminished. Acolytes are useful from the get-go with their Light magic... It's really up to you. Since I have decided to go the branching promotion paths, both can promote to Bishop (they use Light/Staves). It's really up to you.

Depends. Ercal... My iPod changes it to recall. Erkal? I like 'k's.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 11:55 pm

Seventhsanctum.com. It's got a lot of random generatiors, without anything flashy aside from ads. More specifically, this section- http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php will be helpful for many things.

Hm... cast magic... heal people... I guess starting... priest, would be fine, see where that takes me.

Uh, sure. The generator spat it out, really. Maim it how you wish.

How about Solomon?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 12:30 am

King Irgo of Chael. He's gonna be the main badguy for most of us! Best part is, he's some old, powerful guy.

Oh teh yayz.

Erkal can be the King of the magical country, which will also double as the country that is home to the generally-accepted religion's church.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 12:51 am

Man, does priesthood require religion? /ignore the logical problem in that sentance. I wanted my priest to be a bit dissilussioned with the church, and maybe also a bit of a wanderer. Also, I just spent a long while thinking up a prsonality for my character... this is going to be so fun.

Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

Actually, it does not. The use of staves is based on your personal faith/beliefs. So... You sort of need to believe in something to be a Priest, and while it will be preferable to go for the main religion, you don't have to.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 1:17 am

I can believe in it being my duty to heal people, right? Can that make my staff shoot magical heal-y dust?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 1:24 am

Err... I think it's supposed to be belief in a higher power, with you channeling their power to use the staff.

But that's just my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 1:41 am

But, darn higher powers are soooo mainstream. I guess ifin I has ta, I has ta. He'll likely still be disallusioned though. I mean, when your staff is actively channeling a god's power, and the god still lets say, good people die, well, you'd have a lot of questions too, right?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 9:34 am

Alright so I've done a basic map to start with to show where the basic four nations which Arch stated are.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img851/3236/politicalmapbare.jpg
Note: Sorry for the small text size.

I'm going to add terrain to the next map if this one is okay.

Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

Oh, so far, looking good, unit. Although, may I says few things that I forgot earlier...?

Chael, the big military country, dominates the southwestern/western but of the continent, the 'main' country (the rather small, unremarkable one) takes up the southeast, the Pegusas-island country is off the coast of the unremarkable one, the magic/religion country (which is also the smallest) is up in the north. The Wyvern country (King Raxley's) is up in the northwest, and is dominated mostly by mountains.

I'm not sure how you set the map up (I assume that it would be easier if I had a computer to use...), but. Umm. Still, thank you unit!

I'll be coming up with a better class list later today, so keep your eyes peeled. I'll also be figuring out who should get the two Lord characters in this, so...

Actually, if you want a Lord character (I haven't decided what kind of Lords they will be, although I assure you, they won't be the usual 'oh look at me I have a rapier!' guys/gals), tell me. From those of you speak up I'll figure out who gets the Lords... Yeah.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

If you want both the military power and its former-ally turned enemy in the south I'll have to redraw the map since I situated both of them on eitherside of small ocean.

Putting Chael in the west would put Wyvernlund in the south, Pegasusland in the north east and main country in the east.

As it is, Chael is North-east, Wyvernlund is North-North-West, main one is West and Pegasusland is Central-West.
(I can shift Chael's boundaries a bit further south to make room for the magical country next to Wyvernlund or that can go in the empty space in the South-east.)
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

Hmm... Well, as per Fire Emblem tradition, the countries are all on one continent (I'm counting the island country as being close enough to count), so a small sea in between them... Perhaps you can convert it into a large lake?

I guess I can't really say anything until I can actually make out what's on the map.

Y'know, I think I actually tried to draw this map once... It followed the same basic layout, but the names were different and it kinda stunk. I can try to find it so I can properly illustrate what I'm trying to say if you want.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:34 am

Well, I could instead make it a very large bay, considering both sides are still linked but if you want to see the entire continent that's okay I can change that to make the landmass smaller
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

Oh hey look. Apparently, my old map does not illustrate what I'm trying to say...

Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 Zeicha_by_legs250-d343jng
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:47 am

Well that looks more than just serviceable to me.
You just need someone who can polish it a bit with some computery art stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

I also need to update it again with the proper names and take out some of the now-pointless islands...

Hey unit what kind of character do you think you'll want?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

Haven't decided yet. I think I might wait and see what the politics look like and then maybe start making some decisions.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:56 am

Politics...?

Chael is preparing for war against the main country (y'know, the one that jus had it's old king die), main country is sort of f*cked over due to a lack of any real military power, island queendom is allied to the main country, and then the Wyvern-land and the magic/religion country are attempting to stay neutral.

There, you have politics in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

Still haven't decided but that's a starting point.

On a side point, for the soldiers when you say lance do you mean spear/pike or literally a lance?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

Spears and pikes technically exist in this (spears as throwing weapons, pikes as... Mounted-unit effective weapons...?), so yes, I mean lances. Everyone will start with one basic weapon (Slim Sword, Slim Lance, Iron Axe...) and a healing item (they're called Vulnerary's).

Allow me to go compile proper lists of information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem RP
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next