WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!

Go down 
+7
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Medusa
some dumb bird
Patches
ron
Alex
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex
User
Alex

Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! Empty
PostSubject: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

All of our hope, is in this new world, which is now our home.

Long ago, as the Dragons retreated from the chaos of the human world, they came to Drakesphere, a land that had been nearly untouched, and had much potential for the Dragons to rebuild their lives and make their new empires. The only dominant race that lived before them were the Colossus. Far to big to be called Giants, the Colossus are sometimes called "Mega Giants" or "Moutain Men" . The Colossus had the mentality of the dwarfs. Find a plan that sounds good, go through with it until the job is done, and then rest with some alcohol. Their way of living though, was rather primitive, using animal skins, blunt weapons, and basic fire. They could've advanced, but they liked living this way. For a while, the Dragons and the Colossus were neighbors. But the Colossus were plotting...

Let their size tower and their feet quake the earth, Our wings will blacken the sky, and our fire relight it!

The Colossus you see, were tied only to their brethren and gods. Tamora, the manticore god of war thought of these dragons as foreigners, and a blemish upon the lands of his people. The Colossus planned to enslave the dragons, and even hunt them for their scales and profit. The dragons wanted their home though, and weren't about to give it up. Thus, the most memorable war in all of Drakesphere broke out. The War of The Colossus. The dragons fought boldly, but the Colossus were brutal warriors. The dragons struggled in the war, and many were loosing hope, as they saw their kin die in battle. New heroes were born though, dragons bred and trained for killing Colossus, the Dolossus. In Draconian, this word means "Destroyer of Colossus". The dragons could fight equally now, but it was still not enough, despite the number of Colossus that could be killed. It was the Great Blue Time Dragons, who used the gears of time to seal the Colossus in the time void forever. As long as the gears were in their places, the dragons would remain unharmed. But one thing was forgotten...

This is a battle of Gods now, we must defend the super weapon, the child, at all costs!

Tamora was furious to have his people defeated by these little blue bats who called themselves "Great Dragons". Plotting his actions, he has come to Drakesphere, hoping to steal the time gears, and using them for the ritual of freedom, bringing forth the Colossus, and wreaking havoc across Drakesphere. But the Great Blue Time Dragons predicted this. They also knew who their only hope was. An unborn child, a dragon egg, the offspring of a Dolossus, and a Great Blue Time Dragon. Of course, they needed to keep the egg safe some how... They consulted the matter with The Great Red Life Dragons, masters of vitality and death. The Reds contacted 2 human partners on Earthsphere, hoping to have a child. The humans were the descendants of Wizards, before they were banished from Earthsphere. The wizards worked with the dragons, and also once had to deal with the Colossus as well. Though the humans had no practice in magic, they understood what was going on. The Reds, using the powers of life, impregnated the female human with the dragon egg. The last hope would be safe outside the battle ground.

Young dragon, you are our last hope. Return to your home world, and free you people from madness.

The child was born a human, since the parents were human too. The young girl, unfortunately, has no knowledge that she is actually a dragon, or of the crisis her true home faces. She does not even know that dragons or such things are real. She must realize so much, in so little time...

------------------------------------

Ok, so... You play as either a dragon, or a human in this rp. The rp has 2 locations, which eventually stay at 1 location. Now, as a human, you know the heroine, and discover the dragon world with her. As a dragon, you are in the dragon world, working to stop the crisis unfolding before your eyes. However, I will require one dragon who was sent to Earthsphere in a human disguise to watch over and test the hero from afar, before the big "OMG IM A FUCKING DRAGON" reveal.

Dragon types:

Normal: Average dragon. No special racial info. Elements: Fire, Earth, Ice, Electricity

Dolossus: Built like wyverns, The Dolossus are agile and fast, often attacking Colossus in groups. They strike and maneuver as fast as possible. Elements: Fire, Earth, Ice, Electricity

Great Blue Time: Wise, noble, and patient, GBTs study the function of time, and cause and effect on a large scale. They know what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen based on those facts. They have blue scales, and have time manipulation. Elements: Fire, Earth, Ice, Electricity. ELEMENT BONUS: Time

Great Red Life: Masters of life and death, the GRLs are experts in how vitality works. They know when something must be born, and when it must die. If you are to live, they may come to aid you. If you are to die, they may come and end your life. They have red scales, and manipulate vitality. Elements: Fire, Earth, Ice, Electricity. ELEMENT BONUS: Life/Death

Character sheets:

Human:
Name:
Personality:
Bio:

Dragon:
Name:
Type: (One of the 4 listed above)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Powers: (Only 1 of the 4 normal elements. If you are a Great Dragon, then you get one of the 4 elements, and your Bonus Elements. Time dragons get Time Travel by default. Life dragons may choose to have either life or death. You may choose only 1 power from your bonus element.)

LETS FIRE THIS ROCKET UP!
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

Character list:
Human:
Mata:
Species: Homo sapien
Name: Indigo Ludovicci
Appearance: Indigo stands at 4’7”, and has short black hair and a slight tan. Her sky blue eyes glimmer with intelligence. Of a modest build, and commonly wearing baggy cargo pants with a jacket, Indigo doesn’t often stand out. She wears a digital watch on her left wrist and an analog watch on her right, knee-high socks, and partially ruined tennis shoes that she has patched many times over with duct tape.
Personality: Often keeping to herself in public, Indigo unknowingly projects the shy-girl-who-hates-everything facade. As a result, she has few friends, but when questioned about the right subjects it can be difficult to silence Indigo’s enthusiasm. She is kind, but not overly so, and quite enjoys being a real know-it-all whenever possible.
Bio: Indigo lives with her divorced father, a mechanic who owns an auto repair shop. At the age of ten, she was first allowed to assist her dad in replacing the carburetor of a Hummer and has since been nursing an obsession with engines, electronic circuits, and anything of the mechanical sort.

Indigo is an ace at all things mathematics and science, (particularly enjoying chemistry) yet struggles in most of her other classes. Outside of school, Indigo spends her time assembling robots or machines out of pieces from her many model kits or scrap metal from her father’s garage. Such machinations dot her room and must be carefully avoided as they are prone to getting underfoot. Indigo often dreams of creating her own personal flying machine someday.

She has recently began writing computer programs and attempting to fix up a battered-beyond-all-sanity Volkswagen Beetle (kept in the backyard, amidst Indigo’s collection of industrial devices) that her father offhandedly promised would be her own if she could get it roadworthy again. Such a fool for underestimating her abilities- Hahaha!

I was thinking she would just know the dragongirl from school or something... Tell me if I did anything wrong, lol.

Dragon:

Last edited by Alexrose98 on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:20 pm

I would like to reserve a Great Red, if that is alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Sure!
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm

Alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:11 pm

I'll go for Dolossus. Could I be the human-disguised one?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:11 pm

Hey guess what. Great Blue Time. Reserve. Me. Please.

Sheet in the works. Should be done tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Yes, yes, and yes!
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

And Alex, I have a few questions about my GBT.

1. Can I allow him to shapeshift on occasion?
2. Can I allow him to, after growing older, change ages (as in between youth, adult, and elder) depending on his mood and the time period he is thinking about?
3. What are typical names for the dragons?
4. How long do these dragons live and what would the average age for a mid teen be in dragon years?
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

1. GBTs can shape shift into a human if they need. A spell learned by most Dragons.
2. You can, but that will then take up your empty power slot.
3. You may name the dragon anything really. In lore however, Dragons are named after their Role or Traits. Example: Gartemor (Gaurdian of War)
4. Dragons can last many, many years. These dragon in particular live up to about 1000 years. Dragons grow quickly despite this, and are considered a young adult at 20 years. So a teen dragon would be 10-20, since dragons first view age as physical maturity, and in later years view age as mental maturity.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

Alex, I thought when we planned this in the chatbox... I was gonna play the one sent to Earth to keep the dragon girl safe...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 2:31 am

If there's a prior arrangement, then I can do something else.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 2:55 am

Sorry if I sounded disappointed, at the time I was feeling quite sick and therefore I had less sensibility. I don't want to push you out of a role you would enjoy, I guess this is better to be discussed with Alex.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 5:01 am

Nothing to be sorry about; if you agreed beforehand, then I would be the one pushing you out. But we'll wait for Alex.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 5:03 am

Sorry to randomly show up and fail to solve anything, but she said that she required one, not that there could not be more. She could very well let you both do it.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 5:08 am

Name: Tyrea.

Type: Normal.

Appearance: True to his natural element, in dragon form, he is a pale blue, with glistening navy blue spines, claws and eyes. In human form, he retains some of his icy appearance, his hair almost fully white, and when exposed to heat, his skin will turn blue, most notably on his lips first. He commonly wears shades, ironically not to protect his eyes, as they are fully accustomed to light, but to prevent normal people from feeling the chilling effects his gaze can induce.

Personality: In keeping with his duty as a guarding of the dragon girl, he maintains a quiet, yet determined attitude, ignoring possible sparks for his temper, always keeping in mind that maintaining the secret of his identity was crucial. When faced with danger, he takes every factor into account, and will make a hasty retreat without the use of his powers if possible.

Bio: When first commissioned into service as a guardian to be sent to Earth to protect the dragon girl, he was very excited at the prospect of exploring a new world. However, that dream was quickly shattered as he saw what Earth really looked like. Soon, his job of keeping an eye on the girl while she led a seemingly cheerful like was becoming a chore. Out of the few things that stopped him from giving up and leaving, was his honour and keeping the promise he had made when taking up this assignment, and the small spark of affection he felt for the girl, even though it was unlikely they would ever have a possible future, especially when considering her fate...

Powers: His powers reflect his element of Ice in the mental sense, that is, he is able to excert a paralyzing feeling at will. As mentioned earlier, experience has shown he can inadvertantly create a chilling feeling in someone he makes eye contact with, at the basic of his powers. At an extreme, he can cause someone to fall into a mental ice coma just by being in proximity.

Last edited by Shades of Grey on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 9:37 am

I don't like that all humans would have to be teenagers. What are teenagers going to do when surrounded by dragons?

I was thinking of some sort of semi-suave bad-ass dragon slayer, who tells faerie tales to children when he's in town. Of course, those faerie tales are actually true, but that's beside the point.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

I am sorry it took long to answer, but I just woke up. Lol YOU PEOPLE DON'T SLEEP.
ok... The "agent" as we may call it, I am sorry I forgot about that Jokie, and I do like Ji's suggestion.

The sheet is looking good Jokie, but the fields are mixed up. "Dragon" is not a part of the dragon sheet. You place the species of dragon in "Type". The element is mentioned in "powers"

I understand what you are saying Patches. And I shall comply with your idea.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

Ji's suggestion gives me some humorous ideas. Jokie and Eo's dragons could fight over who gets to protect her. Like immature twins. Laughing

Awrite, thanks Alex. Time to put on a hat and a trench coat.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:17 pm

can i totally be a dragon who just wants to kill everything because hnng i do love killing things sadisticly especially humans ooohhh.

if not i'll just be a regular old dragon because why the fuck not~ unless i just decide not to do that yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

Oh, no, seriously. Be an old dragon. An old guy. That'll be some fun.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:29 pm

Oh hell yes.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

I'll finish off the sheet when I get access to a computer again then.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

So we're both guardians, right?
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

I guess we'll have to wait for Alex on that call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!   Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repeated History. Ancient, with a touch of modern!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next