WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)

Go down 
+7
Patches
Shade
Admiral Ji
ron
andavocados
Szemetlada
Rachel
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
andavocados
User
andavocados

The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 3:29 pm

We're starting after having spent a short time in our respective temples, right?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

That is correct.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Lets get this show on the probably dirt roads.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

Dirt roads is best roads.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

Aaand, my sheet didn't get done. Sorry. Plus I will be very busy this week, so... sorry man. I fucked up again.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

Fucked up? Hardly. A bump in the road is just that. Take your time, man. We still need a Hero of Earth and a Hero of Fire, so you've got time.

Actually we still need sheets for a few Heroes, so you have even more time!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

I'll claim Fire, then, unless AUra or Dark becomes available.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

Dark already has a sheet in from a reliable person, so I highly doubt that'll become available. I'd start making a Fire sheet if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:50 pm

I'm either thinking the typical Fiery berserker, maybe with a whip or somethign to inflict as much chaos (and fire) in a fight as possible, or someone that completely subverts the norm. Uses smoke to run away, or sucks the air out of someone's lungs without burning them.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

...aand, time to start writing.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

I kind of rushed through it.

Name: Cairo Aldis; Captain Aldis
Age: 28, won’t be available in the prologue, unless you want to arrange something.
Magic: Aura
Appearance: Cairo is a tall 6’4” man with a toned athletic build, and weighs at around 210 lbs. Stubble paints the bottom half of his face, which adds some contrast to his pale skin. His nose is bent in the middle signifying that it was once been broken, with a scar stretching over it. He has thick eyebrows and eyelashes, but his eyes are faded and clouded, once green, but now murky, having suffered from cataracts at an early age, he is now blind. Many people ask him how he could see with his blindness. All he says is, “I can’t.”

His teeth are white which signifies his good hygiene, and has a tooth at the back of his mouth that has been split, but has since healed. There is another scar that is place on just the other side of his cheek where it lays aligned with the tooth. He also has a small spike of bone from a water buffalo through his ear right lobe that has been bleached and carved. Bearing a strong chest and broad shoulders and arms meant for his line of work, he is in fact strong enough to take on most of the villagers in his town. His hands are callused, and often has blisters, cuts, burns or bruises seeing as how he owns a forge. When not in his suit of suit of steel armor (which is mostly used in battle or on patrol and such), he wears very simple clothing. He wears a white, but stained shirt strewn together through loopholes along the v-neckline it is stained and faded shades of black and brown, mostly around the sleeves and around his chest. He wears black pants that go with it, tucked into leather boots. When dealing with hot metal, hammers and other tools, he wears leather gloves for protection.

His hair is dark, border lining black, and is more of a faded black than anything else. It hangs above his shoulders and looks windswept backwards, and two braids hang down on either side of his face. He has a thick European accent, and you would be able to pick out Czech or Norwegian.

Bio: He was born into a family were cataracts were inherited, and thus, he was near sighted at first. He had to wear glasses during the early years of his life. However, they were all very aura-sensitive, and while he was never good at magic, he had a knack at seeing other people’s auras, and being able to identify them because of it. He was inspired to join Aurial’s military at a young age after meeting with a man who was patrolling their side of town. The man of course had many stories to tell, and Cairo marveled in them all. He was however discouraged that his disability may affect his progress. He learned how to blacksmith at an early age, seeing as how his father owned a forge and sold equipment. At first, he would simply work on staves while his father handled with the more dangerous work. He frequently asked his dad how he could see what he was doing. He had always said, “I can’t.”

By the time he was fourteen, he crafted about five daggers, two swords, and countless staves in his lifetime. His hands were already callused and he would come home just as sweaty as his father. It was when he was 16 he finally learned what he meant. He had become so reliant on looking at auras that his vision finally just gave away. Trivial things became a little harder, but he learned to find auras in some of his activities. Heat. Not as obviously as life force, but it was there. The forge’s fire made his eyelids glow warmly from the inside. He learned how to feel what he was doing rather than looking. He learned how to walk around town, after learning that, quite simply, aura was everywhere. Everywhere you looked, there was something alive, and it had a life force. People, pets, cattle, stray animals, insects, and bacteria in the air. The air itself glowed, and when something was blocked by a shape of black, it was an object. He could tell the shape of it. To an extent… it became easier to see. Besides reading, of course. That became relatively impossible.

His dad, known for his craftsmanship was then sent to Pyrolir for training the blacksmiths there, and was expected to come back about 14 months later. Meanwhile, he had to run the forge by himself at age 17 since then. Which was hard, no doubt. He refused help or extra workers, since he knew he absolutely couldn’t teach them. He was good for his age, no doubt. But he wasn’t a teacher. Not now at least. His father never came back, and they never did find out why. No letters or anything. When he finally turned 18 he decided to get help, create a job opening. A twenty year old man named Bernard took the job and learned rather quickly, although embarrassed he was learning the trade by an eighteen year old, but Cairo put him in place quickly. If anything, he was a good boss that also knew how to take control when needed. It took the Bernard about a month or two to learn everything just well enough for Cairo to leave him for an extended period of time, and trust he wouldn’t steal money or anything else. Cairo went off to join Aurial’s military like he first anticipated.

At first it was hard. It took a lot of training, exercises and workout to get him into the state he had to be in, and then came the fun part. When he was at the average physique expected, they had him move on to swordplay, which took him longer than he would have liked, due to his blindness. But the sword blocked the other person’s aura, so it wasn’t all that bad as he first expected. Instead of staying at the barracks he went home and trained with the swords that he made himself. He familiarized himself with the weights, tried out different techniques. But it was hard to train with just one’s self. He got a couple of hours of sleep at home, and went back up to the barracks to resume his official training, which consisted of bamboo swords, which hurt like a bitch to be honest, but it only encouraged him to not get hit.

Years went by, and workers of his came and went. Bernard is now a manager of the forge and trains the new blood now and again when he needs to. It even earned itself a building where they can house all of their stock. Besides Cairo, there is about four people working there, Bernard and one new guy at the forge, a guy at the counter inside, and one other doing miscellaneous tasks. After years of service and protection, Cairo has certainly earned himself a name and is now a Captain of a brigade. As another perk, he can pretty much do whatever he likes and will mostly go back to that part of his work when called upon. Thankfully, he’s not in charge of training the new recruits. So he decides to go back to the forge. Bernard now works at the main counter and has the other two, a man and rather young woman does whatever needs to be done inside the building, meanwhile Cairo is at the forge training the new guy, who will be taking on an apprenticeship; which basically means he works for free, but will inherit the forge after a certain amount of years of practice until his death – once the apprentice becomes of age of course, who is currently fourteen.

Weapon of Choice: A claymore that he crafted himself. Polished and is metal all the way through. A wooden piece is clamped around the handle and is wrapped with metal. The pummel of the sword is slopes down to a point, and is cone shaped; except for the metal piece that is attached to that and the actual sword. The pummel is meant for coming down on opponents that get too close. (A claymore is basically a big two handed sword for those unaware of the vocabulary.)

Other: Everything that you need to know about him should have been put down already. ::::)
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

Confirming here that, yes, you are accepted, Patches.

Come on, people! SHEETS, WE NEED 'EM

If I don't get sheets I'll have to abandon this and them come up with some other bullshit RP.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 12:07 am

I second Legs. This cannot die.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

Thirding.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

We're back, and with a new-and-improved Hero of Earth!

Name: Katalia Mahka
Magic: Earth 
Appearance: Okay, so this half of the appearance corresponds to her appearance at age 16, and the second half to her at age 24, separated by a slash. Okay, got that? Great. So yeah, age 16 Katalia has dark, chocolatey brown hair that is kept in a braid that goes down her shoulder blades, and her skin is naturally slightly darker than most people's, like a permanent tan sort of thing. Her forest-green eyes unsettlingly seem to gaze straight into your soul (which is sort of funny, considering how blunt Kaitalia is), inherited from her bussinessman of a father, while her figure, still rather undeveloped, and her previously mentioned hair are from her mother. She is rather slim-built, but already shows some muscle, the ease of which she has built up is kind of scary. For an outfit, she wears the rather plain khaki training outfit of an Earth Mage in training, consisting of no shoes, loose-fitting pants, and a loose-fitting shirt. She stands in at about five foot seven, but it's clear that she's still growing./At age 24, Katalia hasn't changed much... Except for the fact that she is quite clearly more of a woman. Who can punch your face in. Her hair is slightly longer now, with her braid coming down to a few inches below her shoulder blades. She got her father's ability to look completely passive and uncaring normally, which she uses to great effect by making everyone think she doesn't give a shit about things, typically. She is more muscular now... And... Umm... Right she also has a different outfit, consisting of dark tan shirt, dark tan pants, and... Well, I never said it was a big wardrobe change. 
Bio: Katalia grew up with her father and mother, both of whom had some ability with Earth magic (her mother more so than her father), in the main part of Terrallo, where her father runs a jewelry and other high-priced item shop. She's the oldest of three, and her father had every intention of passing on the family business to Katalia... But her mother pushed for Katalia to become a formally trained Earth Mage. So, after years and years of being pushed by each parent to pursue a certain goal, on her sixteenth birthday, Katalia was given a choice between continuing on with the family business (represented by a small emerald on a decorative pedestal) or going to the Earth Temple to hone her magical talent (represented by a grey pebble). Katalia merely ignored the actual point of it, and picked both. So, the agreement was this; when Katalia had completed eight years of training at the Earth Temple, she would return home and begin working the family business. That decision was made last week, and Katalia has only just started her lessons as of the start of the Prologue.../At age 24, and her eight years up, Katalia has more than proven that she is exceptionally skilled, having become a master in those eight years. She now works with her father, using her talent to perfect unrefined gems. 
Weapon of Choice: Katalia fights with her bare fists... Hands... Feet... Well, she uses her body as her weapon. When she has received more training, that will include using her magic as her primary form of combat. 
Other: Just... Click this.

... I'm so sorry.

ANYWAY... We still need Darkie, Hawk, and Geek to turn in their sheets, even if it's just copy-pasting their old sheets into this thread. And then I can launch the Prologue, which will be much shorter this time, and then we can still obviously bring in more characters. Come on, guys, we need some non-Heroes too!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

Very good.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

Might one be able to say it is "excellent"?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

Yes, also Hawk seems to have falled off the face of the planet so here is her sheet.

Hawksheet wrote:
Name: Kaye Lorondai
Magic: Fire
Appearance: Kaye is just your average, uh, medieval(?) teenager. For the most part. She's rather tall, standing at about 5' 11”. Her hair is pretty plain: somewhat wavy, brown, and falls a few inches below her shoulders. Although she usually keeps in tied up in a ponytail for convenience. Don't want anything catching on fire now, do we?
She usually wears a white tank top with a worn-out, dark leather jacket. She has numerous colorful string, erm, friendship bracelets you could say, that she wears on her wrists day and night. She run about in pant that she rolled up and tied off to make shorts. So they kind of look a tad bit poofy. But that a style common to people of her status.
Bio: Kaye was born in to a family of traveling merchants. Every since she was born, she has been living in a caravan her entire life. But I guess traveling has been good to her. Not only has she seen almost all of the great cities, but she's managed to learn quite a lot about the different customs of the various cities as well as making some pretty good friends along the way. Friendship is beautiful. Life is beautiful. When she was 15, her parents kicked her out. Mostly because she had started taking advantage of their profits and was using it to buy things for herself. She spent a year hitch-hiking and tagging along and getting rides from other people she met. After a few months of this, the practice quickly got old. Until, she met Gabe. You could guess what happened. Blah blah blah she fell in love blah blah blah yeah, we get the point. Gabe had also been somewhat of a traveler. So she stuck with him. The next few months flew by for them, always on the move. They saved up and combined their profits and managed to buy a beat-up caravan all for themselves. (Just like a kid again!) This was about the time they were nearing the great cities once more. They had traveled around the nearly the entire continent and back. They arrived in Pyrolir with their caravan and little more than a dime. Buisness had dropped dramatically. Nearly everyone bought their goods from 'stores' these days. Merchants had become obsolete. Kaye and Gabe somehow found their way to the Fire Temple. The Mages welcomed them with open arms. Thus begun their training as Fire Mages.
Half a week passed.
Kaye and Gabe were walking home from the Temple back to their caravan. They were still finding food somewhat hard to come by. They were lucky that the Temple provided free lunches. Anyway, while on the way home, Gabe noticed a thief absconding from a higher-class citizen's home. Of course, being the “hero” he was, he stood up to him. And got burned. Literally.
Two days later and he was dead.
Kaye was alone. She continued her training by the Mages but lacked the enthusiasm that she once had. It wasn't the same without him. Another week and she found that had been recruited as some sort of Hero. Just like Gabe... So that was that and here we are.
Weapon of Choice: Bow (YESIAMDIFFERENT)
Other: Don't tell me what to do!!!!!!!! >::::O (Legs edit: Hero of Fire)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)   The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eight (Copied and pasted from the Sporum. Because screw it, I'm lazy.)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3