WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Heontris
User

Technological Syngularity - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 12:23 pm

"But instead of that we'll just run through and hope we don't die? Cause if it almost stops us, it'll definitely stop that beasty." Jake grinned, secretly hoping that they would go across, and maybe he could get some samples of the vines.

Last edited by Heontris on Sat 26 May 2012, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 1:27 pm

"Yuuuup, sounds like a plan. Say, do we know where this goes?"

Nicholas took a wary step into the vine-ridden corridor. The tendrils of flora seemed to withdraw slightly from his entrance, and Nicholas fancied he heard a slight whisper that seemed to echo off the walls of the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:19 pm

((I just noticed.. I haven't seen Imp here in forever. He should get a character..))
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 12:02 am

"No, remember? This whole area is pure blank?" Jake quietly laughed.

The vines, as they retreated, seemed to make a quiet hissing sound, and also it slightly vibrated, sending shivers all the way to the beginning of the vines, which was an infested room full of the vines all over the walls, with only one clear space where a dead scientist lay, his cause of death unknown.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 2:41 pm

Nicholas hefted his broomstick with caution.

"I don't like this. Anyone see some sort of king root? Maybe the thing's underground or something..."

He stepped forward quietly, attempting to discern anything of importance about the corpse. The man's eyes seemed to have glazed over, but Nicholas could not tell how long he had been died from this distance.

The vines continued to retract from his feet...
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:12 pm

"No, I don't see any, but there must be one... Hm..." Jake began to inspect the dead scientist. "He seemed to have died... a few hours ago, I'd suspect not long after SIDOS's take-over..."

A hissing sound came from far away, but it was so quiet, it was almost impossible to hear. As this happened, the vines continued to retract.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 2:23 pm

"Hey."

Nicholas began to fidget as the room became rapidly less vine-infested. "Am I the only one who is sincerely creeped out by all of this?"

He kept his broomstick at the ready, though unsure of what use it would be.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 9:15 pm

"No, I'm just good at hiding it." Jake laughed nervously as the vines continued to move, picking up speed.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 9:24 pm

As the last vine disappeared into some unseen crevice, the hissing grew to a tremendous, unearthly roar that shook the room to its foundations. Nicholas found himself crouching as the lights suddenly blinked out.

All that he heard in the darkness was the shuffling of some massive thing as it moved closer from somewhere off to his right...
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 6:14 pm

"What was that?" Dr. Ez whipped his head to the side as he heard the movement.

"I don't know, but we shouldn't let it get us, no matter who or what it is..." Jake backed away from where the noise was coming from, bumping into a wall, which sent out a hiss.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 9:22 pm

((So so sorry, I forgot about this I have like 6 quizes to do right now and two projects in school. It slipped my mind. ))

Rook knew she should listen to him, but she couldn't get herself to run. "Roz! Let me go with you!! I can help!" She called down to him, but did not understand why or what she was feeling. Robots didn't feel...So Why couldn't she leave him behind?
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 9:47 pm

Nicholas was about to reply when he felt a peculiar sensation - it felt almost as if something was slithering up his left leg.

As he tried to move, the cord-like thing suddenly tightened and pulled away, sending Nicholas falling to the ground with a yelp. The hissing was almost unbearably loud now.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 12:54 am

"I'm gonna do it, just go find Casey, make sure he's safe, I gotta do this by myself, I'm not gonna let you die!" ROZ then began to get the attention of the giant security robot. "GO!" Pounding on the machine, he managed to in fact get its full attention, causing it to rear on its hind legs, depositing Rook on the ground. "Come get me!" ROZ didn't know why he was so willing to allow himself to be possibly destroyed, yet he couldn't allow the other. Robots weren't supposed to care at all about any one else, they were just supposed to follow orders, but he needed to save this one.

With a mechanical roar, the giant security robot swung a leg/arm at ROZ, causing him to fly up the wall, closer to the hungry flames. Leaping after him, the robot began to follow ROZ as he scrambled up the steps, up to where the heat was going to become unbearable.

Slightly grinning, ROZ noticed the metal on the giant machine beginning to melt, with the paint peeling off and igniting. Unlike the other robot, he was meant to survive in any environment, but how high he would have to travel to totally destroy this machination would still be too hot for his systems. Quickly, the outsides of his body took on a slightly different tone, slightly turning reddish, showing the change to the environment he was now entering, the super-heated environment. As he reached the needed temperatures, he really saw how bad the heat was affecting the larger robot, it was nearly only metal slag, with only the core still functioning still.

Neutral| WARNING, TEMPERATURES EXCEEDING FIVE HUNDRED DEGREES CELCIUS, DESTRUCTION IS IMMENENT. ||:

As this message repeated over and over, his vision began to malfunction. Goodbye...

As the two figures stopped moving, only one thing was left showing that one of them still worked. A steady red light beeped on and off on ROZ's body, showing that it was malfunctioning, that he needed assistance, assistance he may never get...

((He won't die, don't worry. >:D )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NICK!" Dr. Ez snatched his hand, putting all his weight against the invisible force pulling Nick through the dark hallway.

Jake looked at a vine that was menacingly waving in front of him. "What the heck is this? I've never seen a vine look so... alive!" Grabbing a sharp object he had noticed by on of his hands, he swiped at the vine, cutting off a large section. The remaining vine retreated, but not until after splashing some liquid that seemed suspiciously like blood.

The vine piece he had in his hands was hardening, also it was starting to glow. As he held it, it took on the feel of solid steel. "What? Vines turning into... metal?" Finally, the metallic vine was glowing at an extremely high brightness, causing Jake to have to squint. "What the..." As he looked around, he saw saw a giant mass of writhing vines, and an extreme amount of hissing noises.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 3:50 pm

Nicholas kicked, struggled, and even attempted to bite, but none of these actions lessened the vine's grip on him in any way (and the latter, Nicholas would later admit to not having been a plausible option).

Nevertheless, Dr. Ez's actions bought Nicholas enough time to slowly and painfully slip his left foot out of his shoe, allowing him to escape, for the vine had retracted down his leg in its tightening. Nicholas hurriedly scrambled to his feet and began beating the thing with his broomstick, stopping only when he noticed the glow coming from Jake's victim. "Thanks, Ez. Just what the devil are we up against?" He backed towards the others.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 6:22 pm

((mispost)
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 6:25 pm

Casey blasted out of the room with the largest weapon he could find. Pushing his vision toward the wreckage of the robot, who was laying on the ground with metal melted around it, Casey knew the worst had happened. "NO!" he screamed. He caught himself. It's only a robot. It's only a robot. It's only a robot... Casey attempted to reassure himself, but losing a friend, even if it was artificial, was painful. With a faint glimmer of hope still pulsing within him, Casey dashed forward, grabbing a fire extinguisher on the way. Casey passed Rook, and neared the flames.

The heat was unbearable. Blinding white flames enveloped the stairs, threatening to choke Casey. Casey stepped back and glanced over at Rook. "Make sure it's dead!" he shouted over the roar of the flames, referring to GS-09. He tossed her the gun he was carrying.

Casey glanced at A51. "You're created to assist robots! What can your metal withstand?" he shouted to him.

"I'm not sure. I might be able to get close enough to use the extinguisher.. if I.. y'know, had arms that could grab," A51 replied.

"Maybe you won't need any.." Casey looked around quickly. A few strings and ropes later, the fire extinguisher was fastened to A51, shooting a continuous blast of white foam into the blaze.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 8:18 pm

As Casey and A51 were attempting to save ROZ from whatever fate awaited him, which was most likely melting down, a troop of robots came from the other end, carrying extinguishers and various other tools, allowing them to reach the stairs and begin a safe descent.

"Move away from the robot, human." The robot who had just spoken was tall, white, and menacing. Various weapons were placed on its shoulders, wrists and hands, with all of them aiming at Casey.

The voice changed in an instant. "I may just let you live for a while if you do." This was SIDOS's voice, and his doing, it was no doubt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I really don't know, I've never seen anything like this. It defies anything we have managed to make as of yet. We have been near to creating living metal, but this... this actually worked!" Jake's voice was full of surprise as he stared at the glowing metal vine he held in his hand. "Of course there are improvements, such as how to make it impervious to anything, but that can come at a later time..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROZ's vision was still mostly black, but he could just barely make out the voice of Casey and the strange robot/SIDOS. "Just go Casey... Leave me, or you'll die... I wasn't trying to let you die you know... and keep Rook safe..." He had absolutely no idea as to why he had added that last bit, but he knew that he didn't have the power left to ponder such things, he was about to be finished.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 8:59 pm

"Darn straight it can. I'm curious as to the properties of such an organism, too, but right now..."

Nicholas lifted his gaze as the vine's glow revealed an unspeakable mass of heaving, writhing plant-mass on the ceiling.

"...we have bigger problems." He slowly reached for the glock in his coat pocket.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 10:48 pm

Casey's eyes went wide at the sound of SiDOS's voice, and his blood ran cold. Paralyzed for a second, he stood, staring like a deer in the headlights at the robots. "A51, Rook, let's go," He managed to say. Casey backed up until he was about twenty meters from the robots, then he spun around and dashed down the hallway to the right, checking to make sure that A51 and Rook were following him. A51 still had the extinguisher spraying, but that didn't register in Casey's mind. All Casey saw and heard was the sinister, destroying voice of SIDOS.
Casey kept running.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 11:50 pm

SIDOS's voice laughed hauntingly, "And you, ROZ... you have an even more important purpose..."

The robots extinguished the flame enough to safely remove ROZ, and as they hoisted him up, they moved up the stairs, to an unknown destination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT THE?" Jake looked up, wielding his metal vine piece and the sharp piece of metal he had found that he cut the vine with.

"Oh! I got it!" Dr. Ez had opened the strange metal briefcase to reveal a gun-like thing. "But... I don't know what this'll do..."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 11:58 pm

Nicholas pointed his glock at the plant-mass, but the gun yielded only a sharp click.

"Well, Ez my man, it seems we're out of options. Find a trigger on that thing and pull it!"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 12:43 am

"Uh... Okay..." Dr. Ez grabbed the gun and aimed it at the plants. As he began to pull the trigger, a voice emanated from the gun.

Neutral| Vaporize, burn, or merely decapitate? Which one do you like the most? ||:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

Nicholas paused in his frightened study of the plant-mass to glance over at Dr. Ez's new weapon. "Personally, I'm tempted to see it try and decapitate something like that, but now is not the time for experimentation. Quick, pick something before this thing cocoons us - or something!"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

"Uh... Vaporize?" Dr. Ez spoke to the weapon.

: || I'd suggest you stand back. Ready in 3...... 2....... 1....... || :

A beam shot out of the gun-like thing, striking the violent mass of vines. A wisp floated away, then more. Pieces of dissolving vines began to fall by the hundreds to the floor, hardening as they fell.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

"Yeeee-ha!" Nicholas side-stepped a falling chunk of vine. "That's the best thing I've seen all day. Hopefully that killed the thing."

He shielded his eyes as the vines began to glow. "Mayhaps we should make our egress before we go blind?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next