WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)

Go down 
+7
Trilole
Ømnivalence
Gaius Sulpicia
Surprise
Patches
Szemetlada
Diamondback
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:04 pm

He was over excited at the idea of Nox coming back.. So much so that when he began to flow his energy it was practically ten times the quality of what he usually gave; within a short ammount of time he reached the limit he could give her without any energy being wasted.

"Nox you glorious bastard, you better return to us.."

He put a hand over his right side, wincing. Of course.. the physical damages... He'd cough up blood no doubt, if not worse.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:14 pm

Winter almost jumped; the amount of energy she'd suddenly felt was almost overwhelming. Suppressing the urge to ask Ragnarok to tone it down, she simply gave a light whew and fell silent.

A few seconds passed by uneventfully. Truth be told, Winter was terrified. But she managed to steady her hands and gather the courage to make that final step...

The connection, the sensation of it, was familiar. But the rest was not. There was still some life in there - microscopic things that sat about, slowly decomposing. Winter gave a sharp intake of breath - so many voices, "SO MANY VOICES..."

Her hands trembled as she struggled to isolate them, make sense of the chaos... though already she could feel her control beginning to slip away. Nox's body gave a queer sort of twitch, an unnatural movement, though Winter did not notice it.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:18 pm

Nox' abdominal muscles contracted unwillingly. Only then did he wake up. He cracked his neck and looked around. He felt... fuzzy. He shook his head, near-white hair swinging around. He sat up and looked at Winter. "Was I dead? Am I dead? I felt... Nothingness." What te actual fuck. He remembered his wounds. "Can I get some treatment on these wounds?"
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:21 pm

Watching Nox get up filled him with hope. He almost threw his arms around Nox but simply hugged him and yelled with joy.

"DAVID YOU LUCKY BASTARD! I was so worried about you! You could've died on us you know? Dead for good because of a weak ol' gun?! I got the serum and our files... And.. And I brought you back... I brought you back because I worried and Winter helped bring you back to life.. Hell she did most of the work.."

So saying he turned to Winter where he knelt, placing his forehead on his knee.

"Winter... I.. I owe you so much.. I insist you let me pay a debt; let me help you, or let us give you some form of constant shelter please..."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:27 pm

Winter did not react, feeling unnaturally cold. She was still channeling energy into Nox - though she was no longer touching him, Ragnarok's amplification had been so effective. However, she was terrified to cease the flow of energy, for if Nox collapsed then she would have to try again. This was not a thought she relished.

However, after several eternal seconds of silent perspiration, Winter felt her thoughts changing. Her skin grew cold, and she felt another presence within her mind - an unfamiliar entity. Now even more frightened, she mustered the necessary courage and severed the bond.

Luckily, Nox had been alive long enough for his organs to become independent once more, and he did not collapse. Winter, however, remained still, staring off into space - not registering Ragnarok's offer or anything else. She was unsure of what she had done, but even more unsure of what she could do.

Last edited by MataRahi on Tue 22 May 2012, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:27 pm

Nox turned to Winter. "I kinda lost that movie... I beg your pardon." He unsteadily got up, knees wobbly and legs weak. He felt... Sluggish. At least the blood in the wounds had coagulated. "These may need attention. The best thing would be an Amnio Tank, but since those are extremely rare, I may need to go the normal first aid route."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:31 pm

He stopped the flow of energy and dared not to look up at her until she acknowledged the agreement that he was endebted to her.

"Nox.. I doubt you're not hungry... There's some food in the usual spot.. We'll.. We'll plan our next strike I guess.. Don't walk too much; take some morphine, examine the wounds.. Go into a pitch black room, maybe that'll help."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:34 pm

Winter, without much warning, simply seemed to snap out of her trance and walk from the room. Though she had only recently arisen, she was inexplicably tired. I wish things weren't so complicated these days.
Back to top Go down
Trilole
Refugee
Trilole

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:38 pm

He was standing at the entrance, and he looked at the woman walking out, and he followed her.

"Ah...Wait up please..!"
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:43 pm

Nox only nodded and walked out. Seeing Winter leaving, he called out to her. "Wait! I need to talk to you!" He had so much to say, and few words to describe it. He was extremely grateful for Winter's help. He pulled a small black cockle shell with a white flash on the underside from his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Winter started at the sight of an unfamiliar figure - she vaguely recalled having passed him on her way into the compound.

"Oh. Hey." She stopped, uncertain of what to make of the man. "What is it?"

Hearing Nox, she turned around. "Yes...?"
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:49 pm

He stood slowly and walked out into the hall looking at Winter.

"We're still on lockdown y'know... Oh.. and I forgot to tell you. We met the bomber.. She goes by the name Pandora... You should be careful of her. I can't even get a good enough read on her like I can on you..."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:50 pm

"I just want to say thank you so much for everything you've done for me." He then held out the shell. "And.. If you're leaving I want you to have this. It always brought me good luck." He remembered that shell's history. He had picked it up on a beach years ago for a girl he used to love but now hardly remembered.
Back to top Go down
Trilole
Refugee
Trilole

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:52 pm

"So you're this...Catalyst person too?" He said with a little bit of hope in his voice.

Aran hoped he hadn't been lied to... He blinked, desperation in his eyes. He longed to be with someone who would not look at him like some kind of freak for being able to manipulate fire and electricity.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:54 pm

"Pandora?" Winter was a bit taken aback - but only a bit. From what she'd learned of the woman in their brief conversation, it was only mildly surprising to learn that Pandora was in with these men.

"She wouldn't be the subway bomber as well, would she? Remind me to thank her for almost killing me."

Winter took the shell gingerly, not quite sure how to react (as was quickly becoming the norm). "I... it was nothing. I mean, thanks." She managed the vestige of a smile before turning to Aran. "I am... Say, what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:57 pm

"She is... And... Look, Bloom. I don't want you to go too far. They're searching for you after I made a speech.. Please. I beg of you. Stay with us in the metros. It's safe as a nuclear bunker in here so you'd be fine.."

He noticed the shell and laughed a bit shaking his head. A common gesture; a good luck charm to someone who was worthwhile. He then chimed up, a bit mockingly.

"The darkness lover has a crush on a healer? Quite an odd airplane paperback."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:59 pm

Nox turned and headed for the informal rec room. It was time for R&R, and right now that meant Tylenol and a good old fashioned video game. He opened te small leather case, sampling his options. Battlefield? Nah, no multiplayer offline. Skyrim? Too stressful. He finally settled on a game he could have fun with: Dead Space. It would be creepy, but still fun. He would joke with Ragnarok if he came in.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:01 pm

"I... I'm sorry, but I just don't belong here. We're of two different mindsets, we are. Thank you for your hospitality - I'm not sure I would have made it had you not sheltered me. But I must go. Goodbye, Nox, Ragnarok."

Winter grimaced at the taunt, half irritated - but half amused. "And just what is that supposed to mean?"
Back to top Go down
Trilole
Refugee
Trilole

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:06 pm

"My name is Aran...What is yours?" He said happily. Once more, he did assume, that everyone present in the area was a Catalyst. It was a term to define a human being with...Abilties to say in the least. And so he was curious. Curious as to what each person's abiltiy was.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:08 pm

"He has an affection on you greater than mine. And you're welcome here; we shan't be harmful, and you'll provide a good front to use to get the populus on our side..."

He sighed and shrugged, walking past her. Secretly he implanted some of his energy into her, in an attempt to get her to sympathize with his idea of her staying.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:09 pm

Nox set the controller down and ejected the disc. On second thought, scary was a bad idea. He looked through the case again, finally deciding on turning off the PS3 and turning instead to the iHome speaker system. He plugged in his iPod, ad played a single song on repeat.
"When you walk my way hope it gives you hell..."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:11 pm

"I... see. Well, the gift is certainly appreciated. Thank you."

Winter turned to answer the third man. "Pleased to meet you, Aran. I wish I could stay longer, but... Well, you must understand. I'm Bloom. Perhaps we shall meet again some day!"

With that, she turned and walked away - she had navigated these tunnels many a time in her decades of running from gangs, and knew precisely where a dilapidated old corridor had collapsed, forming an entrance into the sewers. Though a certain part of her seemed to want to remain for whatever reason, Winter knew that such a decision could not turn out well for her or her ideals, and thus she pressed on.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:14 pm

He mumbled something of a "I'll be back" to Nox then took off his jacket, sneaking after winter; despite how large he was, he was capable of sneaking around rather well. Once he found her base, he'd be able to learn more about her. Damn if he wasn't curious...
Back to top Go down
Trilole
Refugee
Trilole

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:20 pm

Aran looked to the man who was just brought back to life..

Heh...It must be so....Amazing to bring people back to life...But I wonder...How..?

He eyed the man carefully, understanding he wasn't of the undead. Aran approached him, and sat down on the floor next to him, enjoying the song. But whoever was chasing Winter had found this base...Would they not come back..?
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:22 pm

Nox clicked the "Next" prompt and listened to a particular favorite by Breaking Benjamin. "Watch the dark begin to rise, save your breath it's far from over..." Ah, good times in his teen years when he had listened to these songs last. He just couldn't shake the memory of one girl, whose green eyes seemed always to be laughing. What was her name again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)
Page 17 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next