WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!

Go down 
+7
pyro_dear
Rachel
Ømnivalence
marsh
Patches
Balu
Szemetlada
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 1:19 am

Metal swords are not common, but I have absolutely no objection to you playing a swordsman. There are several renowned smithies that produce different types of swords upon special request, but you needn't mention the smithy you obtained your sword from unless you feel you should.

It's really all up to you; you could start out with a maquahuitl and get a forged blade IC if you like.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 1:50 am

One of my characters was going to be a Golm who was essentially a fold-out forge, so I may go with that. A sword could be a project he was working on, I don't know. We'll see.

Would they be steel or bronze, most likely? My original plan was to give him a rapier, but if he had a khopesh instead, that might also be cool.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 2:05 am

Most likely? I'd say bronze, but though metalworks isn't commonplace, it's pretty advanced where it exists, so steel works, too.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

Long time in coming, but:

Name: Caoas
Seed: Ae'dile (M)
Appearance: Caoas is the equivalent of twenty-eight years old. He's 5'10" tall with an athletic build. His plumage takes its cue from the peacock and, and feathers are scattered sparsely about his body; in bright light, they are so oddly iridescent that come "night," he practically radiates an ever-shifting array of blues, greens, and purples. He's got that sort of crest thing that peacocks have, and he doesn't have a proper mouth/nose. He's just got a beak that goes where both of those would go on a human. His other particular feature is the tail. He's got one. When he puts it up, it adds a couple inches to his height.
Personality: Caoas is rather like Han Solo stuck in a blender with a bird and a wandering samurai. He fancies himself a bit of a badass, which he generally is.
Common dress: In non-combat situations, he wears an elaborately-woven knee-length vest of deep red with black patterns woven in, over an ivory-colored long-sleeve shirt and a pair of well-fitted black pants. He typically doesn't wear shoes unless fighting, but when situation calls, he has a pair of glorified leather sandals with the individual toes articulated.
Skills: Caoas can sword. The end. Anything about a sword, he can tell you. Sometimes he also guns, but not often. He can smith and fix things pretty well, and he can fly an ornithopter pretty well.
Notable possessions: Notable possessions include a pair of flintlock pistols, a makhaira, a set of lamellar armor, and a 3ft round punch shield. The pistols are nothing special, but the makhaira was an heirloom made by a Pyrian smith. The shield can retract into a one-foot buckler when necessary; his mentor gave it to him when he finished training. Rumor has it that it's faced with the leather of some undiscovered creature that lived at the heart of a void-well and that the boss is built of a Phosphor-bug's carapace. The armor is constructed from lacquered reptile scales laced together. Then there's the forge, but that's hardly a possession. He also has a WIP project that looks like an odd steel bar with six iron strands sticking out of it and a small ornithopter that's basically the flying equivalent of a Yugo.
Residence: He lives in/with a roving Golm who serves as his shop, home, and companion.
Notable contacts: His as-yet-unnamed Golm compatriot, a mentor who may be back somewhere
Bio: I'll work this out as I go.
Anything else?:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

Accepted! I'll be PMing you concerning initialization shortly.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

Thanks. I've got the other character to write up soon; we'll see when I am able to do so.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 12:09 am

Going to Kansas City tomorrow, 3 hour drive. I'll finish the sheet and post it whenever I have internet.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:15 am

Alright, cool.

Also, I'm delaying the start of the IC from Saturday to Sunday on account of autoincompetence.

*procrastinates further on banner*
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 2:40 am

That works for me. My sheet got nowhere today, lol.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

Alriiiiiiiight so how would anyone react if I told them that I was postponing the launch again? I just don't want to be too hasty, and we have a bunch of sheets that still aren't in, lol.

Not going to set an absolute starting date this time, we'll just start when everyone is ready so we won't leave people behind.

That said, I have recently completed the IC banner and I would give you a preview of it but that would be spoilers. All I will say is that it contains Nch'ahlin, Velloix, Wyzonia, Nict'rr, Wans Fera and Circa, and Vse.

Hang in there, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

I SHALL START STABBING PEOPLE

*notices his IC isn't up either*

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 9:25 pm

DEVIL CROWN / TANGENT AXIS CROSSOVER, GO GO GO.

...Legs, we have the exact same number of posts.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

I'm going to join this, for sure. Just need to make my sheet.

Can't decide if I should be Pyrian or Serynian...

Also, why is there gender if seeds aren't made from sex?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

Alright, cool :3

Gender is just to differentiate personalities and appearance. Good question!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

A little delay once killed a man trying to dodge a bullet. Think on it.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

And then Barry showed up and shit made less sense than before.

Barry: *fireballed* Holy shit!
Codex: My man, how are you still standing?
Barry: I'm drunk.
Codex: ...
Barry: Also completeleh invulnerable.
Codex: Ah.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 12:09 am

Name: Izo
Seed: Golm
Appearance: As Golm tend to go, he's really not that big. He's "only" forty feet tall and sort of maybe human-shaped, save for not having a head, face, or two arms. Okay, so, the only vaguely humanoid part is his torso. He just sort of has a shiny dish on a pivot in between his shoulders. Most of him is stone, but the dish is shiny and metallic, and it gets really hot when it is exposed to the Phosphor for long periods, such as at "night." He has a single arm on the left side, which is long enough to wrap around and reach his right side. To make up for the weight imbalance, his torso is built with a right lean in it; the floors on the inside are still level, but all the floors besides the first are shifted rightwards. His torso is situated on a rectangular base with a short (10ft long or so) leg on each of the four corners. His torso can rotate all the way around continuously. He's got two proper floors and a sort of attic; the bottom is largely taken up by a forge, and the rest isn't really differentiated besides having a couple of rooms. His digestive system is located along the spinal area.
Personality: He's mainly there to play both Chewbacca and Millennium Falcon to Caoas' Han Solo. He's mostly the straight man, but he's also the all-purpose sidekick.
Common dress: …what? Do they even make those in this size?
Skills: He's knowledgeable primarily about the use of forges and furnaces and geology, as an intuitive feature of, well, being a Golm with a forge inside.
Notable possessions: Caoas' ornithopter spends most of its time attached to his back, latched on like a backpack by its insectoid landing gear. There's some random stuff inside, but the forge is the main thing. It takes his own internal heat and the energy gathered from his "Phosphor panel" to create a fuel-less, clean-running forge that's hotter than what most smiths can get using conventional methods. The stored heat can also be re-ejected through the phosphor panel as a heat ray when not being used for the forge. There is also a spiked mace sitting in a hollow at the base of his torso
Residence: He is a residence.
Notable contacts: Caoas, mostly.
Bio: Again, this will evolve as it goes.
Anything else?:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

Accepted, Eo. I take it since he basically travels with Caoas, they'll follow roughly the same starting plot?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

Yep. Caoas lives inside him, so wherever the one goes, so does the other.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

So, any ETA?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 2:21 am

I'll be bugging Hawk and Luna for their sheets next time I see them. Can't remember if Balu said he'd get one in or not...

Anyway, if I get a time from then then that'll be the launch date, if not, I'll just set one myself.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

Happy birthday.

Name: Akuth'Flhae Ghragn-Etl
Seed: Ten'Uulian Female
Appearance: Akuth is about what anyone might expect from a seed of her kind: Not exactly the prettiest girl in town. She typically stands at about a height of 8 feet, though at her full size she is about 12 feet high. Her skin is largely wet and a bit slimy, and mostly of a dull teal variety, with not much variance between colors and shades. She is relatively thin and slender, at least if one disregarded the mass of tentacles. Now, to properly describe her let's break this up into sections, shall we?
HEAD - She has a distinctly fish-like head, with a sort of flat, narrow look to it, and a slight jutting-up of the lower jaw. This gives her a sort of constantly frowning look, further enforced by the fact that she smiles rarely. She has thin, sharp, needle-like teeth. Her eyes are a bright yellow-orange, with oval pupils, and are front-facing on her face. Surprisingly enough she does have something akin to eyelashes: Minuscule tendrils that mostly stay still. She does use cosmetics, and one can typically see her with reddish lipstick and black eyeliner/mascara/whatever you put on eyes. Her snake-like hair is typically tied up in a bun on her head, though the few times it is let down it reaches down to her chin, and has an annoying tendency to get in her eyes, thus the reason for it being kept up. Instead of ears she has a sort of pitiful substitute in the form of tendrils with a membrane in between them, stretching out when her sympathetic nervous system is aroused. Otherwise they just hang like coontails. Her neck is pretty normal, being one long appendage. This leads to her...
BODY - Her body is quite literally just one long, eelish appendage, like a snake. Or at least that's the main, really basic part of it. There are also the tentacles. Her upper body/chest is actually quite bare of any tendrils, though the sides of her abdomen/lower chest area sport one large, orange, sunken in eye on each side. Her lower body, however, is absolutely eldritch. Multiple sucker-like mouths (like a lamprey) of various sizes are scattered on her sides and back, though they are mostly hidden by writhing worm-like tentacles. Of course the don't exactly writhe, just kind of twitch and jiggle. Her "feet" are pretty much spread out, larger tentacles coming out of her tail that lie on the ground and do tentacle movey things.
ARMS - Long and lean, though surprisingly devoid of any Ten'Uulian oddities. The arms themselves could be described as stringily muscular, not "buff" or near anything that could even vaguely be described as "buff" but it is at least apparent that there is some upper body strength involved in picking up those huge tomes of lore. Her hands are thin and skeletal, with three long fingers and one long thumb. They are tipped with sharp, black claws.
Personality: Akuth is...boring, as one might say. She is not a cook, nor is she a social and outgoing person. Indeed she would much rather prefer to stay in a dank, musty room for days on end without the company of anyone. Besides, she is rather dull. She is not acquainted with the 'new and hip' of the times, and she is hardly even interested in politics. Her whole attitude can sort of make people ignore her. However, she does have one passion: History. She is in love with the past, and if someone even mentions the Great Raid of Korrylna Proper she will often perk up immediately, becoming the outgoing, social Ten'Uulian that everyone expects to find. She especially is one for uncovering the ancient cultures and religions. White Railway? Who cares when you can learn about the cults of Vse! She is also very protective of things concerning this subject matter. It just makes her blood boil when some young D'eya chump tosses a book in the mud, or when a Loomai would much prefer to pamper their little animals than work on waterproof libraries. Not that she is prejudiced against any other Seed, those are just a few examples. Though concerning pampering she is not entirely against it; she enjoys dressing up every now and then. Recently she has become rather interested in the cults of Vse, and the results of that strange archaeological expedition have piqued her interest.
Common dress: Since her entire lower body is like a snake's and thus not very suitable for clothing, Akuth instead prefers to wear nice suit tops. Her most common outfit is a white button-down shirt with a long-sleeved, somewhat tight-fitting navy blazer. It has a small pocket on the top left hand corner, which is where she keeps a small notepad and a pen.
Occupation: Librarian and historian. While she was born in a small, swamp settlement sort of in between Wan Hanna and the Glades, Akuth has usurped the idea of national loyalty for the pursuit of the past. She scours the archives of various cities and even in the occasional exotic Golm in search of the right books to connect accounts of the past together.
Skills: She is most skilled with books; she isn't a librarian just for show. She knows various different old languages (though she usually has language books just to help her out with some of the dialects) and can very easily translate a large passage if given a day or two. She also knows how to fix and repair books. If someone gave her a ratty old lexicon that was dropped in a puddle she could patch it up to make it mostly legible again.
Notable possessions: A large, black shoulderbag in which she keeps her reference books, which she compiled into small little guide texts for easy usage. She also owns a small pottery collection. Well, not exactly small. She has a whole collection of shards from ancient pots and such, which she orders by the year they were made and where they were made in.
Residence: Akuth grew up in the dark, swampy region of Vorflucx, a narrow but long band of land sandwiched between the jungles of Wan Hanna and the forests of the Glades. Its bogs are dangerous to travel in at night, but it is rich in diverse flora and fauna. Many biologists come to the area to study the ecosystem, and they're still finding new subjects. However, it is not exactly a dream residential area, and many of the houses are simply cabins on stilts or tree houses, connected by bridges.
However, she did not stay there. In fact she really does not have a "home". She largely travels across the different regions whenever it is required, and her assistance in translating or fixing newly discovered tomes is very much required, and very often. She also visits the library of the Golm Magistribus Codex, mostly to explore his vast collection.
Notable contacts: Codex is a supplier of quite a few interesting tomes, and she has occasionally taken up shelter in his halls. She had Giana Velloix as a classmate/colleague in school, though she did not befriend the researcher, and believed her focus on genetics and advancement of that sort to be a waste of time. However, she was close with Beilijjia Lytmos, and shared her fascination in archaeology and the like. After that expedition which broke her friend's mind, she has recently become interested in the ruins that they explored. Perhaps a bit too interested...
Bio: (Lol this'll take forever so leaving it out for now)
Anything else?:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

Accepted accepted a million times ACCEPTED. In fact I would enjoy it if you retracted the sheet and re-submitted it so I could accept it again.

And maybe a third time.

Anyway, I'll be sending you a PM faaaaaairly soon regarding initializations. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

THIS AXIS NEEDS TO BE TANGENT ALREADY.

Go go go.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

I near completely forgot about this...
I don't know if I will join or not at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!   Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tangent Axis - Pigs flew! Hell froze! TA has awoken!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next