WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~

Go down 
+8
Sadie
DB
Patches
Snowy
Dragockon
Szemetlada
Diamondback
Tanadin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ Empty
PostSubject: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Blending In

Long ago, before the dawn of mankind, a dragon stood on a cliff. It wasn't a normal cliff. It wasn't on Earth. In fact, it was nowhere near Earth. Not even on the same plane of existence. This dragon's name was Gemstar. He was huge, at least fifty feet long, with amethyst colored scales and emerald eyes. Three sapphire horns adorned his head. He extended his massive wings, darkening the lands below as he blotted out the sun. He roared at the sky, shaking the world.

His mate, a navy blue dragon named Akeera, walked up next to him. She was as large as he was with sky blue eyes and the standard four horns. "What is wrong, dear?" she asked him. Gemstar lowered his wings and sat, turning his head to look at her. "I disagree with Safeirika. There does not need to be a staging area on the first plane." Akeera blinked at him. "For such as wise old dragon, you can be foolish." "What do you mean?" he queried.

"What I mean is that Safeirika is right. We can't let matters on the first plane continue on however Neltharaku wants them to." Gemstar growled at the mention of the being's name. "I say Neltharaku can do whatever he damn well pleases. He can't get back to the second plane, we have nothing to fear." Akeera frowned. "You're lying to yourself, Gemstar. It was a miracle that Shondramon was able to banish him there, but how long will it last? And if he corrupts the entire first plane, then it will leak to ours. You of all dragons should know how the planes are linked together."

Gemstar sighed. "What will we do, then? These...these humans that Blaze thinks should be created sound like an accident waiting to happen." "I'm sure they won't turn out like the dwarves did, dear." Akeera said, nuzzling Gemstar. He sighed. "You're right, of course. You always are. But how will they know that we are their allies? That they have to do what we say to completely destroy Neltharaku?"

"I already have an answer, but you're not going to like it." said a voice from behind the two ancient dragons. A silver bipedal dragon walked up and sat next to Akeera. She was like all other Fitronians except the fact that she was silver in color, not red. Her amber gaze drifted over Akeera and Gemstar. "Spit it out, Shondramon." Gemstar said. She sighed. "Draconians. The mix of dragons and humans."
Gemstar was on his feet faster that a bolt of lightning. "WHAT?! Did a Ra'kara fry your brain?!" Shondramon shot him an irritated look. "Fried Safeirka's brain, more like. It was her idea. It's not the ideal plan, but...it's the best anyone's come up with." "Is something wrong with you?" Gemstar exclaimed. "Any better ideas?" Shondramon asked sarcastically. "Well...no." "Then let's proceed with Safeirika's plan," Akeera said, "I hope it is not the death of us."

Explanation
This is based off another RP of mine by the same name. It's kind of a remake, but it's too different. This time around, the plot actually, well...exists. So pretty much, there are normal humans. Then there are a few people who aren't normal. They are seemingly randomly chosen by some great being (no one knows quite who) to become draconians- part dragon, part human. They appear to be normal people, but once they get old enough- around 13- they discover that they aren't normal. Usually by getting attacked by some creature of the second plane and going into part- or full-dragon form by accident. Don't worry, I'll explain more later.

The Planes
The Three Planes are planes of existence. The first is the one that humans, dogs, cats, bear, wolves, etc. live on. The second plane is where stuff like dragons, gryphons, Ra'kara, etc. live on. The third plane is shrouded in mystery and it is uncertain whether it really exists or not. If so, that is where the rumored angels live. The first and second planes can't interact with each other, like parallel lines, they never meet. But if, say, a dragon got enough power to cross from the second to the first plane, then wam! Humans could see it. So you couldn't ever see Earth if you were on the second plane, and you couldn't see Andragos is you were on the first plane. Weird, huh?
But how does a dragon remain hidden while on the first plane? Well. they can hide. But that doesn't really help an 80-foot-long glowing dragon that has the hiccups. Then there are exo cloaks. More on them later.

The Characters
You are a draconian. What kind is up to you.
Human- Pure human. 0% dragon Cannot see through exo cloaks and cannot access the second plane unless granted second sight. (Playable if you really want to)
Dragon Touched- An almost human with dragon qualities. 10-25%  dragon. Does not have a dragon form. Can grow claws, back spines, horns, and sharp teeth. Eyes may change to dragon eyes. If percentage is 20% or higher, may be able to grow tail and/or wings and fly. Can see through exo cloaks and access the second plane. (Playable)
Human Dominant- Mostly human with some dragon. 26-49% dragon. Has a dragon form. Generally more hotheaded than draconians with more dragon, or at least more likely to get violent. Better at using weapons. Can see through exo cloaks and access the second plane.(Playable)
Balanced- Completely balanced. 50% dragon. Has a dragon form. Extremely rare. Often have mood swings; irritable one moment and calmer than a forest pool the next. Better at using magic. Can see through exo cloaks and access the second plane.(Playable)
Dragon Dominant- Mostly dragon with some human. 51-75% dragon. Has a dragon form. Generally calmer than draconians with less dragon, or at least less likely to get violent. Better at using dragon form in general; flying. blasting, etc. Can see through exo cloaks and access the second plane. (Playable)
Human Touched- Theoretically possible; an almost dragon with human qualities. No such creature has even been recorded. (Not playable)
Dragon- Pure dragon. 100% dragon. Can create their own exo cloak without a Cloaker. Cannot access the first plane unless they gain enough power. (Not playable)

Exo Cloaks and Cloakers
An exo cloak is something that is a creature from the second plane's best friend on the first plane. And exo cloak keeps people from accidently stumbling upon a dragon or whatever. You are still on the first plane, but creatures that have no origin in the second plane or that do not have second sight cannot see, hear, smell, or feel you (they can't taste you either for those of you wondering). Creatures purely from the second plane can cast an exo cloak over themselves whenever they have enough energy- a dragon on the brink of death could not cast an exo cloak. However, exo cloaked or not, a draconian or dragon or whatever could still see you. It's hard to tell if you have an exo cloak effecting you, you just have to hope it's on.

Draconians do not have the ability to exo cloak themselves. They need a stone called a Cloaker. These are created by the Oracle Troop on Andragos and are therefore almost impossible to come by on Earth. You must be granted one by the Dragon Council. To use it, you must whisper the magic password (it's different for every Cloaker). After a certain amount of use the magical charge in a Cloaker will start to fade and they become faulty. I'll keep you updated on how low your character's Cloaker's charge is, although your character really has no way of telling until people start pointing and you realize the charge is out. Once a Cloaker's charge is low and they start becoming faulty, funny (for the RPer) things will happen. People might be able to fleetingly see you. They might be able to hear you. The lower the charge, the more people become aware of your presence. You can get your Cloaker recharged by certain Oracle or Multono Troop on Andragos.

The Dragon Troops
There are 5 dragon troops that Draconians can be part dragon of: so you could be a Fitronian (Fire Troop) draconian or a Multonian (Multono Troop) draconian, or any other type. All Troop dragons are bipedal.

Fire Troop (Fitronians)
Rarity: Common
Element: Fire
Specialties: Forging, flying
Base Spell Level: SL1
Appearance: 6-8 1/2 feet tall. Scales are colored like fire, so yellow, orange, red, or a combination of the above. Scorpion tail with powerful poison. Five clawed fingers on each hand. 2 arms, 2 legs. Two horns for males, four for females. Brighter back spines. Standard batlike wings enable excellent flight. Females are overall stronger.
Strengths: Immune to fire and poison, as well as lava. Heat resistant. Can control fire easily and often use bows. Surprisingly competent swimmers.
Weaknesses: Ice, cold. Aren't very magically inclined.
Fire color: Normal fire or possibly tinted red or yellow.
Trade: Fitronians specialize in forging armor and weapons for other Troop dragons and themselves. Although a naturally peaceful race, they are prepared for war. Many Fitronians don't actually have the skills needed to be a blacksmith. Others have become  proficient alchemists, although most aren't.
Homeland: Island of Kiroe

Multono Troop (Multonians)
Rarity: Rare
Element: Ice
Specialties: Navigating, swimming
Appearance: 7-9 feet tall. Scales come in a range between black and cyan blue.  Tail with standard arrowhead. Five clawed fingers on each hand. 4 arms, 2 legs, 3 heads. Two horns on each head for males, two horns on only middle head for females. Darker back spines. Four smaller batlike wing enable great flight and lightning speeds through water. Males are overall stronger.
Strengths: Immune to being frozen and can breathe underwater. Cold resistant. Can control ice easily and often use swords.
Weaknesses: Heat. Are only somewhat magically inclined.
Fire color: Shades of bright blue. It burns with cold, like dry ice.
Trade: Multonians specialize in making maps, compasses, etc. Most Multonians are at least capable navigators, although not all can create maps well.
Homeland: Jk'ataru Mountain Range

Dark Troop (Dratonians)
Rarity: Uncommon
Element: Darkness
Specialties: Fighting, flying
Appearance: Exactly like Fitronians, except with a normal dragon tail complete with arrowhead, and scale colors come from dark grey to black. Males are overall stronger.
Strengths: Immune to darkness abilities and can turn invisible temporarily: invisibility drains power. Excellent eyesight.
Weaknesses: Magic. Are not magically inclined. Can't usually swim very well.
Fire Color: Normal, may be darker in color or perhaps tinted more orange.
Trade: Dratonians have excellent eyesight, so they are often hired for gathering herbs and mining. They also are great mercenaries.
Homeland: Nkmaru Desert

Oracle Troop (Slitonians)
Rarity: Rare
Element: Light
Specialties: Magic, running
Base Spell Level: SL2
Appearance: Oracle Troop are built like raptors. They have standard dragon heads, tails, feet, arms, and wings though. They all have three horns. They have thick, soft fur running from the top and sides of their necks until the middle of their tail. They have four clawed fingers on each hand (including thumbs like normal). 2 arms, 2 legs. Their tail ends in a macehead. Their fur is dark blue and their scales range from white to a slightly lighter blue than their fur. Their two wings are small and not great for flying quickly, although they are competent. They have no back spines. Females are slightly stronger than males and often have darker fur.
Strengths: Immune to light abilities and resistant to magic in general. Resistant to cold. Are magically inclined. Fast runners.
Weaknesses: Darkness. Are not the best at physical activities aside from running.
Fire color: Lighter colored than normal fire.
Trade: Slitonians enchant  items for other dragon troops, and also create Cloakers. They also have the largest library on all of Andragos.
Homeland: Northern Ice Cap

Lava Troop (Lidtonians)
Warning: Information not found. Lava Troop died off centuries ago, before the Oracle Troop began to record history in their books. Fire Troop are the closest known relatives to this extinct and mysterious troop.

Keep In Mind For Your Character
You can't allow others to know who you are.
The more percentage of dragon in your blood, the more monsters come after you.
You are probably dubbed a freak by kids at school if you go to a school.
You don't know what you are at the start of the RP. (Unless you are Sue'on Flamewarden, which you're not, unless your username happens to be Tanadin.)
You don't' learn all the SL5 spells at once as soon as you hit the level. You have to learn each individually by studying. It's a pain.

Important NPCs
Safeirika- Guardian of Dragonkind. She is a few hundred thousand years old. She is azure in color with silver horns and claws, emerald eyes, and a triple-point tailend. She has five horns and walks on four legs.

Blaze- Guardian of the World. He is Safeirka's slightly younger brother. He is fiery red in color with golden horns and claws, sapphire eyes, and a triple-point tailend. He has three horns and walks on four legs.

Captain Pen- A Captain of the Multono Troop. He is a pure dragon. He helps train the draconians to fight Neltharaku. He is dark blue. His eyes are bright green with a sparkle of good humor.

The Dragon Council
This consists of five dragons, one from each troop. The Lava Troop seat is there for honor purposes; never has a dragon sat in it. These dragons make all the rules. You will learn the rules inside the roleplay. :3

Last edited by Tanadin on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Reserve 1: Rules
1. Usual RPing rules- no godmodding, powerplaying, etc.
2. You are not a human who was genetically merged with a dragon. There was ONE person who did that, and you can't do it unless you are that person. (ThanatosOfMythos, I believe it was.)
3. You character has to be between 12 and 19 years old. Preferably 13-15.
4. You are not to be related to any renowned dragon, even remotely, unless you get my permission first. Otherwise it can get weird.
5. Don't get super gory. Try to keep it limited, and if I ask you to edit it because it makes me sick, please edit it quickly.
6. You caaaan swear, but try to censor the really bad ones with * unless you really don't want to. But if you don't' want to censor them, don't excessively curse.
7. Don't describe any mating/sex or stuff like that. We get the picture.
8. Each post must be at least 4 sentences, 2 if it's dialogue- I know it's hard to make long posts when all your character can do is talk.
9. No means no, yes means yes, and maybe means stop bugging me, I'm thinking about it.
10. Even though I KNOW it's hard with the setting, please try to be realistic. You do still have to eat and sleep. You do get lonely (unless your character is the most antisocial person in the Universe)
11. Don't get overpowered.
12. Ask me any questions you have- don't be afraid!
13. I have the right to reject your character sheet(s) for no obvious reason.
14. I have the right to kill off your character(s) for no obvious reason.
15. I can break my own rules to enforce them.
16. If you are going to be away for awhile, tell me. I can send your character on a mission or have someone control it for you, your choice. Or you could just freeze them flying over an ocean or something.
17. Have fun! If you aren't having fun, let me know why.

Last edited by Tanadin on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

Reserve 2: Character Sheets
Here's the character sheet format.

Username: (Feel free to include something else I can call you)
Name: (First and last. This applies to both dragon AND human forms)
Gender: (Male or female. Not both, not neither, not anything else. It would get even weirder)
Dragon Percentage: (10% to 75% dragon)
Draconian Type: (Depends on how much percentage- see chart)
Dragon Species: (Fitronian, Multonian, Dratonian, or Slitonian)
Human Appearance: (What their human form looks like)
Dragon Appearance: (What their dragon form looks like- has to be at least similar to basic species standard)
Personality: (Duh)
Spell Level: (SL2 for Oracle Troop, SL1 for everyone else.)
Bio: (Just a short (or long if you want) backstory for them)
Home: (Where they live, including town, state (if applicable), and country. It would be easiest if they all lived in North America, but anywhere is fine.)
Other: (Anything else?)

Remove the parentheses before sending it in to me.
Accepted character sheets:

Tanadin ~Fire~
Spoiler:

MataRahi
Spoiler:

KikoKitty182 ~Kiko~
Spoiler:

Eo
Spoiler:

Dragonbud ~DB~
Spoiler:

Lupus ~Wolf~
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tanadin on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

Reserve 3: Magic
There are five Spell Levels (SLs). The higher your SL, the more spells you can cast. I will tell you when your SL goes up- just practice your magic and read about it in Andragos' library.

Basic Spells (SL1)
Lightning Shock- A short-ranged shock of electriciy
Fireball- Shoots a small fireball
Speed- Speeds you up for a short amount of time, can be hard to control
Chill- Cool the air around a certain area, slowing most enemies.

Easy Spells (SL2)
Telekinesis- Basic telekineses; the range is within a half-mile, and you can only move things that you physically could move. No lifting mountains.
Frost Shard- Shoots a small shard of ice
Gust- Pushes at something in front of you with semi-strong wind

Intermediate Spells (SL3)
Shield- Create a earthen shield all around you
Frost Nova- Freeze the feet of most opponents within 10 yards to the ground
Fire Nova- Sends a blast of fire in a 10 yard radius

Hard Spells (SL4)
Light Beam- Shoots a beam of burning light from the center of your chest that will obliterate any Shadowfiend it touches
Darkness Tendril- Extends a tendril of burning darkness from the center of your chest that will obliterate any Lightclaw it touches
CAN ONLY LEARN ONE OF THOSE TWO
Firestorm- Creates a storm of fire above and around you that rains molten rock, fire, and boiling water along with shear gusts at enemies. Run once this is cast.
Hurricane- Creates a small hurricane that can either die or become huge depending on terrain and current weather
Portal- Create a portal to the Second Plane that anything with Second Sight can use

Ancient Spells (SL5)
Warning: Record of these spells are incomplete. There may be more than listed here. (I will tell you when your character learns each spell. Unlike other spell levels, Ancient Spells you have to learn one at a time and only when I say so. Sorry, but they're just too powerful.)
Corrupt- Makes you into a powerful, almost unstoppable monster of chaos.
Bestow- Bestow second sight on a creature of the first plane
Rune- Channel power for an entire week to gain mastery over 6 randomly chosen runes. 3 constructive, 3 destructive.
Armageddon- SAFEIRIKA HAS REMOVED ALL INFORMATION ON THIS SPELL FROM THE LIBRARIES OF ANDRAGONS AND HAS FORBIDDAN THE DISCUSSION OF THIS SPELL

Last edited by Tanadin on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

Reserve 4: Creature Index

Dragons: There are many species of dragon. I won't list them all here, but most dragons are on your side. Many don't like draconians and can be uncooperative when dealing with them, but few would ever attack a good draconian.

Outcasts: Outcasts are dragons from the Troops that didn't like the rules and left. They are hostile toward normal troop dragons and draconians. They are easily distinguished from troop dragons by their scales. And Outcast's scales have faded and always look dirty. Their horns and claws are often broken, and their eyes have a sunken, wild look. Most attack on sight. There is no penalty for killing Outcasts; the Dragon Council considers it the slaying of criminals.

Lokolangs: Large purple dogs with fangs. Their shoulder rises up to about four feet. They can literally drain the life out of dragons. Not blood, life. They can only drain life out of dragons, and that is their food. So expect frequent lokolang attacks; they mostly go for draconians. Not as tasty as pure dragon, but food is food, right?

Ra'kara: Here's a tip through living through a Ra'kara encounter: don't get in a Ra'kara encounter. Already in one? Jump off a cliff. Your death will be less messy. Ra'kara are the most powerful darkness elementals. For some reason they absolutely despise dragons and draconians. Wonderful. They can take the shape of anything but are pure black with glowing red eyes. They have a way of knowing what you fear and can morph to match.

Shadowfiends: These are weaker elementals of darkness. They hate everything except other darkness elementals. They appear as anything, but cannot change shape. So you could be attacked by a Shadowfiend looking like a crocodile and one like an imp or whatever. They are always black with glowing red eyes, so it can be hard to tell a lowly Shadowfiend from a Ra'kara by sight. If you die quickly, either you're really, really pathetic or it was really a Ra'kara, or both. Shadowfiends are only dangerous to the weak and unprepared.

Kirinax: These are the most powerful of fire elementals. They are overall neutral and don't like to interfere with the natural course of things. They rarely come to any of the dragons words and would never even think of considering going to Earth. Kirinax would rather help out a dragon than a Ra'kara.

Lightclaws: These are weak elementals of Light. They are primarily evil, believe it or not. They are like Shadowfiends, except bright white with cyan eyes.

Last edited by Tanadin on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

Reserve 5: World
I will get the maps up once we progress farther into the RP. I simply need to get this RP up before I finish them, for reasons that I'll keep to myself. But I'll give you a basic map of Andragos. (The original had my terrible computer handwriting then I decided not to put you all through that torture and typed it instead.)

Key
Spoiler:
Andragos
Spoiler:
Island of Kiroe
Spoiler:
Fitronian Village
Spoiler:
Slitonian Village (key does not apply)
Spoiler:
Jk'ataru Mountain Range
Spoiler:
Multonian Underground City (key does not apply)
Spoiler:

Sorry, no maps for the Dratonian cave system yet! It's next on my priority list, thought.

Last edited by Tanadin on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Reserve 6- Everything Else

I'll be completing the maps and magic sections soon. The creature index will constantly be growing.
This page will have videos made by me (and Kiko) explaining stuff in more detail and more derpyness.

You can post!
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

Reserving for later sheet creation
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:35 pm

I added my first character to the second reserve. I'll do my second character tomorrow as I don't even know her name yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm

Hoooooo boy you've put a lot of effort into this! o:

I maaaaaaay make a sheet. Can't promise it though. >3< At any rate, amazing job!
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 11:00 pm

Thanks. I've been working on this for about..two months now? This is not the best one I've written, but It comes in about second or third.
Thanks! And if you DO make one but aren't very active, that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 9:20 am

aldkjsa.
BIG SO BIG.
I SHALL JOIN WHooo~
But it might take me awhile...I'm quiet busy ^^;...
BUT I WILL JOIN.
I promise. c:

This looks awesome tandin! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

I might join. I'll have to go through the species again and see what I like.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 2:11 pm

So, a bunch of kids wake up one morning and find out they're part dragon?

Just because the title says "So and so RP 'with a twist'", doesn't mean there's any actual twist to the story. I didn't intend to sound mean when I said that of course, but what's the purpose of the creation of draconians anyhow?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 3:08 pm

My impression was that they're some sort of early-warning/suppression system in case the Big Bad starts getting uppity. How they manage to actually stop him without being entirely dragon, given how hard he was to put away the first time? Phlebotinum or shenanigans, I suppose.

But I agree that modern fantasy isn't really a twist anymore. I've seen it done and done it myself several times. Doesn't mean it's not still entertaining though, especially when he's put some effort into making concealing yourself some sort of a plot point and an unpredictable inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

Turning into a dragon while you're on a date with the girl of your dreams would be rather inconvenient, yes!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 4:50 pm

And funny, especially if it happens while walking her home and/or staying out past curfew.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

Or getting that close to getting her in your bed.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

You close your eyes, you lean in, she starts screaming...
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 7:05 pm

Guess who is lazy and finally got around to reading the whole thing~ I'll make a sheet ASAP :3
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Holy crap the posts exploded while I was gone at school today. (My version of 'exploding' in post number is clearly not very impressive. XD)

Drago- Awesome. And yes it is veeerrrry long. Sorry!
DB- Thanks!

Eo and Patches- The draconians were created to be a bridge between humans and dragons. Humans would be more likely to trust draconians than dragons, and dragons would be more likely to trust draconians than humans.
I'm a she. :P
They only go dragon form when they're in danger or if they just feel like it or whatever, not randomly unless that's part of your character.

And by 'draogn RP with a twist' is that I don't think you've ever seen a roleplay with part-dragons, part-humans like this before, and if you have, probably only a few times.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

Good evening fire ^^, and yes it is. But long Roleplay OP's get people's attention! (though to be honest I really don't know why, but it always seems to work that way XD.)
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

Aha, Tanadin arrives right when I have questions to ask! This is most excellent.

So do all the dragons have basically the same breath weapon? I ask because fire seems a bit overt for the darkness dragons, who seem to be otherwise built for stealth and basically very little else.

If a dragon doesn't have very good magic proficiency or a weapon skill, then should we assume that claws are what its best at? And how ineffective are claws, generally, if dragons apparently found a reason to invent swords?

And are the full dragons/draconian dragon forms bipedal or quadrupedal?
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

Drago- I don't know. I guess it impresses people with how much work you put into it.

Eo- Good timing :3
Draconians can only breath fire due to the fact that they are part human. Something about humans prevents them from using other elemental breath weapons besides fire. Pure dragons can blast anything from fire to ice shards to molten rock.

If you want, or you could assume that they are best with their tail weapon, or breath weapon. Dragons are practically built for combat. And claws are actually quite effective, as they're stronger than most of the metal that Fitronian smiths can make. Dragons don't ever use daggers as they are rather pointless when you have some built in.

Draconians (as well as the rest of the five dragon troops) are always bipedal. However, non-troop species are generally quadrupedal. (Gemstar, Safeirika, Blaze, and Akeera from the opening are quadrupedal, whereas Shondramon was bipedal)
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

Aha, that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next