WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Mercenaries

Go down 
+5
ron
RedBalloon
unit111
Balu
Szemetlada
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Mercenaries - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 12:56 am

Heontris wrote:
>Hold head in hands.

You do so, and indulge yourself in the necessary what have I done with my life thoughts.

These are, sadly, interrupted by a voice. It's saying something about a test of skills, but you're not really paying attention because the lights just came on.

You appear to be in a large gray chamber, not unlike the gray of the train platform. A large chain hangs from a two-foot-by-two-foot hole in the ceiling, and several levers line the walls of the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

>Wonder how I got here.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:18 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Wonder how I got here.

All you seem to be able to remember is a pair of pink eyes and a slightly sinister smile.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 8:56 pm

>Shudder as I remember the eyes. No one should have that pink of eyes.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Shudder as I remember the eyes. No one should have that pink of eyes.

You show off your best shudder to whomever is moderating this test, but they don't seem affected by it.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 10:00 pm

>Stand up, attempt to grab the chain.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Stand up, attempt to grab the chain.

You make a great flying leap for the chain, but it hangs contentedly just a few inches beyond your reach each time you jump.

Perhaps if you could find something to stand on? But no, there isn't anything else in the room besides the levers, one on each wall. Might as well give one of them a try next.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

>grab lever third from left on fifth row from top.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

Heontris wrote:
>grab lever third from left on fifth row from top.

Though confused, you go with the general impulse and pull the lever on the wall nearest to yourself.

The chain appears to retract into the ceiling; you quickly return the lever to the 'up' position.

Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

>Pull lever to the right.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

Heontris wrote:
>Pull lever to the right.

Pulling the right-hand lever does not seem to immediately affect the room - nor does the lever on the left. With both of these levers in the 'down' position, you move on to the fourth.

The lever on the far wall causes a small circular platform in the floor, directly beneath the chain, to lower about twelve inches.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

>Step on platform.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Step on platform.

You stand in the small indentation, but after a few seconds it rises up once more, clicking its respective lever back into the 'up' position. You decide to keep a mental record of each lever to assist you through this puzzle.

Near lever: (up) Retracts chain
Right lever: (down) Unknown
Left lever: (down) Unknown
Far lever: (up) Lowers platform

Perhaps some experimentation is in order.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

>Punch wall
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Punch wall

The wall feels the pain, but your knuckles feel it worse.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 10:17 pm

>Pull very left lever.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Pull very left lever.

Once again, nothing seems to happen immediately when the lever. However, upon further lever-pulling goodness, it appears that the platform no longer returns to its original state after several seconds, and the same principle applies to the chain retraction.

Near lever: (down) Retracts chain
Right lever: (down) Unknown
Left lever: (up) Appears to toggle a timer apparatus
Far lever: (down) Lowers platform

Last edited by MataRahi on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

>Pull lever at very top
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:25 am

Heontris wrote:
>Pull lever at very top

Upon doing so, and more random experimentation, you quickly deduce that the remaining lever reverses the effect of the near- and far-levers. That is, when activated, the near lever causes the chain to extend, and the far lever raises the platform.

You take the liberty of arranging the levers so that the platform is up, the chain is lowered, and the timer is deactivated so the above are locked in place.

Near lever: (up) Raises/lowers chain
Right lever: (up) Reverses near and far lever effects
Left lever: (down) Appears to toggle a timer apparatus
Far lever: (up) Raises/lowers platform
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 2:14 am

>Grab chain and pull.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Grab chain and pull.

You are easily able to reach the chain, but pulling it yields no result - it is locked in place. The timer mechanism must be vital in releasing the chain for pulling.

You sigh - you'll have to be quick.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

>Turn on timing, bring lever down, run and try to grab it.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:23 pm

Heontris wrote:
>Turn on timing, bring lever down, run and try to grab it.

You do so, having to reset the other levers in the process, but ultimately managing to set them up and dash for the chain, just barely managing to catch it before it retracts.

As you pull, the platform raises, and you soon find yourself in another dark room.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

>"WHO IS THIS? I HATE YOU! LET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE OR I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!" vent anger
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 11:08 pm

Heontris wrote:
>"WHO IS THIS? I HATE YOU! LET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE OR I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!" vent anger

It feels good to let out some bottled-up anger. Suddenly, however, when you are well into your third minute of ranting, the chamber lights activate, revealing the contents of this next room.

It looks like a junkyard, floor covered in heaps of garbage that you are only given a few seconds to glimpse before the sounds of gunfire erupt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercenaries   Mercenaries - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercenaries
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: IC Stock :: Old IC-
Jump to: