WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Phoden
€rim
BBeast
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Element
Fatman Cavalier
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

Indeed. I haven't been posting much in part because I know that my next post is going to consist of me gaining a few hundred human followers. It feels bad to just jump to that(though I'm going to post soon anyways) so I've been delaying because I know it should take me longer to progress, but I've accidentally put myself in a position where my only post available is to go gain a ton of followers.

Which... oops? should have planned this better, I think.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 11:57 pm

Guns did exist in Outremear during the Fifth Age. Although, conversely, most of our Keepers spent all their time in the void during the Fifth Age, so to know about guns you have to be either from the Fifth Age of Outremear or have knowledge from Earth about them.

But yes, Phoden is definitely way too far ahead. I have a recommendation. Slow down. Have some posts making no progress, for the time being at least, and use them to instead describe your character, your environment, your character, etc. in depth. Maybe spend that extra time developing a separate Rogue Construct, if you so wish.

That's merely my recommendation. Cavalier may or may not have something different to say.

I recall in the previous edition (you were there, so you may recall too) that when one person realised he was progressing unfairly fast he had a horrible accident occur to his Keeper which held him back the number of posts which should have been spent developing. I'm not saying a horrible accident has to happen to you, but there are ways to slow down to a fair pace without undoing everything you've done up to here.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 12:22 am

Yeah man

It could be more or less of an accident, depending on the relative horribleness

Let me know if you want less

/slowly strikes a crowbar against palm repeatedly
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 1:06 am

Who had the horrible accident? I don't recall that...

Was it Doviculous? You know, dying 'n' all.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 2:34 am

Einzeige. His avatar was lost in entropy and it took about a hundred posts for him to be recovered. His existence had faded into obscurity when his player left.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 5:40 am

Element wrote:
Phoden, you claim to have already built an Incan pyramid as your dungeon. Those things are huge, and you didn't even take more than a page or two to build it with your limited manpower.

Then, you're already bending the rules by totally bypassing your Keeper starting out as a weak human with no real power, and by building some Orb as a LEVEL ONE construct that alliws you to summon one of several 'Immortals', which you described as demi-keepers, at any given time. One Immortal is injured? With the system you described, you'd have like 5 more to call in as replacements. On top of that, you're claiming that once you kill enough humans for souls, you'll get to have MULTIPLE of these 'Immortals' out at once.

About every Keeper, maybe with the exceotion of Bataar, thinks cannons are thunder-guns. You haven't balanced your Keeper by having a lack of technology. And the reason I went so far as to claim your Keeper is going to steamroll over everyone us the fact that Cavalier, the first person to post and therefor the person who probably should be the farthest ahead, has a force of about a dozen imps. Most of us have less than five followers. In stark contrast, you already have a dungeon, a powerful Keeper, dozens of followers, one conquered village, a construct, and the Immortals. You're already pages ahead of us all.

1) My keepers all centered about the nazca lines. So his Linewalkers draw special makrs and than the magic raises the Blackend ground and forms the pirmade. So it isn't normale building .

2) I never said multible immortals will be free at a time. I even recall and seeing in a post that I typed that only 1 Immortal can ever be on the field.

Also I don't know if my sentances are bad but every time you guys bring up the Immortals I say there as strong as constructs , mayby some math will help.

Level 1 orb = level 1 construct = level 1 construct power = power of immortal freed for a while with orb.

So my monsters are basicaly constructs.

I said that when I gather sufficiant human souls , I will allow myself to bring the Orb to Level 2 wich is

Level 2 orb = level 2 construct = level 2 construct power = power of immortal freed for a while with orb.

3) your logic of the person to first post is unlogical.

The entire rp has 41 posts. Cav has 5 , I have 11.

I have more than 1/4 of all posts.

4) this isn't outrmar an Village is nothing. It was even some old village reservat where they put old descendants of the Inca's. This is around 18yh centuary humans are still fing Racists

5)Yes , I should probaply Slow down , Probaply Angry Humanss attacking. Yeah Peru's army coming to f me.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 9:06 am

Phoden wrote:
Element wrote:
Phoden, you claim to have already built an Incan pyramid as your dungeon. Those things are huge, and you didn't even take more than a page or two to build it with your limited manpower.

Then, you're already bending the rules by totally bypassing your Keeper starting out as a weak human with no real power, and by building some Orb as a LEVEL ONE construct that alliws you to summon one of several 'Immortals', which you described as demi-keepers, at any given time. One Immortal is injured? With the system you described, you'd have like 5 more to call in as replacements. On top of that, you're claiming that once you kill enough humans for souls, you'll get to have MULTIPLE of these 'Immortals' out at once.

About every Keeper, maybe with the exceotion of Bataar, thinks cannons are thunder-guns. You haven't balanced your Keeper by having a lack of technology. And the reason I went so far as to claim your Keeper is going to steamroll over everyone us the fact that Cavalier, the first person to post and therefor the person who probably should be the farthest ahead, has a force of about a dozen imps. Most of us have less than five followers. In stark contrast, you already have a dungeon, a powerful Keeper, dozens of followers, one conquered village, a construct, and the Immortals. You're already pages ahead of us all.

1) My keepers all centered about the nazca lines. So his Linewalkers draw special makrs and than the magic raises the Blackend ground and forms the pirmade. So it isn't normale building .

2) I never said multible immortals will be free at a time. I even recall and seeing in a post that I typed that only 1 Immortal can ever be on the field.

Also I don't know if my sentances are bad but every time you guys bring up the Immortals I say there as strong as constructs , mayby some math will help.

Level 1 orb = level 1 construct = level 1 construct power = power of immortal freed for a while with orb.

I said that when I gather sufficiant human souls , I will allow myself to bring the Orb to Level 2 wich is

Level 2 orb = level 2 construct = level 2 construct power = power of immortal freed for a while with orb.

4) this isn't outrmar an Village is nothing. It was even some old village reservat where they put old descendants of the Inca's. This is around 18yh centuary humans are still fing Racists

5)Yes , I should probaply Slow down , Probaply Angry Humanss attacking. Yeah Peru's army coming to f me.

Phoden, having more posts than anybody else doesn't mean anything. It just means you decide to contribute more. Look at it the same way you would look at Creature building: You don't measure time passing by your posts, you measure it by others.

If I was to use your logic, then I would have to sacrifice quality for a fuck-ton of quantity. So maybe if you just thought a little more about your next post, and use the time of 3 to create one badass-epic of adventure, romance and swag, you might see your quality improve.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 9:28 am

Your saying just cuz I posted more doesn't mean I am more advanced.

You advance indeed by other peoples post.

SO I post constant when I'm ready just perfect complete.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

phoden, you're going to make this no fun because you aren't listening to people, and you're trying to be the best instead of trying to tell a story.

Also, the orb is much more powerful than a level one construct because it isn't limited by the strengths and weaknesses it has- if the current construct isn't suited to the task, you'll just bring out another. It'd be like if I made a construct that could fly, swim, breath underwater, breath above water, dig through the ground at high speed, run, shoot enemies at long range, fight at close range, direct troops, mindlessly battle, and any other little thing I think up. That's clearly beyond a level one construct, especially because, if you want to, you can just add more immortals whenever.

Bottom line- you're advancing too fast and ruining the story.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

This is just the beginning of everyone's downfall. *insane laughter*
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:
phoden, you're going to make this no fun because you aren't listening to people, and you're trying to be the best instead of trying to tell a story.

Also, the orb is much more powerful than a level one construct because it isn't limited by the strengths and weaknesses it has- if the current construct isn't suited to the task, you'll just bring out another. It'd be like if I made a construct that could fly, swim, breath underwater, breath above water, dig through the ground at high speed, run, shoot enemies at long range, fight at close range, direct troops, mindlessly battle, and any other little thing I think up. That's clearly beyond a level one construct, especially because, if you want to, you can just add more immortals whenever.

Bottom line- you're advancing too fast and ruining the story.

I wonder how I came of the idea of my immortals.

Oh right , I went to wikipedia and other sites about the nazca lines an sought all the figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines

I could also jus tcreate an cosntruct who uses magic to do all those things.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 4:08 pm

Reidan was also brutally killed when his owner left without a word, though that wasn't much of an accident.

@ Aw, never doubt what you are capable of. I urge you to persist but will not insist you stay unwillingly -not that I could stop you if I wanted to-.

@Everyone, I think your suggestions and so on with Phoden are reasonable. I'm really rather glad that the entire playerbase gets together on an issue, instead of the OP dictating what must happen in every circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 5:45 pm

I'm assuming that despite saying AW, you meant me. :P

I don't doubt what I'm capable of, I just get the feeling it'll probably be better off if I scram. Besides, better sooner than later, eh?

I'll still keep an eye on this though.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 1:09 am

Oh damn, I just realised Element's keeper and mine assimilate people's memories. I wanted to be the individual...

To be fair, thoough, Sanguine would more assimilate their MIND. Not only does he get their memories, but he gets their thinking power as well.

I think it may soon be time for me to write the character sheet.

On another note, I was thinking of making Sanguine a bit of a businessman. You know, take the farm that he is parked in and maybe import some alpacas and make a fortune off their wool. Because if you've felt Alpaca wool, you'd understand...

Damn, wish I could own an Alpaca.
Back to top Go down
Lady Amaranth
Refugee
Lady Amaranth

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Ahh, how I love the begining of these. So much to write about that I keep having to force myself to chop a post before it gets too long. It's a lot harder to make nice posts towards the end unless you're battling. At least for me.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

Quote :

That sounds really cool, but it also sounds like godmodding. Whereas nobody else has more than a meager cave or dungeon heart, you just had ten linewalkrs draw pretty pictures in the sand and create a huge temple. You can't just do that in two or three posts, Phoden.

Quote :

You can only have one out at a time, but so what? If one dies, you can summon another. The system is overpowered and breaks the rules for only having one construct per creature.

Quote :

Actually, you're the one who is being illogical. As others have already stated, you progress when OTHER people post. The amount of posts YOU made is irrelevant. And besides, Cavalier's posts have been much longer and more descriptive than yours.

Quote :

I don't care about you taking a tiny village. I care about you having a construct, powerful Keeper, dozens of creatures, and progress on a level 2 Keeper while the rest of us don't even have proper dungeons yet.

Quote :
I wonder how I came of the idea of my immortals.

Oh right , I went to wikipedia and other sites about the nazca lines an sought all the figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines

I could also jus tcreate an cosntruct who uses magic to do all those things.

Claiming that since your Keeper can gain power from the Nazca lines, he can snap his fingers and make a temple pop up out of the Earth is like me claiming that since my Keeper does Black Magick and Voodoo stuff, he should be able to make a voodoo doll of your Keeper and rip its head off, instantly killing you.

Phoden, I'm not saying all this just for the sake of being argumentative, and I'm not trying to make you angry. I'm just stating that I think you're progressing too quickly, and giving you specific examples of what you've done wrong, in my opinion.

Quote :
Oh damn, I just realised Element's keeper and mine assimilate people's memories. I wanted to be the individual...

To be fair, thoough, Sanguine would more assimilate their MIND. Not only does he get their memories, but he gets their thinking power as well.

I think it may soon be time for me to write the character sheet.

On another note, I was thinking of making Sanguine a bit of a businessman. You know, take the farm that he is parked in and maybe import some alpacas and make a fortune off their wool. Because if you've felt Alpaca wool, you'd understand...

Damn, wish I could own an Alpaca.

Jin'zul uses soul magic to devour others' souls to get more powerful, possess other people, enslave the weak-minded, and the like; however, that only falls under a much wider specialty of his, which is Black Magick and Voodoo stuff. Eventually, he'll also be able to use smoke magic to kill anything that breathes, blood magic to heal himself and others while crippling enemies, and shadow magic to become invisible, summon monsters, and all kinds of other stuff. There's also the possibility of combining several of those four aspects together to do all sorts of unholy things...

Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 12:05 am

The term devour makes it a lot clearer. I kind of also had the idea of getting more powerful when I thought of that...

Promise me you'll make a Voodoo doll of somebody, just for the lolz.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 12:07 am

Or mine is focused on the earth and animals, I should be able to immediately know where you are and be able to come kill you because I'm gaining power from the earth! Hell, technically I've already got a massive number of worshipers, they just don't know it yet. That should give me a hell of a power boost!

It's about restraint. Knowing what you could do, and not just doing that, instead knowing what you should do, based on what is reasonable.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 6:01 am

cursiveWrit wrote:
It's about restraint. Knowing what you could do, and not just doing that, instead knowing what you should do, based on what is reasonable.
This. This is a perfect summary on how to deal with being too powerful.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:58 am

LegionOfShadows wrote:
The term devour makes it a lot clearer. I kind of also had the idea of getting more powerful when I thought of that...

Promise me you'll make a Voodoo doll of somebody, just for the lolz.

As hilarious as it would be to turn a barbie into a Voodoo doll of Justin Bieber and rip its head off, doing so would be oddly out of place in the 1800s. I suppose Jn'zul could troll his imps at some point by flicking their voodoo dolls, lol.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 1:53 pm

Ji wrote:
I'm assuming that despite saying AW, you meant me. :P

I don't doubt what I'm capable of, I just get the feeling it'll probably be better off if I scram. Besides, better sooner than later, eh?

I'll still keep an eye on this though.

Yikes, my sincerest apologies. I can't imagine that screwing your name up makes you feel particularly welcome here. But, as for sooner rather than later? I don't think so. If you decide you want to leave later, at least we know you've given it a decent try and you've made a little bit of a legacy we could perhaps work with later. If you skedaddle sooner, you leave nothing behind but resentment.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

Considering we've been here 5ever and you just arrived? I'd say it reminds him you're new.

And Ji, give it a chance. These RPs have a habit of flowing right when you're thinking about making a post. It only took me like five seconds to come up with my most recent post, and that's about the rate I've had for all of these I've been in.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

I don't resent you, so unless you resent me...

Eh, just consider me on hold then. I legitimately have nothing to post.

I don't mind you mixing us up, it's never happened before, but I can understand. We do both use two letters rather than a full name.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013, 4:54 am

Who wants to have Torrens, my Rogue Construct? I need to start looking for places to send him, because he's currently a long way from anyone else. Either somewhere in Africa (which I'm pretty sure nobody else is) or somewhere where they buy African slaves.

Keep in mind that, once he is well-fed with fire, he will burn down everything by his touch and will melt almost anything if he so much as stays still too long. So if you want to live in an area with lots of vegetation or travel by boat a lot Torrens won't be the construct for you.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

Oh my god

best idea

construct that is essentially an enchanted sword, that takes over the mind of whatever holds him, and slowly makes ever better improvements to the body of his host. Loses control of host when he leaves 5~ feet of them, but they become addicted to his pressence.

If I make him he will totes land in a giant rock in the middle of London.

BECAUSE FUCKING KING ARTHUR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next