WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)

Go down 
+7
DB
Snowy
Balu
Shade
Mr Allen J
Agent 9
The Illusive Badger
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Lupus
User
Lupus

Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

I might be joining this also. Just one quick question, so I don't spend a lot of time on a character and have it denied.

Would a character whose 'power' is a parasite that can control her by inflicting pain, make her resistant to puncture wounds and disease, and can take complete control of her and become a claw-handed monster be alright? (will be explained fully in the character sheet) Her weaknesses would be fire, ice, and electricity, as well as being vulnerable when the parasite is unhappy and inflicts pain on her. I won't god and am open to any suggestions you guys might have.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 7:21 pm

I think you need to make the pain more then "ow."

It needs to be "OH GAWD THE PAIN THE UNBEARABLE PAIN".

In short, I'll have to see the full sheet in order to pass total judgement.
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 7:27 pm

Yeah, I actually got the idea from a book that had the same basic idea of a parasite controlling its host through pain. In the book, it was like a dehabilitating, clutch onto a wall or table and cry kind of pain.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 7:29 pm

Sounds interesting already, wolf.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Thanks, I wanted a different kind of power and wanted to try a different sort of character personality. I'm already done with the appearance part, just wanted to check if the power was okay before I got too far into it.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jun 2012, 10:32 pm

Thinking a character that had psychic powers, but couldn't control them. Like when he got furious, things around him broke, or when he was happy things around him healed or became fixed or something like that. Thus, a lot of drugs to try and keep himself in check.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

I think we should flesh out what we have and are getting from new users before we make new chars.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

The screams...they are in my head...

Greetings mortal fleshlings, I have been REBORN!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

The Illusive Badger wrote:
I think we should flesh out what we have and are getting from new users before we make new chars.

That was more of a throwing out for criticism than serious suggestion.

....damn, that was totally a serious suggestion
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

The Illusive Badger wrote:

Hm, then I'll keep Nathan's sheet stored for later
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

I wanna rejoin but I'm too lazy to make a new sheet...
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

Buddy! :3
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:33 pm

BUDDEH
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

Yuh, I can't ever connect to the Sporum again...my thingy broke...
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 8:50 pm

noes

Well, we gots you here, and that's what counts. :3
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

Yep, can someone get John for me?
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm

Ok, here is the parasite girl's sheet. Let me know if there's anything that needs to be edited.

Quote :
Name: Skyler Johnson

Sex: Female

Appearance: Skyler’s about 5’5’’ and 110 pounds. She has a lithe, athletic kind of build, like a sprinter. Her hair is about shoulder-length and jet black in color, but she almost always has it tied back in a loose ponytail. Her eyes are black, like completely black. There is no white around an iris or anything like that; her eyes are completely and utterly dark. Occasionally glimmers of red will slither across them. This is all thanks to her ‘dark passenger.’ Her skin is sort of tan; she stays inside a lot reading or messing around on the computer, but when the weather’s nice she’ll go for walks around town or in the woods.
She usually wears well-worn jeans that are fraying in the bottom edge and knees, along with blue and white Adidas. For a shirt, either a simple black sweatshirt with twisting gray and red designs going down the sleeves or any old t-shirt she has laying around.
Oh, back to how her little friend changes how she looks more than just with her eyes (which will also be dealt with in the ‘power’ section). She has a dark crimson line running down each arm and leg, ending in a small circle on each palm/heel. She also has two lines that go up her neck and end at the outside point of each eye. These are the power lines of her passenger, which essentially means that they are where its goo spills out when it takes complete control of her.

Power: Skyler has a parasite living inside of her, to be blunt. She calls it “Rex,” because things aren’t as scary once you name them, right? It’s been inside her since birth, but didn’t truly ‘show itself’ until she was six. It can essentially control what she does by sending her body into spasms of pain when she tries to do something that it doesn’t like or believes could endanger its host’s life. The pain isn’t like the “oh, ow, I poked my finger with a pin” kind of pain, it is like a curl up into a fetal position and sob kind of pain. The parasite does have some positives, such as allowing her to see peoples’ vulnerable points as glowing spots. It also protects her from puncture marks by briefly deploying its goo over the area being attacked. However, this isn’t completely fool-proof or invulnerable as the parasite can’t stop bullets and might be too slow to stop a blade on occasion.
Then there are those times when Rex decides to take complete control of her. Black sludge-like stuff will bleed out of the ‘power lines’ and encase her completely. In this form her arms have been encased and from the elbow down are large blades. Her feet, even if she’s wearing shoes (they’d get covered too), become three-toed claws. Spines sprout along her back, shoulder, and back of her ankles. The spikes on her back end in four elongated dagger-like spikes on her tail tip. Her face is slightly reptilian in appearance, with a long snout and dark fangs. The power lines are still visible, only they now glow bright red on her obsidian armor. Now there is a downside to this ‘super form,’ which is explained below.

Weakness: Her parasite hates anything too hot or too cold; which basically means she hates fire and ice. Electricity can also briefly stun the parasite if it is in its full control form. Also there’s the fact that if Skyler ever tries to do anything the parasite doesn’t like, she becomes very vulnerable when it puts her through copious amounts of pain courtesy of the control it has over her nerves. I mean, anyone is vulnerable if their eyes are squeezed shut and they’re curled in on themselves.
When it’s making small armor spots to protect her, its amount of control is proportional to the amount of goo covering her at the time. Now when the parasite is in complete control, it is in complete control. Sounds kind of obvious, I know, but there is no Skyler in there at that time, the thing controlling her is only interested in self-preservation and won’t hesitate to turn on fellow powered teens if it would mean its host’s survival was even tiny bit more likely. Also, if the parasite is forced back by utilizing its weaknesses, Skyler will be either half-conscious or completely out when the parasite sinks back into hiding.

Personality: Well, as you can imagine, having something living inside of you that could fill you with white-hot agony any second wouldn’t exactly make you the happiest or most outgoing person ever. Skyler has become cautious in everything she does, years of constant ‘training’ from her little passenger have seen to that. She always thinks carefully before doing anything and doesn’t take unnecessary risks. She is pretty self-conscious about her appearance, particularly her eyes as she could just pass of the blood-red lines as tattoos or something. Given that she’s already self-conscious about them, having someone point them out will either embarrass her or make her very mad. Because of some bad reactions she’s gotten in the past, she mostly keeps to herself. If someone were to look past her strange appearance and unnerving power, she would be extremely grateful for that and would be very loyal to the person in question.

Other: Her dad is a doctor, her mom is a stay-at-home mom, and she has a little 8 year old sister named Willow. Her sister hasn’t exhibited any powers yet, but Skyler knows that her parents are silently hoping that she doesn’t end up a parasite’s host like she did.
Oh, they also attempted to remove Rex from her body once. Let’s just say it didn’t work. At all. Nearly killed her in fact, Rex was ingrained in nearly every cell in her body by that point (she was only six). Rex has actually saved her life once or twice; she was in a nasty car accident when she was 10 years old, but the parasite inside her shielded her from most of the metal and debris. So, given the fact that it can’t be removed and it has saved her before, her parents have decided to learn to live with the monster taking up residence inside their daughter.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 10:42 am

Thats...

Actually pretty good.

I think just to encourage a bit of interaction, let's say that Skyler's dad is also Jubilee's doctor. Let's say that he's one of only a few specialized doctors for powered individuals.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm

Please? I can't even view the Sporum anymore...

Can some one please help me get John's sheet?
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

Okay, that's fine with me. So is she accepted?

Oh, here's John's sheet, buddy.

Quote :
Name: John Reynolds

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, has a partial goatee combo. His hair is simple, and well kept for being electrically charged. He's about six foot tall, and completely devoid of any signs of acne. He has a very serious face, and he usually wears a black shirt and blue jeans. Black shoes with silver details, and a silver necklace that is an oval enveloping the word SERAPH. He has a little utility belt containing the batteries he usually uses to feed his powers. Oh yes, also, he wears glasses...no, not the big nerdy ones, regular glasses. He even has transition lenses, so it looks like he has shades on when he's on the street during the day.

Power: Electric control! John can absorb electricity simply by touch, and redirect it by thought. If a friend is dying, all he needs to do is drain some batteries, and put his hands to their chest. INSTA DEFIB!(Honestly, this doesn't always work.) Or, if you need to charge something, he's got ya covered. Just...when it comes to lightning, he can't take much of it. He isn't an electrical refiner, he's more of a...conduit.

Personality: Calm, he can keep to himself, but he like to try and be funny sometimes...y'know, to show that he's human and all. He's usually always bored, but, what can you say? He's practically a battery for god's sake.
Other: He enjoys sci-fi, and usually goes around with two metal batons on his belt. Call him a nerd if you want, he won't care, he loves Starwars, Transformers, and just about anything else, as long as it's not cheap. Heck, every time he signs up for something on the internet, his username is Seraph.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

I believe she is, yus.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

Ok, intro post just went up.

No problem at all, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, FRIEND!

...Hey, Buddy. X3
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

I'll get a sheet in later. Not now. But I will have a sheet eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)   Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Crack in the Sidewalk: The RPP Version of the Sporum's Break (Planning, in a way)
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next