WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)

Go down 
+11
Patches
GhostofTerra
ron
Diamondback
Rachel
Szemetlada
MoonlightDreams
Sadie
Master of ImpZ
Shade
Surprise
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) Empty
PostSubject: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

I've seen a lot of Rps recently that want to do one thing in particular, but for some reason stumble over their own feet. If I want to do a heroes/ villains RP, I don't want an evil government messing with my morality. If I want a chaos based RP where the characters actions alone determine the plot, I don't want there to be anything even PRETENDING to be a plot. So, here's the idea. We start off in present day America. We keep to a small area, preferably somewhere in New York/ New Jersey, because they offer a wide variety of environments for us to mess with/ destroy. Then we have some form of mutation, which has to be readily visible, for each of our characters. The only plot element that isn't us is racism, to the millionth power. And even that is effected by our actions- if I get together a group of angry/ nasty characters and start a fight in the middle of a town, fear compounds it and causes the military to intervene. If, instead, I stop a bridge from falling and stop a school shooting, then people hail me as a hero and general views of the mutants improve. Basically, we're gonna be doing a less subtle version of the X-men, but starting with the first generation of mutants and watching the formation of different groups.

So, thoughts? suggestions? bitch slaps? let me know what you think!

So, we're starting off with a group of mutants. Choose an origin somehow linked to your powers or personality(be it thematically, symbolically, or tangentially linked) and run with it. You can link your origin to someone else's, but only with permission from them.

Powers will be limited by three aspects- 1: power. I'm not going to be allowing anything comparable to Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder woman, etc. 2: feasibility. It's a lot harder to do a lot of powers than you would think. Time travel is, obviously, right out, as is almost any other time based ability. 3: restricting others. I will not allow any ability that restricts the actions of others in any way more direct than "My arm is broken, I can't punch you". so no mind control, no ultra-charisma, no precognition.

I reserve the right to deny or put limits on abilities for other reasons. If you choose super speed I will specify that you have to choose between either enhanced perception of the passage of time(allowing the character to react to things at the speed he moves but also causing basically everything to seem to take far longer to him, making speech and interaction difficult for him) or normal perception(meaning he can't react part way through an action, and is at constant risk of injuring himself by hitting something while running at his incredibly speeds).

If your character's power manages to slip through without limits placed on it officially, and you realize it's use would put it far above everyone else's without a limit, you are expected, as competent RPers, to recognize this and impose limits yourself to avoid becoming "that douche with the over powered character". If one of these does show up, I reserve the right to nuke them from space.(It's the only way to be sure, after all.)

Character sheet!
Name:
Appearance(remember to include the physical aspect of your mutation here):
Personality:
Skills(as applicable to the RP. I don't need to know if you're a chef.):
Power:
Limits(Anything you or I add to make an otherwise ridiculous power workable):
Background(Any details you would consider relevant):
Sample Paragraph(A quick action scene to show your ability in action would be ideal):

So! Make your characters! Be ready for limits and rejections ahoy! I'll assign one or two of you to be allowed to accept sheets in my absences.

Last edited by Cursive Writ on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

If it has superheroes, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

I like.

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

Superheroes, I can't say I'm a big follower of the definition. Still, this sounds quite good.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 9:45 pm

I think I'll join in.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

I might be up for it, yes.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 12:02 am

Sounds beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 12:17 am

when I say superheroes here, to be clear, I'm talking X-men, not superman or Judge Dread. No moral absolutes, but no "100% corrupt" or Dystopeon government.

I'll make a character sheet and other stuff tomorrow. I'm gonna put the limit on characters at 3, but meeting that limit is a good thing- this is gonna do so much better with a ton of people. And when making characters? planning plots for them to follow is a good thing, so long as you can roll with variation due to other players and their plots!
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

Btdubs, calling the ability to create Local Temporal Dilations.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

This could prove to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

Interesting...I'll be spying on developement here and there.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

Considering corvid based powers, perhaps something along the lines of Alex from Another Crack In The Sidewalk, and I'll have to think of something fun for the third.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

"development" consisting of me editing the main post to have everything I need to run this RP, then asking for name suggestions?(BTW, anyone with one, now would be a good time)

Flea, unless your temporal powers consist of the slowing or speeding of your own personal passage through time, and even then, maybe not, no. No temporal powers. The only time I like "Time" related powers is in comics and movies because things are planned out in advance- You have no such liberty, here. So sorry, but Temporal is one section of powers I'm going to ask people to avoid.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna go with. I might resurrect Aaron from AA... He was fun because his plot consisted of "nothing". he basically got pulled around by other people's plots, and didn't have the ties to give himself one. right up until he became a massive rampaging beast... Hee. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 8:59 pm

Character sheet up, feel free to start posting them. Once a few are in, I'll start up an IC. Again, though, I need names. Names for RPs.

I'm going to go with Legs and Shade as my nominated... well. okay. they're going to be the mods for this RP, something I haven't seen much on here, but that I'm doing because there's a lot of interest and I'm currently swamped with school work but don't feel like delaying the start of this and want there to be some moderating force at all times. So have at it, guys!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

Alright bitches listen up. This is a muthafucking crackdown. Bitches under martial law now, Shade-and-Legs style. Any questions?

....I'm easily corrupted by power.

Character sheet!
Name: Corvidae. Goes by Corvid, because Corvidae sounds too flowy and pretty for a manly man.

Appearance:

When not in bird form, Corvid is roughly 6 feet tall, with a good physique from a while of a strict, self-imposed physical regime. He has hair the shade of the darkest crow, which looks so creepily, unnaturally black that doesn't seem like it should be a normal color of human hair, but at the same time it doesn't look dyed or chemically altered. This is probably added to by his near albino skin-Corvid is very pale.

He moves quickly, as if he's gliding. His footsteps seem to be less out of a means of getting somewhere and more of a necessity-he's only putting his feet on the ground because gravity's making him. He tends to wear a duster that must be made of some strangely light material, because it flaps around him quite a bit in the wind, looking almost like a cape. On his right shoulder the material is visibly enforced, with a small leather pad sewn in. He wears dark sunglasses that cut down on glare and glint considerably, and his messy hair, coupled with the glasses, poses a few problems for his peripheral vision sometimes.

Contrasting with the duster and glasses, one would think he'd have tough, heavy boots, some blood-stained jeans, to go for the all-out badass look, but he normally wears running shorts and flip flops. A t-shirt underneath the duster, often with some snarky one liner or band logo emblazoned across it. He moves with an aura of apathy-he seems giddy, energetic, as if he's concerned with his own desires and goals and couldn't give a crap about the rest of the world.

He has two tattoes-on the inside of his arm, it reads "I know why the caged bird sings", and running down his spine, a certain Edgar Allen Poe poem.

Personality:

He's...a little on the fucked up side. Corvid is very intelligent, although one wouldn't guess it, because so many of his actions seem to be driven by emotion and impulse rather than logic or reason. In this regard, most people don't realize he's clever, and even the ones that do doubt him: he has poor judgment and decision making skills, but when he's in the mood, he can tackle some of the tougher mental obstacles before him. He is very observant, even when he's doing something silly, and-despite the peripheral problems I mentioned, seems to catch things out of the corner of his eyes well.

Corvid is an animal lover, loving nature and the simple things that make animals and plants tick. He sits and watches ants scurry about and birds nest on power lines and other such things. He doesn't like buildings, they make him feel cooped up. Corvid is calmest when he's in a wide open field or somewhere where he can feel the breeze rush against his face and the sun beat down on him.

Corvid is neither generous or malicious. He's a loner, and a wild card. He works actively for his own interests and if someone or something interferes with that, he tends to get a little cranky. The problem is that Corvid's a bit loopy, and he's not always sure what it is he wants. Sometimes he tags along because birds of a feather flock together, and he's working with the team now for the money and the thrill, waiting for Fate or the Muses or God to reach down and point him in the right direction. In short, he's not a savior or a villain, but looking to cover his own ass. There are a few things and people that he will endure altruism for, but they are few and far between.

He is very attached to his pet bird, Cornix, whom he loves very dearly. He is also a bit unsure of his exact species, and struggles with this at times.

Skills: He is very good with animals, even outside of the Corvidae family. Additionally, he's quite perceptive and good at picking apart riddles and wordplay. He's also quite annoying and has what TvTropes would call Obfuscating Stupidity.

Power:

If you're better versed in Latin than I, you knew this without google translate, but Corvidae is the family of crows and ravens and all those other fun birds. Corvidae is capable of embodying said birds at will, as well as having some more passive powers. By this, I mean he can shift form into a crow or raven or merging of all the birds in that family. This can range from an accurate depiction of their size, being a small regular bird, or his largest form, which is more like a gargoyle-a wingspan of maybe ten feet and gnarled talons thick enough to cause some serious problems for someone on the receiving end. His cry while in said form is painfully sharp and loud.

Additionally, Corvidae can command murders and unkindnesses (the group names of crows and ravens, respectively) telepathically, although he prefers verbally. His presence tends to attract said birds, and a prolonged stay usually results in unnatural numbers of crows swirling overhead, perching on the edges of buildings. Corvidae weighs less, due to lighter bone density-this makes him more vulnerable to broken bones, but he can withstand impact from quite the fall and is quite agile and flexible as a result. If, for whatever reason, turning into a bird would not be feasible, he's quick and deceptively light. If he were wounded, it would not be a problem carrying him even for one person.

Limits: The lighter bone structure. Additionally, between you and me...Corvidae flips a shit when he sees shiny stuff. I apologize if you are bothered by profanity (if the beginning of this post didn't irk you enough), but there's really no other way to say it, this guy flips a SHIT when there's really shiny stuff. I'm talking sequins or disco balls- the glint off a car or something will catch his eye but won't hold too much sway over him.

Background: Spent some time in prison, no one's really sure for what. Some of his offhand comments have suggested that, after a few of the gangs inside attempted to mess with him, he decided he might be better off if he used his powers a bit. After a few incidents, he managed to work onto parole, which worked out better for the inmates.

Sample Paragraph(

"Now what kind of a pussy name is Corvidae? Like a little girl. That's what you are. That's what you're gonna squeal like, Corvidae. A little girl." there were three men, each of considerable strength from a few years "in the joint" with nothing to do but pushups and weights to pass the time. They were honed, and a few experiences in brawling meant they could handle whatever punches or grapples this white-ass fledgling threw at them.

Corvidae was sitting at the edge of the recreational area, looking at a few birds fluttering overhead. He seemed dazed, staring straight into the sun, like Icarus felt as he fell from the skies.

"I'm talking to you." the man kicked him, a sharp blow to the gut that caught Corvidae's attention. His pale blue eyes revealed the slightest bit of anger.

"Don't touch me." Corvidae stared at the man in the pink jumpsuit for a while longer before resuming his stare.

"I can't believe this guy." There were sounds of a scuffle from across the courtyard, and a full riot was breaking loose, with more prisoners joining in the fight, the guards were quickly becoming overwhelmed in the distraction. Calls for help and gunshots were frighteningly clear.

"Well look at that. Looks like they're busy. Probably wouldn't notice if we played a little, Corvida-"

"Don't say my name. You are not worthy of the pleasure."

The man lost his temper, now, and he reeled back to punch Corvidae, who sprung up quickly-faster than anyone should, and swerved to the side, dodging the punch. Even for quick Corvid, there were three of them, and as they moved in Corvid backed into the corner, sparing one last glance up at the sky.

"Cornix! Old friend, you found me. I knew you would." a raven, quite large at that, landed on his right shoulder, pecking affectionately at his hair, cawing softly. The prisoners looked a little startled at this bird landing so obediently on the man's shoulder, but didn't seem too deterred.

One made the fatal mistake.

"I'm gonna rape that bird fore I rape you, Corvidae, how about th-"

It was Corvid's turn to lose his temper. Before the man had finished his sentence, a sharp caw had left the mouth of either Corvid or Cornix-perhaps, both, and the raven had taken off faster than any bird save a peregrine should be able to, slicing through the air as it latched onto the man's face, talons and beak slashing away as the man howled in pain.

Corvidae turned his attention to the two other men, who abandoned their screaming sidekick for Corvid, who closed his eyes, then sighed. His skin was spider-webbed by a series of outline, dark black lines distinct against his marble skin, and the space inbetween was darkening now, he was darker than an African American now, in fact, his skin seemed to protrude, fluff, his face was curving and contorting, his mouth growing snarled and sharpened, and his legs widening at the thigh and thinning at the calves, his feet tearing through the prison shoes as toes fused to make prongred talons.

"Don't threaten Cornix."

With what can most technically be described as a bludgeoning, but most accurately termed a bitchslap, Corvid beat one of the prisoners with his wing, sending him to the ground as he pushed off the ground, knocking the last down in a tackle. One howled as Cornix fluttered up, returning to Corvid's shoulder, the other was simply knocked clean out, his breathing raspy and irregular, and the last man paralyzed not by wounds but fear as a huge, behemoth of a bird looked at him with a razor sharp beak pressed to his throat.

Slowly the bird melted away to Corvid, pale skin and eyes, messy hair. A single feather floated off the massive raven, which Corvid caught.

"Why don't you keep this," Corvid said cheerily, pinning it to the man's shirt, "And next time, you and your little friends won't try to do anything to my pet. Because if you do, I'll show a group of crows is a murder, understand? Remember, they're birds of carrion." he kissed Cornix lightly and awkwardly thrust his shoulder up, Cornix fluttering up, hovering for a moment before flapping off, cawing loudly.

"yes, Yes, I know, I'll be out soon enough." Corvid looked at the perhaps fifteen foot tall fence and sighed. The riot was finished, now, and soon attention would be turned to these wounded men, and examining the camera footage would reveal something most unusual. Solitary would be most unpleasant...how would Cornix fare without him?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 10:51 pm

I like explosives!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 11:59 pm

Shade, Corvid is accepted.

I may have failed to make this clear, but there is not yet a "team" of these people assembled. That's one of the things we can do, if we want to- assemble a team, or two, or three.

also, I just had an awesome idea for a character, who will likely spend a not insignificant amount of time speaking with Corvid. He's going to be a philosopher, an idealist, and a bad poet(if you get this I love you), and he's going to be pretty cool. :D:D:D:D

Legs, if you make a character who has regeneration and uses explosives I WILL hack your computer to find out when you stole Pandora's character sheet from me.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:03 am

Oh, my guy probably won't use explosives, seeing as I already have one Australian explosives-lover. I was merely commenting on the fact that I do quite enjoy explosives and explosions and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:16 am

ArchDemon wrote:
Oh, my guy probably won't use explosives, seeing as I already have one Australian explosives-lover. I was merely commenting on the fact that I do quite enjoy explosives and explosions and whatnot.

Okay, I think something has ruptured inside of me from laughing so hard at this.

And nothing's coming to mind, but I'll try and think of it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:32 am

ahem. "OH GOD MY SPLEEN!"

I'm thinking my character will use a quill as a weapon... shut up, it makes sense with his power. Probably.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:36 am

I could go with my Code Vision dude from Darksol Serum, he had a pretty unique power. I am just not sure how well that would work in this case, you know, someone shooting fire at you, hard to defend with that power.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

Master of ImpZ wrote:
I could go with my Code Vision dude from Darksol Serum, he had a pretty unique power. I am just not sure how well that would work in this case, you know, someone shooting fire at you, hard to defend with that power.

Yesh, I thought that power was cool. One of the better powers from Darksol serum, although Colossus' My-Character-Is-Jesus was also innovative.

If you stretched it a bit, maybe he could see emotions or something similar. Besides, Matrix-vision is worth any tradeoff IMO.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 2:56 am

xD

Well thanks for liking that ability so much.

Hmm...

Because as is any offensive ability will pretty much kill him if that is what they are going for, I know I need something more to his power. Like maybe emotion sensing, but that is still not really offensive. Not that I need something offensive or really strong or anything. I mean then my character could be one of those guys that people may want to try and add to a group. Like when a hero/villain group get a mad scientist type. He may not even HAVE powers, but he is good enough at what he does, that he fills a niche. Maybe his power is more about, getting with someone else to help him.

Like, in Darksol he could find weak points in the coding, and those would be places people could be hit to harm them more, or weak points in structural integrity, etc.

On his own, could not do a ton of damage. In with someone with a more offensive power, you now have enhanced vision of sorts, now you know where to aim with those powers....
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 3:00 am

Humm, I should get round to sheeting this shouldn't I?

Uh, I mean... making a sheet for this...

How about I just shut up...
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 3:31 am

Hmmm...

I'm tempted to do the lady with the quills from one of the Darksol games, or the energy absorption/redirection guy.

Iggy, whose form and mental stability were entirely dependent on being looked at, I thought was a cool idea, but it was nigh-impossible to work in practice. Maybe if I tweaked that to be less erratic...

Running Rodney in two games at once would just be too much, or I might be tempted to do that.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: