WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)

Go down 
+11
Patches
GhostofTerra
ron
Diamondback
Rachel
Szemetlada
MoonlightDreams
Sadie
Master of ImpZ
Shade
Surprise
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

not relevent. you don't need to say what they qualify as, you have to play it. 'Course, if I see you going super-good and super-evil, I'll give you a literary bitch slap.

I'll be naming and posting this later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 12:21 am

No no no, you see, it seems like he's entirely morally perfect, but he sometimes thinks about doing bad things, he just never acts on it. He's tooootally flawed. Definitely not a Gary Sue.

Like one time, he almost jaywalked. Yeah, serious shit's going down with my characters.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 12:44 am

And then he got hit by a truck.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

IC up! it's called Rise of Legends, after enough people have posted I'll change the name of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 1:37 am

Name: Aurora Polak.

Appearance: Her pure white hair results from the energy flowing right through her body, essentially bleaching almost all of the pigments in her head and skin. A constant soft glow covers the exposed areas of her body, the result of air particles sparking in contact with her electrical field.

Personality: For the most part she remains reserved, having earned a reputation as a living buzzer due to the small shock she delivers on contact with another person. To combat this, she has developed a habit of covering up her body excessively, even in summer, her preferred outfit being tight fitting leather with a veil to disguise her face. However, she has a strong fear of large bodies of water, including fountains and other features, fearing that simple immersion could cause significant harm to many others.

Skills: Evasion. Her extensive knowledge of varying clothing items has given her insight in how to disguise her identity at will. Coupled with her repelling touch, she has little trouble getting away from stalkers obsessed with her very pale appearance.

Power: Starting from her birth, she has displayed a unique influence on electricity, radiating from her body constantly in a small aura, which led to her name. The targets she can use her power on include biological subjects (headaches, nausea, temporary memory loss etc), and physical instruments (keypads, computers, you get the picture).

Limits: The level of her control depends on the amount of physical contact, using mental influence for example is nowhere near as effective as physical contact. The kickback to herself ranges from drowsiness to a comatose like state in extreme cases, in order to recover the energy expended.

Background: (I think I covered all the important details in the other sections).

Sample Paragraph: The door flew inward as the lock showered out sparks. A tall figure dressed from head to toe in black leather flew through, hastily putting her glove back on. Right behind were two men in suits, typical hit men if ever. But there was no doubt in her mind she had to get to safety, anywhere that didn't leave her exposed to the gunfire which she was powerless against.

"'Scuse me ma'am..." Her heart froze as she felt the barrel of a gun pressed into her stomach. Raising her hands slowly, eyes peering through the small slit at the man, she counted the seconds of life she had left. He reached to remove her veil, gun still pressed deep. Taking the opportunity at the precise moment he unclasped the veil, she lunged her head forward and kissed him on the cheek, delivering a decent shock. Grabbing his gun carefully, she continued in her flight.

Racing out onto the street she took great care to avoid stepping on the tram lines. Even with her thick rubber insulated boots, she wasn't taking the risk of arcing at a time like this. Zapping the car alarm of a Subaru she happened to nudge, she ducked in through a lighting store and out the back. She had lost them for now. Pulling out a non-metallic mirror, she took the moment to examine the scars on her face caused by exploding lightbulbs. No problem once she redid her veil. While she did stand out somewhat in her leather pants uncharacteristic of actual Muslim women, it was preferable to being caught out in bright colourful drapes which would greatly impede her escape.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 6:43 pm

Might make another character and scratch Corvid.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 6:59 pm

I still need to finish my character
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

If anyone wants to drive by (er, not like that)/walk by Alex, feel free to interact with our resident blind kid.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 7:27 pm

I'm waiting on approval from Joural myself.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

Shade wrote:
If anyone wants to drive by (er, not like that)/walk by Alex, feel free to interact with our resident blind kid.

I think yer on the wrong thread, lul.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

don't have time to approve/ disapprove, shade, get on the ball, man!
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Joural, post again, I just noticed your counter. :P
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 4:39 am

Bah, save a spot for me I guess. I still gotta get around to writing it.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

Lord_Lonestar wrote:
Shade wrote:

I think yer on the wrong thread, lul.

.....touche.

And is it okay to start posting IC? I might wait and have Sylvia be in car form nearby someone and draw attention to her somehow, maybe have her alarm go off or something.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 7:37 pm

*hint hint*
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

Accepted, Jokie. Shade, the fact I posted the IC(Rise of Legends) says you can post IC.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 9:44 pm

Alrighty, time to get some sparks flying.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Just wanted to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

I know Jokie already has a power relating to electricity, and super speed is more or less a "no", but something just hit me and it kind of hurt.

Now I'm not sure if I am going to use this or not, but what I'm thinking of is along the lines of a human generator. He stores electricity and everything is more or less operating at 100%. His brain has more electricity than usual as well, which allows him to think faster, be more intelligent, run around at faster speeds and for a longer duration, things like that. He's mentally more active and aware. However, sometimes his body can't keep up so whenever he's talking he can trip over his tongue and shit like that. He has a hard time staying in one spot, allergic to rubber, and if you take some of the electricity out of him, he isn't used to the lack of activity and becomes drowsy and gets knocked out. I think you know where I'm going with this.

Like I said, probably a no, I probably won't use it, but it was just a thought and I was wondering if it would work.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezekiel_Stane

yes, ezekiel probably would work, within reason.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

Hmmmm... I have a name idea. Maybe something like "Third Law?"
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 10:48 pm

... do you have a character to go with that?

and I'm not asking for masked vigilantes, if they want to become such that's what they'll be doing in the IC thread. you're starting out as joe shmuck on the street.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

Sorry, had a concept but forgot it. I will try to recall it.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Aha, I think I may have finally gotten an idea for a character! Of course, it won't work if anyone here is particularly against vampire-type things... Eheheheheheh.

Or, you know. I could just roll with my second idea. Think "living sun", subtract a lot of fire and heat, and then some fun drawbacks.

Any preferences? I guess I could do both... Also, sorry for my complete lack of activity everywhere, I've been on vacation... And getting ready for vacation... And then I'll be on vacation with my mom in two weeks... Someone shoot me.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

God fucking dammit I was typing my sheet and it force-closed I will edit this later

Character sheet!
Name:Alex Shinoda
Appearance(remember to include the physical aspect of your mutation here): He has currently adopted a hulking form around eight feet tall. He has no clothes, but any trace of his gender is gone. Through his stretched skin you can see the pinkish color of muscle. He is bald. His incisors have been replaced with more canine teeth. He has a hunched posture due to the extra weight and occasionally even knuckle-walks. His face seems apelike.
Personality: He has a major god complex due to his powers. He believes himself to be "Perfection." He is constantly striving to make himself better and stronger.
Skills(as applicable to the RP. I don't need to know if you're a chef.): Hunting, shelter construction
Power: He is an adaptive regenerator, meaning that he can both regenerate and shape his body to his will. Be it aesthetic changes or weaponized bone he can do it.
Limits(Anything you or I add to make an otherwise ridiculous power workable): The changes he makes to his body have drawbacks depending on what it is. Regenerating and large changes require massive amounts of energy. Fire and other lingering effects trump his regeneration due to the constant destruction of cells. He cannot regenerate past two limbs and if his heart or brainstem are destroyed he will die. Also, continued blood loss and lack of oxygen to his brain also kill him. To create new tissue, he must eat that much meat/bone or his body will attack itself.
Background(Any details you would consider relevant): He is a hermit and subsists on livestock and wild animals.
Sample Paragraph(A quick action scene to show your ability in action would be ideal): It was the dead of night. All was quiet on the farmer's field, with the moon and stars providing a little bit of light. As he neared the cow paddock he smelled the manure of the beef cattle and the freshly mown grass. He quietly stepped over the fence, his brutish form less than quiet. A cow woke and roused the others, which started to run. He entered a slow run, as fast as his large amounts of muscles would allow him. He was nearing the herd when a bull charged him and cut his arm. The wound quickly closed and he turned to where the bill was pivoting to charge again. When it was close enough he literally grabbed the bull by the horns and twisted, snapping its neck. He carried it with some difficulty to the fence, which he crossed and then began to walk through the forest. Returning to his cave, he hungrily yore the raw flesh from the bone with his bare hands and ate it.

Last edited by V on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next