WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)

Go down 
+11
Patches
GhostofTerra
ron
Diamondback
Rachel
Szemetlada
MoonlightDreams
Sadie
Master of ImpZ
Shade
Surprise
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

Iggy was the one that had the goldfish, right? I remember him being hilarious, but yeah that might be kinda hard to work.

Imp you could maybe alter his eyesight ability to give him more versatility. Like he could calculate trajectory and see exactly where to aim to shoot a moving target or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm

He was fun to play, but hard to keep track of. Maybe I should go for the toned down, darker version I used in that one dreamscape thing.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 7:05 am

Name: John
Appearance: Hid clothing tends towards scholarly robes, usually white or gray, with a brightly coloured belt, which is most usually red but can be any number of other colours as well. His skin appears, from a distance, to be fair, but as you get closer he looks to be almost black in colouration. An incredibly close inspection would show his skin to be in constant motion and made of thousands of tiny black lines. His eyes lack irises, instead having much larger than usual pupils. He has dark black hair that refuses to be styled, and often seems to be moving in a non-existent breeze. He stands about 5'8".
Personality: a writer and a thinker, he tends toward periods of deep reflection and only speaks when needed. He values the printed word far above the spoken, and always carries a quill with him, for both sentimental and practical reasons.
Skills: A writer and a thinker, he is incredibly skilled at planning and has great foresight. He spends time examining every detail of his situation, then reacts accordingly.
Power: He can influence the world through his writing, creating fire, water, wind or earth, and manipulating all four.
Limits: It takes time for him to write, so that he is forced to stop moving to write-either upon a surface or upon the air- in order to use his power.
Background: His unique appearance and easily spotted powers caused the government to step in during his childhood to try and learn more about him, doing many tests upon him, some of which were cruel. Despite being showed some kindness during this time he was scarred and damaged by the ordeal, and seeks out the more vicious of his torturers to give them painful deaths. He was released within a year.
Sample Paragraph: John approached the wall, quill in hand. The beast was on the other side, he knew it. This one had hidden itself inside a military compound, and would likely be harder to find. frowning, he placed a hand on the wall. Stone. Well, no real problem there. He pulled out his quill and flicked it through the air, leaving behind a solid trail of ink. "Hole". He grasped the word before him with his hands, pulled it apart so that it was longer than he was tall, and threw it at the wall, where with a deep but quiet grinding a hole large enough for him to step through appeared. He slipped through, closing the hole behind him with another word, "Seal", and sneaked through to the officers barracks.
At the barracks John walked down a long hallway, at the end of which lay his quarry. He padded to the far end, and tried the door. Locked. No matter, he thought, and once again drew his quill. "Unlock". He grabbed the word and compressed it, shrinking it down until it was no larger than a key, and pushed it into the lock. With a click, the door swung open.
The monster was asleep, and John needed to see his fear before he could destroy him. So he shook him gently awake.

The officer turned over, slowly opening his eyes. On realizing who, or rather what, was before him he opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a hand closing over his lips. The creature before him spoke. "Well, it is so nice to see you again. Now, now, don't speak, you'll only make this worse." His eyes went wide as he recognized the phrase- he'd said it to test subjects years ago, a way to try and calm them down. but how did this...

John smiled as the fear filled the officer's eyes, and pulled a small knife from his pocket. He reached down and pulled up the officers hand so he could see it, and slowly sliced off the skin of his finger, from his index fingers third knuckle all the way back to the base. No need to go quickly- after all, the night was only just beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 7:07 am

Humm, I'm struggling to come up with an idea that doesn't involve gorgons...
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 7:17 am

control over cheese! wait, no, Gorgonzola! crap!
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 7:20 am

My word...

I think I've become too involved with what Steph is going to do in Catalysts to think about something else. Actually, you know how you didn't want to know the skills about being a chef...
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:21 pm

unless cooking awesome meals gives you super strength, I do not need to know.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

Writing up a sheet for this :3
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 11:27 pm

remember people, up to three characters each. no need to obsess and go "this or this? this or this?" make both, and if you don't like your first one, make two more! yaaaaay!

BTW, I'd appreciate thoughts on John. His power, his personality, etc.

oh, side note- I'm starting this up Saturday. so get cracking.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

Quick Q, would a mutant child go the same school as regular children? And is there a minimum age limit?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

no minimum age limit, and yes... but only assuming they haven't been ostracized by their family and left to fend for themselves on the streets. If you want to do a child I recommend having a relatively easy to hide mutation.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:35 pm

I might join this
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:39 am

FINALLY finished the sample paragraph. =u=

Name: Serina Ivanavna

Appearance(remember to include the physical aspect of your mutation here): Standing at 5’5” and with pale skin, Serina resembles a typical little girl. Her brown eyes accent her straight brown hair and her face appears to be permanently set in an expression of mild surprise. She commonly wears very light clothing, as to be explained later, though wears shirts with modified, extremely long sleeves.

Serina’s mutant status makes itself known in that her fingers are each approximately fourteen inches long, and her nails could potentially grow to incredible lengths if she did not keep them well-trimmed. These fingers she hides in her sleeves.

Personality: Very naive – though not particularly unintelligent, especially not for her age, she is a bit scatterbrained and may have trouble focusing. She sees good in evil in terms of black and white, and is somewhat susceptible to mood shifts in the event of the potential alteration of this worldview. Other than that, she is quite social and a bit of an attention-seeker, always wanting to impress her friends and superiors.

Skills: Serina was always an exceptional student in school, especially in the areas of math and physics, and possesses a natural curiosity about her power and its potential. She is quite clever when it comes to inventive use of her ability, despite her young age.

Power: Reflexive mass alteration with a lower weight asymptote of 2.6 grams and an upper weight asymptote of approximately 41,000 tons. With skillful manipulation of this ability, she is capable of gliding by lowering her mass, and increasing her strength and damage resistance by raising it. Note that her chemical composition remains constant during these changes and all bodily functions, at least those involving solely physiological components, go about normally regardless of mass.

Limits: As her mass is lowered beyond the normal, breathing becomes increasingly difficult due to her lungs’ weakening ability to pump the relatively-denser air molecules. Inversely, as her mass grows beyond the norm, breathing becomes increasingly easier as her lungs pump air much more forcefully (though not to the point where she could imitate an air cannon by blowing, at least not unless she really went all out, and that’s just silly and ineffective anyway. I don’t know why I even mentioned it). Additionally, if she lowers her mass too much, her individual particles will become phantom-like and disperse into the air. This will not allow her to move through objects like a ghost; it’ll just kill her, so no worries there. There is no real hazard for her becoming too massive (Other than suddenly plunging through the floor). Becoming a singularity is out of her limits, so again, no worries. I also feel the need to note that, when she attempts to glide, she cannot change direction and must alter her mass to move up or down – and just as she becomes more damage-resistant and strong when her mass is heightened, she is by no means an invulnerable juggernaut and is much more clumsy, being unable to accurately judge her strength in regards to handling objects, and when her mass is lowered she becomes weaker and more susceptible to damage (which is why she wears the absolute lightest clothing she can find).

Note that she is of a young age and is still learning to control this power. If she is still OP, feel free to raise her minimum mass and lower her maximum mass.

Background: Works constantly to please her parents, and has done so from an early age. Serina’s mom and dad, secretly afraid of her, mask this by appearing strict and strong-willed. There isn’t much else to note, really – despite her mutation, Serina is a typical teenage girl.

Sample Paragraph:

She opened her eyes, as she had done many times before, and still the thrill of near-weightless drifting served to excite her as palpably as it had done in the past. The sensation of floating about on nothing at all but the calm, cool wind was simply indescribable – and to watch the landscapes fly by, the mountains and valleys of clouds and the ocean of land far, far below, was a gift from the heavens. Yes, this was the time when Serina loved her mutation the most, when she needn’t worry about anything else that anyone at all thought, other than herself...

Closing her eyes to focus, she assumed a spread-eagled posture and increased her mass slightly, attempting to stabilize herself as she gently descended. She had drifted about two miles southeast, but she did not care, she always found her way back home.

Of course, Serina did not always encounter street gangs.

Soon after alighting on the pavement of an unfamiliar suburb, and assuming her normal mass, a trio of tough-looking young men, anywhere from fifteen to nineteen years, emerged from a nearby alley, cackling at some joke, and were quick to surround Serina with amused gazes.

“Lookit what we got here, a little birdie flew down – down from the sky!” managed the shortest of the three, clearly the leader, in a drunken drawl. Serina instantly regretted going out tonight in a short-sleeve shirt, as the tough quickly noted the elongated digits of her hands. “Well, well – and a mutant bitch, too!” At this, the three fell once more into raucous guffaws – and Serina made the mistake of attempting escape.

The leader’s hand, quickened by years of cruelty, shot out like lightning to grab Serina’s arm. Instinctive fear prevented the girl from pulverizing the fiends, as was certainly within the grasp of her ability – and while the youth began to drag her off, his friends following with their despicable laughter, Serina worked up the courage to activate her ability once more.

One moment, the leader of the gang had his arm wrapped around that of a small, lost mutant child, and the next he had it pinned beneath an unbelievably weight. Serina had not meant to hurt him, she truly hadn’t, but her limited control of the strange gift – combined with her present fear – yielded an overshoot severe enough to render the leader’s hand to a crushed, bloody pulp beneath her weight as she collapsed to pin it against the pavement. Shrieking, she undid the change and stood, wincing and feeling tears in her eyes at the horrendous screams of the pained youth, waving his limp extremity to and fro as blood spurted from it. His cronies were wise enough to run from the scene, but the leader of the gang himself – be it by a surprising reserve of courage, or simply the effects of the alcohol that slurred his words – felt it necessary to attack this monster, kill it, and right the wrong that had been done.

He lunged at Serina, who was beginning to lose control of her mass entirely, and as the girl lifted a feeble fist to deflect the oncoming blow, the lightness of her arm took her off-guard, and she raised it much faster than she intended to – and before the fist connected with the youth’s jaw, the pavement had begun to crack under Serina’s weight.

The leader’s jaw fractured in four place, and the sheer force of the blow was enough to throw him off of his feet, leaving him to moan in incommunicable pain on the hard pavement – as a young girl ran away with light footsteps in the night.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:39 pm

accepted.

... I don't think any of us know what "sample paragraph" means, XD

I'd like to get 2 more in before I start this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

Heheh, yeah. Hard to pack all the detail you want into just one paragraph though xP

Okay~
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 12:06 am

I honestly don't want that much, just enough to get an idea of your quality as a writer. we're just all perfectionists and go for a full scene.

I think John will try to protect Serina.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 12:23 am

Oooh cool. :3

Thanks for accepting btw.~
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 12:28 am

He's a cool guy, but he was tortured when he was a child, so he would protect children.

... oh god. If circumstances work out right, he could become Professor X... ahhhh no do not want!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

is anyone else planning to post a sheet? or anyone planning to post an additional sheet? I'll start it up now if not, but 3 characters seems a little... sparse.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

I was going to make another character but the Muse wasn't helping any. Only idea was that of a villain in another one of my works, but as villains are so oft to do, she's a bit OP'ed, and trying to tone down her powers and make her still effective would be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

PM me her powers and we can try to work it out to a somewhat limited level. Remember, it's not necessarily a question of making her ability weak, so much as her use of it- maybe make it hard to use, so she can't always depend on it, or give it a negative effect- using it drains her of energy, or else causes various temporary mental problems, or injures her, etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

Okay, so I know that first person Templates are probably really, really annoying, but it helps me get into Sylvia's specific character, so my apologies in advance.

Name: STOP! Do not take your hand off the computer, okay??? Just keep it RIGHT THERE! My name's Sylvia, I've been stuck in this crappy laptop for like, ten years!

Age: I kinda lost track a while ago. I feel like a teenager, but it's kinda hard to tell when you're stuck playing Minesweeper for a decade.

Appearance: You mean like, right now? I look like the computer you're looking at, silly! But before I was in here, and in all the other stuff....oh man I don't even remember it's been so long! I'm pretty sure I was about 5ish feet, brown hair? Or was it blonde? Who cares? Whenever I possess people though, I look however they imagine me. So, like, close your eyes, and what do you think I look like?

Personality: Oh I'm pretty happy and laidback. I hate to cause any trouble but I have a bit of a temper when I get mad. I'm also like reaaaaallllyyyy energetic. Like one time back when I was still in my body, right, my friends saved up like a whole dollar and we got like twenty Cokes and I just drank all of them and I was SOOOOOO hyper you wouldn't even believe it.

Skills: I'm CRAZY GOOD at Minesweeper. It's the only game on this laptop.

Power: Aaaaand back to third person. Sylvia is capable of transferring her consciousness to inanimate or animate objects. When she transfers her consciousness to inanimate objects, said object's quality and capabilities increase greatly. For example, a gun would never jam and weigh less, have less kick, etc. The computer she's currently inhabiting runs very quickly and does not ever succumb to nasty viruses, despite all the promises of V!agra.

When she transfers her consciousness (this can only happen by touch, by the way) to an animate object, the rules are a little different. Much like she can control the object she posseses (she can make a car drive itself), she can control a living thing: only to the extent that it allows her, however. She can override the will of most animals but people are obviously a very different matter. She sits inside their head and has access only to what they allow her. If, theoretically, they gave her the reins, she's capable of micromanaging their metabolic processes. She could redirect blood around sites where people have been wounded to prevent blood loss, control people's dreams, give adrenaline rushes on command, so on and so forth. She can make the human body run more efficiently just as she would make a Plymouth Fury go those extra miles with less gasoline.

Her power's main drawback is that she needs an object to embody her spirit and the fact she's body-hopped around for so long that she's quite lost track of her own original body. And during all of the consciousness-swapping she's found that she's having trouble remembering things. She currently inhabits a car, a vintage Plymouth Fury, and keeps all of the objects she possessed in the trunk, but has found that she can't remember all of them clearly. Things are fuzzy and she doesn't know why, although she doesn't let on as much as she should.

Limits: Without a body of her own, she's stuck with inanimate objects or tagging along with people, which poses the obvious drawbacks.

Background: Inside the Plymouth Fury's trunk are a .45 Colt with a nice chrome finish, a heavily scratched but nonetheless functional Zippo lighter, a cell phone from the early 2000's that more aptly resembles a brick, a single bullet of a rather large caliber, hanging from a necklace with some dog tags, and finally a thermos. Marks on the interior look as if someone set off a bomb inside it-whatever was in it was really, really hot.

Sample Paragraph: (Sylvia hasn't actually done this but just as an example)

The man picked up the .45, aiming it at the intruder. Funny, it felt good in his hand. Natural. The weight was balanced well and as he squeezed the trigger, which pulled back smooth and easy, even without cocking it, the gun let out a noise that seemed half of what it should, the kick barely bringing it up more than an inch or two before settling back down. As he turned the corner, chasing the would-be bandit through his house, his arm touched the barrel and he noted that it wasn't even warm. In fact, it was cold, as if the gunshot hadn't heated it at all.

Raising the pistol at the fleeing bandit, he took aim at the middle of the bandit's back and fired twice, the kick placing one round square in his back and the next between his shoulder blades. The man went down, and it seemed to be genuine stopping power, not the psychological phenomena normally thought of-this man flew forwards, like someone had hit him with a sledgehammer in rapid succession.

The man looked down at the chrome .45. eBay was full of little treasures, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 6:59 pm

I have a idea for a character but is it okay if he's a Villain/Anti-Hero?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

accepted, support characters are generally going to have less restrictions on them because, to be frank, they can't do much on their own.

Go for it. No limits on personality or appearance, within reason(don't go with a mental disorder unless you have a ton of experiance RPing and can do it realistically, for example)

Lonestar, I'm gonna post the RP tomorrow, see if you can get the sheet in by then.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm

Would Corvid be an Anti-Hero? He's more just crazy as fuck than actually aligned with good or evil or his own goals. He's really more attached to his pet bird than any set of values....Chaotic Neutral, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)   Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of Legends OOC(formerly RP title pending)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next