WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

I am not aware of any alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013, 2:45 am

Fun was had on Viccy 2 this evening... Overview of amazing:

Prussian-Austrian war of Brothers (or something. All I know is that Russia and France were fighting them too for some Eastern province which attributes to the insanity):
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903238683491384834/14298CA78D19AD0FA53B33FE69D3D82F023D0F3A/

I was also fighting a few guys to defend the honor and public debt of two of my satellites from Sweden and Belgium. I think Denmark made if five briefly when they moved in to take back some land my allies won from them a while ago. But that was after I decided to let Belgium have its way because they weren't important.

I beat Austria, got white-peace (I think) from Sweden, and then moved to Denmark, which is as follows:

The Germanic Gang-Rape of Denmark begins:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/903238683491702611/73A6171E241FC81F77F687C98590A767312A1FC8/

Current results we want: Iceland and Greenland are independent (myself), Danish East (Or West?) Indies/Danish Guinea (Saxony/Bremen) (In either event if not one, the other was added), Jylland or what's-its-name is ceded to someone. Full results in the following images. Point is: we got it all and reduced Denmark to practically nothing.

And now:

Bremen Africa:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123424501

Saxon West Indies:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123424444

Independent and Sphered Iceland-Greenland:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123424382

Hannover Jylland:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123424574

Jylland is a funny tale too... Just a day or two before I could there one of my satellites who won it in an earlier war surrendered it to the Danes. Hanover claimed it as their own during the war and won it.

And now I am the North German federation gunning for the German Empire, and I own it all.

In brief: I destroyed Denmark.
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Stalker
Refugee
The Midnight Stalker

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:56 pm

I died once, but now i'm back....... as a zombie!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

I usually shoot zombies but I'm out of ammo and eating ice cream.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
The Midnight Stalker
Refugee
The Midnight Stalker

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:09 am

I see. But I took a two month Hiatus cuz of Goverment restrictions!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 9:24 am

Rehabilitation? Yeah, I get it. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Stalker
Refugee
The Midnight Stalker

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 11:12 am

huh? no. I'm just in the middle of nowhere with crappy internet connection that's fitlered by the goverment to exclude all social media, but i can get throught via remote proxy!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

Just letting everyone know I'll be gone for the weekend! Take care, all!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 1:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbLyVpWsVM I thought this was really, really interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 1:26 am

Incredibly interesting.

Now we just need a bit of Viking...

METAL!

Metalwork would be such an awesome hobby.

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 10:26 am

Viking power!

I need to watch the rest of that.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

I'd totally do swordsmithing if I had the resources. There's another presentation out there, that's pretty much a guy going over the production of a later-period medieval sword, where he makes an iron-cored sword and discusses proper sword balance; when he gets out his assembled longsword and demonstrates how a real sword is supposed to move, it's pretty awe-inspiring.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 3:45 am

I found the most interesting part was where he showed how they would liquefy the iron and transform it into steel. The fact that they could do that a thousand years before the industrial revolution is just AWESOME. And it was actually rather simple, which surprised me.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

Full tang swords give me a hard on - they're genuine and they're well made. Now actual hand-made swords just me lose control, because simply the construction of them is becoming lost. It's a dying art and it's such a shame because a lot of well-made pieces are far more beautiful than most of paintings I've seen in the modern art museums nowadays.

It makes me want to be a fifteenth century soldier, just so I get to know how it feels and use it.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

If you thought that production process was interesting, I'll try to find the other video that I really really like, where it's a guy giving a presentation on how he makes medieval iron-cored swords and explains in some detail the concept of pivot points, and he puts together the pieces of a longsword to show how one is supposed to handle. It's freaking amazing.

I agree, Patches, real hand-made swords are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 3:55 pm

I know I've brought up the fact that I used to actually sword fight a while ago. I bought a couple of my own. Most of them are replicas, cheap, or made of hard foam or bamboo, not really a whole lot of full tang. Swinging a full tang one however is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:38 am

PAX
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:39 am

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:45 am

Wow, an RP which actually allows alicorns, instead of pulling the 'hurr durr, alicorn = overpowered mary sue' bullshit. Though it's ruined for me by all those strikes...

If the maker seriously believes that the RPers joining are mature and experienced enough to create any sort of character which is appropriately balanced, then why the infinite list of 'strikes' you can get for minor incursions?

So what if a post is one line long? If it moves the story along effectively, then it is a good post.

This is just from reading the intro post mind you, not sure if I even want to take a look at the actual RP itself.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 7:46 am

I had to give up on it because there was some metagaming bullshit rearing its ugly head, and the now two human characters was just becoming silly.

First one of the characters knows about alicorns as if they're a regular thing. Then he asks for a weapon. Meanwhile my griffon character and his buds are getting ready to fly out to hunt, with the intention of capturing players in the effort of driving a story. And though never announced the human that was in play already was the top of my list if only because he was a human.

So instead of continuing on as the aussie-slanged Kralle, his lieutenant Metzger, the shrooms-addicted Pell, and the retard Dumm and end up getting into an awkward battle with a Mary-Sue human I decided to announce I was leaving the RP and stated my complaints over the surprise counters that'd be running against me.

Call it trying to win too hard. But I actually wanted to give them a story. The past MLP RPs have at some point relied on evil-clones to drive a story. And the clones weren't anyone new.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 8:34 am

Alicorns should be banned, as should humans. Alicorns, the ones we've seen, are more or less gods. Celestia moves the sun, Luna the moon, and Cadence can control love. That's some pretty serious shit right there. Yes, Celestia got defeated by Chrysalis- but Chrysalis is ALSO and alicorn(or equivalent), and she was defeated through the combined efforts of Cadence and Shining, who I would describe as her champion.

Also, who the fuck allows a human character in a MLP RP, especially if it's not to be a villain?
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

Apperantly he was pressured to include humans through "popular demand".

Meanwhile there's only one.

Personally I'd tell anyone who wants to go "human" to take a page from FiMFilosophy and replace humans with monkeys. As was the case in Rainbow Dash presents.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 2:48 am

Hmmdeed.

Well, it's official. The Ewoks exist. Good thing for all those Star Wars fans.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 11:29 am

This isn't related, but I just picked up the first Bioshock and I'm really getting into it. I just entered the fishery area and so far I've saved all the Little Sisters. I've heard rumors of some of the plot twists later on, but this should still be a great game. I'll probably pick up Bioshock Infinite once it goes down in price in,say, fifty years.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

First one was probably the best thus far, I think, boss battle aside. It was definitely up there for having the most intense moment of the series.

Regarding infinite, I'll just copy what I said on FB last night:
"My spoiler-free review of Bioshock Infinite thus far: It's definitely not a horror game like its predecessors. The setting is still beautiful and fantastical, it puts some effort into being thoughtful, but the whole plot style is vastly different. You don't feel as backed up against a wall as you did in the previous games, and things are easier to come by (fruit in particular). However, there are a number of intense "what the heck" moments thus far - not as in, "what were the writers thinking, this is stupid," but "what's going on here I don't even," which then get explained later on. Since I've been also playing that recently, there's a definite HL2ep2 vibe going on underneath it. "

Also, they should have given the handymen different facial textures, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 18 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 42  Next