WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2014, 8:42 pm

Afraid I've never read it! Does it come with such a mythos?
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2014, 11:02 pm

Well, in the story Dæmons are people's souls, but they exist outside the body and take the form of an animal that best represents the person. Like, their personality and junk. So a ... somewhat respectably sized population on the Internet has this thing where we try to find what animal best represents us, or whatever?
So an Osprey is my Dæmon.
Her name is Ἀριάδνη. (Ariadnê)
Hi.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2014, 7:04 pm

Ooooh o: What would MY spirit animal be?
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2014, 8:24 pm

I dunno. Personally, I feel it's one of those things only the person wondering can decide, maybe with input of people who know them really well. It's a really introspective process.
You kinda ask yourself... "Who am I? What makes me... Me?"
Then find an animal that represents that :3

http://daemonpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15219
This is totally a thing that can help.
Look at some of the different animals 'n such?

Aaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd
Here's me
Or well... Ariadnê
So... Me.
Here.
http://daemonpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18432
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2014, 4:48 am

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2014, 8:20 am

In your mind! We have to be as one~
DON'T BE AFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2014, 6:31 pm

Eep. Afraid I dunno where to start XD

Also I might be a bit with that OOC, just got back from Poland and heading out again tomorrow morning, sorryyyy~
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2014, 10:13 pm

... My sweet heart
THIS IS THE WAAAAY TO BE MORE STRONG

(Decided to log in, was not disappointed)
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 09 May 2014, 10:14 pm

You can't be dissappointed by Kill La Kill. Impossible.
Back to top Go down
KING DCT
Refugee
KING DCT

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 12:54 am

HELLO!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://dantheman0801.wordpress.com/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 1:52 am

'Allo King.

Szemetlada, sorry I flaked out on The Act. What excuses I have do not cover failing to give any departure notice. Are you still working on that as a project?

Also, hey, His Dark Materials is pretty cool. Guile hero protagonist, sailors whose spirits are literally aquatic, bike-elephant society, the occasional horrifying twist...
Back to top Go down
KING DCT
Refugee
KING DCT

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 2:08 am

So now that I'm out of school for the summer, i have ample time to do stuff like this. I looked around and the only rp really going on is the Act. Any Rps starting up soon, or in the works that need help?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 12:56 pm

Hey King! :D I think Act had its run, but Alietum and I are gonna be working on something pretty soon, once I have the derp to compile my thoughts and post it. Feel free to make stuff if you have any ideas!

Dude no worries Jazz, I was kinda slowing on that, too. xP What's Dark Materials? I couldn't find it o:
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 1:05 pm

Book trilogy series. A movie was made of the first one, garnering some attention but not any sequels.

This summer, I'm planning to focus on coding projects. But if anyone wants to play Microscope or Diaspora or some sort of custom mission-based RPG, I'd be interested in finally giving GMing a stab.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 4:33 pm

Hey, I saw that movie, Golden Compass! Had no idea they were books and don't remember much from it... Putting it on my reading list :D

Wait what are Microscope and Diaspora? o:
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 11:10 pm

Microscope is a system for collaborative worldgen. Instead of moving linearly through history, the idea of it is to drill down from Periods to Events to Scenes that all fall under some Lens and possibly contribute to a Legacy.

Egregious overloading of nouns into Proper Terms aside, it seems like a decent way to bolt together an original setting that everyone has some attachment to.

Diaspora is a hard sci-fi adaptation of FATE, an RPG system wherein descriptors are used as the stats of most everything. I only know of its existence thanks to Eochaid and wolfji.

Although Diaspora isn't pay-what-you-want like FATE is, it does have a freely-accessible SRD. The system generation rules were sufficiently awesome that I picked up the PDF. (And I picked up a print copy of Microscope a relatively long time ago off a blog's recommendation.)

Also - while poking around my RPG folder, I noticed this Rookvale thing (which actually is free) that might be worth a try. Superficially, it is gothic/apocalyptic Pokemon centered upon a single city with an unusual culture - but the crunch and/or fluff can probably be spliced into other games as is useful.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2014, 4:43 pm

Hardcooooore o: You saying you're thinking of setting one of them things up? I'd sure be down for that, but I dunno if I'd have enough time to be running it myself, lol
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2014, 9:23 pm

Drink the punch they said.
It'll be refreshing they said.
I'm lucky my liver was strengthened by college.

HOLY SHIT MORE PEOPLE! :D
Hi everyo-is that a Space Dandy signature? Space Dandy! He's a dandy guy. In space.

Oh jeez, Jazz, when I finished His Dark Materials
RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 99f
Szeme, I'm really happy you don't remember much from the movie. It was such a disappointment. The main three books are amazing. One of my favourite series I have ever read. Please, please read them :)
Then tell me what yo Dæmon is :D

Oh, and I'm fosho up to do something! I got a whole summer!

And Szeme, how was Poland???...!!!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2014, 11:12 am

The city of Krakow and the countryside were both absolutely beautiful! Auschwitz and Birkenau, of course, were something else entirely. It's so dumbfounding to walk among those buildings and feel almost like you're in a museum exhibit, and with the sun being bright and the sky being blue and the grass being green, but then you remember what happened there. And the quantity of possessions they had on display... I mean, whole rooms filled with shoes, suitcases, pots and pans, eyeglasses and you know that's only a fraction of it all. And then Birkenau's just absolutely massive, territory wise. Hard to describe how you feel walking through it. I'm so glad to have gotten to have that experience, though. My class even took a few wreaths to lay on the memorials.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2014, 4:13 am

Goodness. Temporal distance, there's nothing to be done, but spatial...

If anyone's up for making up a bunch of stuff about fictive creatures, their life histories, and their feelings and whatnot, I plan to lurk #microspore @ irc.mibbit.net for the next few evenings. Being an IRC channel, it can be accessed in-browser via Mibbit.

Given a couple of two-player setups / games, we'll hopefully have enough material to start a fresh thread. If so, I'll try to remain online as summer courses start up.
Back to top Go down
KING DCT
Refugee
KING DCT

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 4:30 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YJoOUY-bmzDYNH4atLKvgVRyUlvWFsrmcJWMB-5DQJo/edit?usp=sharing

If we are going to make an RP go to this link that way we can all work on it together and input information and make one pretty awesome rp.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 10:34 am

KING, your link doesn't work for me, unfortunately :( Also it's in German but I think that's more of a my-side issue.

Jazz, I'll be droppin' by there :3
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 9:55 pm

King, I need permission to see yo Google Docs :3
Or it's on my end... I did try to view it from my college account, they may have blocked access?

Jazz, I'm not quite sure what is going on. I want in/to help. How... what do I do?

Wow, Szem, that sounds like an incredible experience. You said your class. Do you live in Europe, or was it a class trip to Poland from like, America or something?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 11:23 pm

Saw your chat messages, KING and Mata - sorry I wasn't on this morning. I guess asynchronous is probably still the way to go.

Would you mind if we use Piratepad instead, KING? I'm caught in the permissions filter too.

http://piratepad.net/S0GlahCJpL

I'm gonna try to set up a game of Microscope / Diaspora on there, with enough instructions for the first turn. But ultimately, y'all can do what you want with it, though you might want to save revisions that you like.
Back to top Go down
KING DCT
Refugee
KING DCT

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014, 11:28 pm

Yeah its all good, it will probably be easier than having to allow everyone into google docs...sorry about that. Ill just get what i posted on there and post it to the pirate pad one

I just fixed the sharing part, so if we wanna do it on google doc we can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 25 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next