WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Phoden
€rim
BBeast
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Element
Fatman Cavalier
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 1:08 pm

So how long will it take to start making the beginning of a dungeon? And am I progressing too soon? I'm reading everybody's posts and I don't think that anyone else has even found their dungeon spot yet.

Oops.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

Nah, you're doing fine, Jester.

@Ji, yeah, just make a solid post to start yourself out. The whole no-sheets thing was a huge monkey in the works for a few individuals on the sporum...you'd be surprised.

Bbeast, thank you for your clarification. Your summary's good but I'll wait for Phoden's official one.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 4:32 pm

Phoden wrote:
again BBeast you've thought correct.

I quote this to see I already offcial clarified. By agreeign what he said.

Unless you want me. To say how I think it is.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

Alright, alright. I imagine my first post will be kind of lame, but let's a go.

And now I'm unsure how to begin.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:
Element wrote:
cursiveWrit wrote:
Mine started in a forest with caribu skins.

Which sounds like more, but this is northern canada, past the edge of the tiaga.

That's essentially like going out anywhere else in the winter wearing a speedo. And then jumping in a lake.

When you're in a freezing place wearing animal skins that are soaked in cold water from a lake, you'd be better off just taking them off and walking around naked. The water would quickly freeze, and you'd be a walking icicle.

I'm Canadian, I know this. Believe me, I do. However, it wasn't a real example- I was making a joke. First of all, in the summer(which I assume from people's posts it is, yes?) even Nunavut is relatively tepid. Second, because it sounds funnier to say 'wearing a speedo. then jumping in a lake.' than to make a good, accurate description.

lol! I'm half Canadian, but let me say that when I visit my family up in Quebec during the summers, it's still freezing cold. To me, Nunavut couldn't be considered warm unless you're dressed in sealskins and sitting by a bonfire. But then again, where I live it's a lot warmer and anything below sixty degrees Fahrenheit is chilly.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

sixty is like... 20.

dude, that's almost swimming weather here!

Canadian is a state of weather, not family history, :P

although, Quebec is pretty cold basically year round. There's a few 'mountains' in the region, and not much water, so the weather stays relatively cold.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:28 pm

Wel element , You are in Brazil and I in peru. I might think we will be the first to meet/clash
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:35 pm

There went nothing, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:48 pm

All right, I'm going to come in as a shaman-y person, over in the galapagos. Just a couple questions, though.

1. How standardized are imps supposed to be?

2. Have we taken over bodies of some random dude that was already there, or did we just pop into existence?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

1) Imps are your basic works , they build shit , obey your every command. But the ycount as level 0 creatures prety useless. You can later if yo uwant make improve imps.

2) Outremar was destroyed and since earth is dryer of magic than the desert for water.

We were transformed in weak disguting humans.

Also Stinky Solar pannels and such? Don't tell me your gona be the Nova Deturion.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

Phoden wrote:
Wel element , You are in Brazil and I in peru. I might think we will be the first to meet/clash

Well, you'd have to go through the mountains of Peru, slash your way through half the Amazon Rainforest, then potentially even cross the Amazon River, the widest one in the world, to even get to Jin'zul. And that's assuming you somehow learned of his existance.

It would also appear that AW is going to be in the Galapagos Islands, which are off the coast of Ecuador if I recall correctly. He won't be far from you either.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:54 pm

Fear me and my industrial wrath.

If I ever find a way to build a robot with explosive stored in his belly and propel himself via rocket, I'ma gon' blow erry'one up.

If that's possible, or even allowed.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm

Stinky Do you know who deturiion is?

He was a keeper from the future in the fith Age.

And he was a technology keeper. And was shown magic is still prety good vs technology.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:57 pm

I believe AW was asking, as I'd kind of like to ask, are Imps standard in appearance? Jester got to make them automata for instance. I'd like to also have my imps be rather customized to my theme, while still functioning identical to imps.

Don't worry, my plans include thwarting all of your plans, Patches.

Really, it should be that tech is decent enough at fighting magic. Magic is generally held to be more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

Yes, but do everyone's imps look the same, or if we need them for different purposes, how much can we customize them? For instance, I'll likely need mine to not go splat in a long fall, or work underwater, so how much leeway would I have to make that happen?

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:02 pm

You can make adjustment ad customize your imps.

But remeber your imps/ workers are level 0 monsters. Meaning that a huma nwith some balls should be able to stomp them.

You can make them under water like or consatntly flying or such thing.

But remeber you start as human.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

In the previous roleplay we were given some creative licensing. I had a Keeper who was a giant that worked earth magic, and his imps were made of stone and could see in the dark. So long as they are good at building and bad at fighting, I'd say you're fine.

It's also worth noting that you can have an imp construct, and that having such an overseer could probably be used to justify having slightly more efficient minions.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

Ji wrote:
I believe AW was asking, as I'd kind of like to ask, are Imps standard in appearance? Jester got to make them automata for instance. I'd like to also have my imps be rather customized to my theme, while still functioning identical to imps.

Don't worry, my plans include thwarting all of your plans, Patches.

Really, it should be that tech is decent enough at fighting magic. Magic is generally held to be more powerful.

Ji

We appear to have a common enemy

I believe we will be required thusly to form an alliance to completely destroy him.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:19 pm

Joural, Joural, Joural. One does not ally with a mad man. I haven't much time yet to flesh that out, but I'm not the sanest.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:25 pm

Creative license is permitted in the design of imps, yes.

So Jester, how does Baatal have knowledge beyond Earth's and well beyond Outremear's? A genius mind can only act on what knowledge it has.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:28 pm

I'm afraid you lost me there. I don't know what you mean. You mean knowing the existence of other Keepers?

Well, if he were to survive the apocalypse and then be spat out onto another world, wouldn't that mean, by extension, others may have done the same? That's his reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:34 pm

Stinky what he means. How do you know of all this technolog that no one in current or past Outremar knew or in this world?

It could mayby be steam pinky , but nuclear power and solar?
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:45 pm

I do not put it beyond your Keeper to extrapolate that other Keepers have landed on Earth. It's what Phoden said that I asked. Just any kind of reason would do.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

I don't know what has happened in Outremar since this is the first time I've participated in Dungeon Keepers - if anything, we could have it simply be pure speculation. This isn't to say he knows how solar power works, but in an area with lots of sun like a desert, sun powered equipment would be beyond useful. As for nuclear power, he hasn't gotten anywhere near to accomplishing that sort of feat. It's more of a theory he has been working on for ages upon ages but was a project that never started and likely won't for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:08 pm

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpcEoghhK43w30OJevqurDAHOkA0WNQ3WGrrEXgYaohG2K_FD9

Steam Pinkie?

Also, Ji, I'm actually crazy. I think I can handle you PRETENDING to be crazy.

:P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next