WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Earthheart - OOC

Go down 
+5
Master of ImpZ
Gnd
Patches
JazzTap
Snowy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 12:08 pm

@Mata: What are the limitations on the Seraph and Shades "zone/plain". Because I have some ideas, but I'd want to throw them past here of course.

Edit: if we're doing music in the other section. Raizerr is absolutely

Heads up it's kind of jarring to begin with. Give it like 3 or 4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

I should not have had my headphone volume at 80 when I started listening to that

But I am so glad I kept listening. -u-

For the Veil: We're still discussin it in the Drive, but here's my idea:

1. To dip into the Veil at all you need to have a spiritual connection to it, which means either being dead (a Spirit), a Seraph or Shade, or being a monk that has specially trained in the art.

2. The farther you go in, the more exponentially difficult it gets - both in terms of spiritual "energy" (just think of spiritual energy as "mastery of self," something monks can train) and concentration required.

3. First stage: Go in shallow and you can get decreasingly tangible in the real world. Emphasis on the "can be." If you focus you can retain your full form in both plains. Spirits master this technique to turn invisible and make no noise and pass through stuff.

3. Second stage: Go in a little deeper and you can exploit the spacial inconsistencies between the corporeal world and the Veil. You don't need TOO much energy to do this, but the real danger lies in lack of preparation, for getting lost in the Veil means arriving at an uncertain destination when you cross back; like sealing you deep within the crust of the Earth or chucking you into space or shiz.

4. Past here it becomes too difficult for non-spiritual races to manage alone, but monks can form zen circles or whatever just to share the burden. Of course they all have to have absolute concentration cause even the slightest lapse in concentration might mean they AAALL get into some nasty biz.

5. Third stage: Go in very deep indeed and you can exploit the temporal inconsistencies as well as just the spacial. With a whole lotta concentration, you can speed up your own time, and thus jump into the future. People have tried going in the opposite direction and none were ever heard from again. Maybe they're having a party at the beginning of the universe, or before Time? That's... That's one theory.

6. The deeper you go the more concentration it takes to ignore the effects of the previous stages. So like if you're past the second stage and going to the third, it will be difficult to keep yourself from fading from view, or keeping your relative position in space constant. Might be start to let yourself fade from view in order to save your focus from displacing yourself in little chunks across a million eons.

6. Between the second and third stages you hit what's called the "Bump," which occurs when you have displaced yourself exactly halfway between the corporeal world and the Veil. Basically what happens here is instead of it taking great energy and concentration to push towards the Veil, the force all of a sudden begins pulling in the opposite direction, and you have to then exert just as much energy and concentration to keep from slipping into the Veil entirely. Over this hump it's less difficult to go deeper, but you must take care not to go all the way, or you'll become a creature of the Veil now, one with as little presence in your home dimension as you used to have in the Veil! It takes a few times to know when you'll encounter the Bump, so it's good practice to hit stage three with a few experts before trying it yourself. If you don't reverse your energies in time you simply catapult uncontrollably into the Veil and, if you're traveling with the help of others, the impact will likely break your concentration and you'll be separated, unable to contact each other and thus unable to get home.

Additionally, at the exact moment of the Bump, it is theoretically impossible to maintain a presence in two worlds - i.e., even if you had all the power and all the concentration ever, and you made the journey to the Bump without even fading from view, you would for the smallest measurement of time exist in only one dimension as you crossed the Bump.

7. At any point in this you can double back and return to the corporeal world; before the Bump, that just means letting go, but after the Bump, you have to fight the counter-current to get back, which is just as hard as it was to get to the Veil in the first place. But if you like you can go all the way to the Veil, and that means you no longer have a presence in the real world, but exist in the Veil as fully as you used to exist back in your home dimension. Those who lose control after the Bump end up like this, and wander the Veil forever. Some are weak monks who don't have the energy, and some are very powerful but have gotten lost, and do not want to materialize in the other world without knowing where they will end up - perhaps thousands of lightyears, perhaps thousands of regular years, from home. Some of these beings are impossibly dangerous.

TL;DR: You start towards the Veil. First you Danny Phantom. Then you the Flash. Then at the halfway point you gotta stop pushing forward and start pulling back or you'll be in trouble, Like how if a rocket blasts off to the moon but just keeps accelerating it smacks into it and explodes, or like if you drive up a hill but don't slow down once you reach the peak and start flying down the other side. Then after that Bump you a time traveler, but don't get lost in the spooky dimension or you'll get ate by monsters that existed before time.

What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

I think it sounds interesting. My only thing is that "The Veil" sounds kind of generic. I feel like that word of "The Fade" or "The Void" or things of that nature are all too often used to describe places like that. Would it be possible to come up with something else?

Sorry to use Homestuck as an example, but a name like "The Outer Ring" has much more individuality to it. Do you know what I mean?

Also what EXACTLY is even there? Is it simply an empty space? Are their structures? Does one walk through this space or do they float? I would imagine float because the nature of Seraphs and Shades to fly.
Back to top Go down
Gnd
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

Character sheet

Name(s): Urvad Zefonemal
Pronouns: Badass, badass', badassim. For the sane: he, his, him.
Race: Goblin.
Skills, talents, and useful knowledge/abilities/possessions: Is a talented mugger, stabber, body-searcher, corpse-hider, lock-smasher, ransomer, and can keep his head in a tough situation. He is a decent pickpocket and lock-picker.
Hobbies and interests: He is an avid card-player, and is good at cheating in a variety of card-games. He has an obsession with knives (the more glamorous the better), and collects all of those he comes across. His most precious and well-adorned one, the Flipwhittler, has a magical property: while impaled in  a living creature, it prevents that creature from healing. Urvad is unaware of this property.
Greatest strength: His agility.
Greatest challenge: His height.
Appearance and personality: He is 3'10", has mottled green skin, and a brown mop of hair. He has orange eyes. His extraordinarily pointy ears have petite lobes. He is clean-shaven. He has a small scar on his left cheek bone. His skin is disfigured on his upper left back and left shoulder where he was burned as a child. He wears dusty old trousers and a dirty dress shirt that is baggy, the latter tucked into the former. He is missing his ring finger on his left hand. His left front tooth is chipped. He wears cow-leather shoes.
Backstory: A poorly penned map, and writ beside: 'Money, a lot of it.' That is all Urvad really needed. I might improve on this later (add in his youth), but as of now, this is what I will give, mostly because I have concerns about Chrome crashing and losing all of this.
Other: N/A

Last edited by Gnd on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 11:25 pm

Urvad, the first Elcor Spectre?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Gnd
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 11:45 pm

Snowy wrote:
Urvad, the first Elcor Spectre?

Uh, no. I just googled for a random Dwarf Fortress dwarf name and used it.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 12:17 am

@Omni: I kinda pictured a foggy grey plain with ruins strewn about and strange white suns on the horizon, but a void where you float makes more sense. xD I dunno!

@Gnd: Oooh a thief character, eh? Nice! What race is Urvad though? :D
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 12:27 am

I mean you could incorporate both. What kind of ruins are we looking at? I mean I kind of like the imagery of desolate skyscrapers. But maybe those are two modern for a ruined area? Hm.

What if...

A foggy plain where the stars seemed like the size of suns in the sky, yet for whatever reason this place was dark. Not pitch dark, but dark. Like this fog was keeping the whole place oddly dim. While the field itself remained the base of the area the ruins seemed to float aimlessly through the air. The Seraph and the Shades used light magics to scour the shambles as if ceaselessly searching for something. But what? I suppose they know. Or maybe they don't. Maybe they search because the others search and that's all they've ever known.

But what is this place, how did it come to existence? What if it's the ruins of an alternate world. Where things were the same, but also slightly different.
Back to top Go down
Gnd
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 1:48 am

Szemetlada wrote:
@Omni: I kinda pictured a foggy grey plain with ruins strewn about and strange white suns on the horizon, but a void where you float makes more sense. xD I dunno!

@Gnd: Oooh a thief character, eh? Nice! What race is Urvad though? :D

Whoops, I must have accidentally deleted that. He is a goblin.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 2:13 am

@Omni: DUDE. That's PERFECT! It even meshes with the longgame plot...

@Gnd: Alriiight! Accepted :D

We must be wary now, friends, for I sense that we are entering the critical stage of the RP, where Tangent Axis and so many others before it withered and died! We can continue to update the lore in the Google Drive after the RP starts, filling it with stuff as needed; right now, the only things we need before starting the IC are the rest of the sheets and a map :D Of course we won't start before everyone is ready. The timing must be just right!

But we can talk about how this will start off. I'm thinking my first post will describe the camp that all of the Mrorgain-factioned people start off in, as well as the situation that they must immediately face. Raizerr, Lutin, and the Br... Blu... Byüligítznuk-factioned I'll begin on a second post, and we can talk about how they'll actually start. Some of that through PM's so no one knows too much of the plot. >:D

I do have a loose plot arc in mind, which will involve our heroes on a quest to... Have I revealed this already? If I haven't I don't wanna spoil it. But since I don't want there to be CONSTANT pvp, but I also don't want the heroes and villains not interacting for long periods of time, I suggest that the hero and villain groups split up into teams, depending on how many characters each has. So that way each team has a definite goal in mind but they don't have to stay in a single group as well, like, they get that element of freedom.

I think the map will really help with this. I'll try and make it super detailed, so that way your objectives will be marked and you can see like, "oh, to get to the place we gotta go, we have to pass through this forest. Hope nothing nasty attacks us ther-aaaaw heck noooo spider pirates!"

So what do y'all think? Some of this can be decided IC amongst the charries, too :P Plus I should say, people can have as many characters as they want

Also, would it be a good idea if I controlled a couple NPCs who were there for guidance but couldn't actually do anything on their own? Like, say, a Spirit that traveled with the heroes and directed them when they needed it?

Last edited by Szemetlada on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 2:18 am

That sounds good to me Mata!

I'm gonna be working on my second character starting right now. If someone posts after me I'll post it there, but if not it'll be edited into this slot in the near future.

Edit: oh yeah, we never talked about a new name for the Veil. Unless we just want to still with the veil.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:37 am

Name(s): Kovarnis Rhaokin (Surname comes first in Huginnese society)
Race: Vrana
Pronouns: She/Her
Occupation: Receives House stipend, as well as owns several prestigious manufactories  
Skills, talents, and useful knowledge/abilities/possessions: Rhaokin has had a varied education, owing to her high birth. Among her skills most useful for the upcoming trials are a general engineering prowess from both the design and technician standpoint, knowledge of military tactics and how to lead learned in the classroom and on the front-lines, and her skill as a combat drone operator. Of course she retains less helpful skills as well, such as her ability to navigate political structures both foreign and native, operate a successful business, and the typical Vranan capacity to speak several languages.

Her most useful piece of equipment is of course, her “Falconer's Glove” which occupies the entirety of her right arm. This cybernetic replacement limb interfaces with her neural command augments and allows her operation of synced drones via a series of minute micro-hand gestures, while still being serviceable as a regular arm when not in use. Though without her three drones, such a boon would be useless. She possesses  three robotic assistants, a small rapidly flying bot, meant to circle rapidly far overhead, and send back valuable visual data back to her glove, which she can either mentally perceive, or project for others to view as well. A second drone occupies a similar role, though it has the general shape and form of a small mouse, skittering around on silent, sticking feet, to explore urban or indoor locations. The third drone is as long as her torso, and as wide as it is long, occupying a flattened box shape. At each of its four corners is a series of propellers, run by powerful and precise motors, themselves powered by powerful and long-lasting internal batteries, rechargeable at any standard sized outlet, or by top mounted solar panels. Mostly featureless black box has a series of menacing cameras on the front, an underslung weapon's mount normally filled with a machinegun, and a centrally held winch with a claw, enabling to to heft and lift relatively light objects it can grab onto. All of this can be fitted to the back of a collapsible frame that can be worn on Rhaokin's back, allowing her to heft it around with her.

Other important equipment includes her similarly robotic left arm with recoil-bleeding gyroscopes, which she uses to wield any personal weapons, false golden irised eyes, interlaced with green filament, that allow her to “perceive” important tactical data, from both her drones, and her own point of view. And finally, a simple, though ornate, over-under shotgun, which she holds to be “The finest fowling piece I've ever laid eyes on.”  

Hobbies and interests: Rhaokin enjoys tinkering with, or at least debasing, new things. As well as applying what she learns into making her own inventions. She has a rather general fondness for most things mechanical as well, always interested in discussing or encountering new things about it. She also enjoys fine liquors, recreational reading.
Greatest strength: Her greatest strength is her mechanical skill, followed shortly by her military-drone training.
Greatest challenge: Time is catching up with Rhaokin, and her body, at least the remaining organic parts, are no longer what they used to be. Though, one could also argue her greatest challenge is her complete and total lack of magical ability. She'd never been able to use it, and swiftly gave up trying. She doesn't understand the theory, terminology, or properties. Just about the only thing she knows is how to hit the deck when she sees it coming.
Appearance and personality: Rhaokin stands at 4' 10”, near average for a Vrana, and sporting the usual slender, near fragile build that comes standard on most of her ilk. Cast amid her preponderant number of black-feathered peers, her differing bits of white plumage are rarely visible under her clothes, with simply a shimmering iridescent green tailfeathers casting a different light to her raven, crow, or assorted other brethren. The most immediately distinctive characteristics she bears are her cybernetics, the shimmering golden irises filled with green circuitry, and her two shiny steel arms, built and plated in rough intimation of her natural scaled forelimbs. Of course, even that is hidden underneath her adventuring outfit that she put together carefully from old hunting equipment. The last, and perhaps most distinguishing bit of her wardrobe, is the “simple” signet ring, pointless in her day to day life, but an effective symbol of her nobility nonetheless.

Personality: Well, I have a hard time writing these, and I'm not even proud of the appearance, so. It'll happen IC, promise.

Backstory: Rhaokin was firstborn of her mother, Ekster, member of house Kovarnias. That alone set Rhaokin up for greatness. Her early life was simple, though hectic, as she attended the finest schools, learned several important languages, how to deal with dynastic politics, and was pressured down the same engineering path as her mother, that she might follow in her footsteps. With little time to herself, let alone meaningful recreation, Rhaokin had little to turn to besides books she could read when she should have been sleeping, and her younger sister, Tythirr, who's chipperness pierced even the smoggiest day. Eventually, she was pressured into armed service. “Upholding the family honor” they called it, but she hardly found it worthwhile. She spent two years in training as an officer of a remote drone unit, where upon she entered into an eight year peace time service. Or... that was the intention anyway. The first four and a half went smoothly, she patroled, held herself up as some sort of dignified beacon for the people, and generally accomplished nothing but writing letters back home. But one fateful winter morning that she remembered all too well, war was declared. The United Goblinoid Tribes, a dreadful republic to the south, where every orc, goblin, and troll commoner got his say, had grown too big for its own good, and decided its newest target was the Kingdom of Huginn. Powered by terrible goblin technology, horrible orcish and troll soldiers marched north, clad in armors more durable than the Huginnese had ever faced, their weapons more advanced, and their advance unstoppable. Over the next three years, they marched north, as the Huginnese did their best to at least slow them down, as Rhaokin fought from the front-lines with the others, experiencing doomed-last-stand after broken-retreat, as the devastation marched from the poor, unindustrialized outer regions, to the heart of the kingdom. But each final stand grew less and less final, as enemy forces fell, and mysteriously weren't replaced, and on those last few months, within less than a month's march of the capital, the army turned the invaders back. And on that day, as men and women cheered, and the radios reported the signing of a ceasefire... Rhaokin received several fateful letters from home, detailing her mother's sudden murder, the failed investigation, and that her sister had gone missing. She finished her service distraught, and disappointed, to her now alone father, and lack of siblings. Eventually though, and with a heavy heart, she moved on. Picking up after her mother's company, her factory began to serve government interests, from the wing that worked in tandem with the rest of the country to rebuild what had been lost, to the secret cabal of engineers assigned to reverse-engineer the UGT's fallen equipment. Rhaokin's life returned to normalcy, she'd started a family of her own, had three children, and she was doing okay with herself, she'd even remet her sister again for the first time since they'd parted all those years ago... and despite what'd happened to her, they were still family, and she still did what she could to support her. Eventually, one dreary morning, after a rather boring sales meeting, Rhaokin returned to find a peculiar letter on her desk. The specifics were hazy, even then, but a one “Mrorgain the Rock” promised her the chance to do good by the world... Rhaokin was getting old, and before she resigned herself to a life completely behind the scenes... one last ride as the heroine called to her. And with but a simple night spent explaining it to her husband, and her children, and assigning the factory's operation in her absence, she grabbed her favorite gear, and set out for one final adventure.
Other: Obligatory song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRgf3tOpMI or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPjJivG4RE Take your pick, one of the two. :p
Drone armed with This
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:46 am

Name(s): Kovarnis Tythirr
Race: Vrana
Pronouns: she/her
Skills, talents, and useful knowledge/abilities/possessions: What Tythirr actually went to school for is physics, which she has the cultural equivalent of a associate's in. She was going to use it to pursue further education in mechanical engineering, but has aborted that in favor of honing her magical talents. She has taken her physics knowledge and combined the two fields to pursue magical ballistics. She uses magic to effectively get the benefits other people would get with a smartgun; her bread and butter is engaging a sort of magical sight that lets her accurately predict complex vectors and execute her predictions. She complements this with an acrobatic martial arts style, mostly for evasive purposes. Her active magic use tends to be related to the martial arts, helping her to bend the rules of physics and stay one step ahead of enemy fire, and occasionally sending spells straight down the barrel if she encounters a foe her bullets alone can't bring down. Much of her magical knowledge comes from basic training as a monk; that said, most monks would consider her a rank novice at most purer applications of a monk's craft.
Favored equipment is a pair of machine pistols equivalent to the MAC-10, chambered for 400 Corbon, with 30 round magazines. Where a retractable stock would normally be, there is instead a magical reservoir.
She also carries a couple of discreet cybernetics: a wireless network uplink, for discreet communication and network access, and a simple datajack with storage, so she can store and play back audiovisual info. These are hidden under her feathers. She also has titanium bone lacing, to withstand occasional hard landings.

Hobbies and interests: Tythirr enjoys pool sharking, laughing at poorly-written romance novels, illegal street racing (generally on her motorcycle), and amateur astronomy. She's fond of video games, but is generally awful at them.

Greatest strength: Determination. One doesn't use a "refuge in audacity" fighting style without having the wherewithal to put yourself on the line.

Greatest challenge: She picked up a stim addiction during her earlier years; while she doesn't require the stimulant as a crutch anymore, she's been as yet unable to kick the habit, and she's insecure about it, as a reminder of past mistakes.

Appearance and personality: She tries to hide when she gets attached to her teammates, but she's a very protective type, mostly over her sister. Else, she comes off as a hardass.
Appearance-wise, she's 4'10", with plumage based on a blue jay. There's hardly an ounce of fat on her, and she's well-muscled. Her eyes are sharp and her bearing confident. Her clothing tends to have two distinct styles: baggy, many-pocketed pants, boots, snug-fitting shirt, and bulletproof vest (when working), with copper-rimmed goggles; and black pinstripe business suit, gray blouse with a copper necklace, the same goggles, a fancy digital pocketwatch, and her guns concealed inside the armorweave jacket.

Backstory: Tythirr was the youngest sister in the wealthy Kovarnis household. As at least a moderately bright and magically gifted kid, she was pushed rapidly through school with all the speed and parental pressure that a wealthy family with high hopes can bring. Her childhood was a blur of academics and structured extracurriculars; this caused its share of stress and friction, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. Advanced placement courses landed her in a decent two year institution, where she got [the nearest in-setting equivalent of] an associate's degree. Her graduation would soon be marred by the untimely murder of her mother. With her sister Rhao off serving in the military and her father too busy running the company to be much help, Tythirr found herself without an emotional foothold, and one night at the age of 19, she took a wad of cash and disappeared. Not much is known after that; she had a rough period and understandably doesn't want to talk about it; but it's apparent she spent some time at a monastery, some time fending for herself, and there's a couple clear references to her working with intermittently with a PMC. She came back to the family without prior warning, as if nothing had ever happened, several months ago, and things haven't been the same since; she's a totally different person than she was, and that has kept her and Rhaokin at a distance.
When she left, her now-deceased parents had intended to leave her and Rhaokin an even split of their company shares; when she was on the lam, both shares passed to her sister. Upon her return, she claimed only two thirds of her share, leaving her sister with a definite controlling interest, and her with enough to draw on company resources when necessary.
Her letter contained one simple appeal: Payback.

Other:
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 7:52 am

why would the forum start trying to eat my posts now

NPCs are good, as long as they have intrinsic motivations and don't merely detract from the PCs (in terms of both free will and relative usefulness).

I posted my thoughts on names in the Drive doc. Upon further consideration, I suggest 'the Sacrosanct', or something else befitting a holy graveyard. (Being a one-word title - I think it's flavorful nonetheless, - I'm surprised that one hasn't already been used.)

Anyways this seemed like the thing to do, so. Welp. Am exhausted. Might think about PCs' connections tomorrow. So far, am glad we have a blue jay!vrana.

Name(s): Arj'atyn
Race: Lizardfolk Empath
Pronouns: 'she'
Skills, talents, and useful knowledge/abilities/possessions:

Hobbies and interests:
o Physiology, especially musculoskeletal kinetics and (in an instrumentation-limited fashion) neural nets.
o Flow and groove. Defying entropy.
o Historical preservation. Making up historical facts.

Greatest strength: Wit. Providence.
Greatest challenge: Over-attachment to things that take the place of other people.

Appearance and personality:

Backstory:
Hailed from a noble family, at one time. Received tutoring in remote manipulation, but left at a tender age to pursue unsanctioned magical interests.

Studied at a monastery, but was expelled for lack of ascetic virtue. In this case, spying. Was extracted by her father's people, but a rival family caught wind of their success. In the resulting mess, most parties involved were either assassinated or executed by the city guard.

She went on the run. Via contacts from prior thefts - another reason for her expulsion, - she fell in with a group of 'businessfolk' with whom her craft was not wasted. Ultimately, she outlived her usefulness, and wound up left for dead in the forest.

She survived due to divine intervention her attackers' unfamiliarity with reptilian jugulars. She took up hunting. For food, when necessary. Otherwise, for bounties. Most pertained to misdemeanors; the ones for fugitives taken alive paid better.

...She'd studied at a monastery, but was expelled for asking too many hard questions. Without instruction, her interest in extradimensional spaces (for their strategic value, yes, but anthropological too) went awry within a couple of years.

A mild shattering isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes the pieces go back together better than they used to.

And sometimes all your associates get killed in the process, which on the balance is probably more a good thing than a bad one.

She was promised a legacy. She is willing to throw quite a lot away, in exchange for a legacy.

Other:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Okay, read through all your sheets (listening to the music of course ^^), all accepted with flying colors!

I love Rhao's and Tythirr's backstories! Older sister with a lust for adventure, younger sister with a lust for vengeance. Their reunion must be pretty darn awkward, too. xD Really looking forward to these story interactions!

Goodness gracious Jazz, I don't know how I keep forgetting you're an amazing artist. Love those ideas about the golemmancy! As for the tears into the Veil, I'll defs allow that. Could come in handy later... Will that Seraph diplomat be joining Mrorgain's group? Also does that mean Arj'atyn will start separate from the others?

In any case I'm so excited for this. All of you have submitted such amazing characters :D
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm

I might be able to make a second character. If I do, I'd like to run with the alien idea. If anything, so I could have the excuse to have a couple of entertaining interactions between Glenn and it.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm

"I'll punch an alien, I don't give a Fuck."
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm

I'm waiting for the encounter with say, a creature made of acid or fire, when Glenn learns that not all problems can be solved by punching them.

And then he punches it anyway because that's a lie and all problems can be solved that way.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm

Admiral Ji wrote:
I'm waiting for the encounter with say, a creature made of acid or fire, when Glenn learns that not all problems can be solved by punching them.

And then he punches it anyway because that's a lie and all problems can be solved that way.
"u wot m8??? i'll punch ur fokkin hed in, i swear on me mum"

It'd hurt like hell. Fortunately, he's an unconventional medic with that biomancy of his.

Ømnivalence wrote:
"I'll punch an alien, I don't give a Fuck."
"Come on, bring him forward! I'd fight an extra-territorial, no problem!"
"You mean extra-terrestrial."
"Look at this dumb ass making things up! Get outta here!"
Back to top Go down
Gnd
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm

I feel very inadequate next to all these master character sheet designers.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm

What a coincidence! I was feeling pretty self-conscious as soon as I read over how interesting your character was. I'm flattered to have your approval - no less honored to have you consider me at least your equal! :)
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

I wish that I was better at describing the detail of certain things. Like I have trouble describing something more than just it's basest description. Which is often sufficient. But if you say something is intricate, you kind o want to describe what about it specifically is intricate.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

I feel like I got kinda ramble-y at parts, and didn't actually convey too much, but I appreciate your approval nonetheless. Your sheet is fine Gnd, nothing to worry about.

Also, Omni, are you still making a secondary character who is a princess? Because if so, I get the feeling Mrorgain is less "spearheading an opposition against dark forces" and more "collecting royal women for a dating show." :p Not to say you shouldn't, you should, it's your character idea. Just, Mrorgain had to have done this on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:38 pm

I'll have you know she might be a princess but she wouldn't be afraid to skewer anyone who was trying anything funny. :P
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm

I get the feeling the other three would be just as "probably shouldn't mess with", but Mrorgain the Playah doesn't know that. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Earthheart - OOC
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next