WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.

Go down 
+14
Patches
Snowy
metime00
DB
The Illusive Badger
Master of ImpZ
brendan
ron
Alex
TheNarrator
EropsToad
Rachel
lUN_Cat16
Tyranzilla
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:23 pm

Say, Erops, I'll get to your PMs as soon as I can, but it seems that I should probably address something.

Tyran and I have been discussing your style of posts. We're not trying to be judgemental, but it seems that your humorous (in a good way, I assure you) style is starting to get a little too humorous, at least for the setting. Now, we're not saying that you should have your posts go completely GRIMDARK and cynical beyond any inconceivable level (although a little of that would be nice), but perhaps you can tone the humor down a little?

Just a little addition of seriousness and a toning down of the silliness is all we ask. Perhaps you could designate and focus on some of your more evil characters, perhaps have them kick a few dogs. Maybe even show when the time when the feces is getting real by killing off a (*coughMinorcough*) character.

Just a simple request is all. Hopefully no harm done. It's not that we don't like the occasional humor; it definitly breaks up the Grimdark and keeps from instilling too much depression, darkness and violence for the RP's own good. It's just that, as many in the Chat agreed, Chaos Space Marines should not be defeated with Banana Peels... Unless you got an absolute badass who CAN defeat a CSM while WIELDING a Banana Peel, but that's a different story for a different time.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:25 pm

I seem to be afflicted with a severe case of procrastination disease.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/69964.page
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:27 pm

It's alright we all get it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:30 pm

Yeah... Got it.

I guess I'll have to fire my construction crew. No more cement mixers for me.

(I would also say something about free speech, but seeing that not all of us are in America... Ah, well, live and let live.)

Oh, whoops, did I take that too well?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

Right, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Again, not saying that we don't like it, it's just that this is not normally a humor based RP, so you may want to be a tad conservative on its usage. After all, being diversive in style keeps things from getting stale.

@Tyran: Ach, that doesn't sound good. Of course, this could provide time for the others to catch up. Speaking of which, I think, if I get a large enough time slot, I could do small, single-POV posts from my 3DS. It would mean a decline in overall quality, but at least then I could get a post or two in.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

Huh, speaking of humor, I thought somebody was going to make an all-out DC parody?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

That was Luna. You could speak with her about it.

Anyways, short and badly typed post is short and badly typed, but for something made on a DS system, it's acceptable. I decided on focusing on characters who just don't get enough attention in my cast. Luckily, I chose having a relatively small cast in order to make such a task easy, and to keep most characters from falling into the C-List Fodder.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

I was going to but then school came and smashed me over the head. Currently sick due to partial mental breakdown and sleep deprivation.

Speaking of which I might not be able to get a post in for a few weeks tyran. If I did then my grades would probably suffer for it, given that it takes me about an hour I could use for doing research papers and such. Actually scratch the few weeks part it'll be sooner if I can get free time.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 11:29 am

My last post was short, but I've decided that gigantic posts that leave little room for anyone else to put in their input aren't the best idea.

Plus if I put an emphasis on one character for a post, I can put more creativity into that character rather than spreading it out all over the place over the course of a post.

Also, decided to get caught up on homestuck again, nothing of import is happening so meh.

Also, Behold Sindri Myr.

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Execution_of_bloodravens_by_alpha_legion_by_toptimusprimus-d4x5sz8

Behold his magnifent bastardry. For soon many will come to curse his name.

And just listen to his voice.

It's just so softly and smoothly evil.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

Better late than never.

Name: Agatha Heterodyne
Sex (if any): Female
Height (you can approximate): 6ft
Weight (you can approximate): Somewhere around 200lb, I guess
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Ggsketch_20061203
(best pic I could find, sadly not in color)
Universe: Girl Genius
Abilities: A powerful 'Spark', a gene found uncommonly among many, which usually grants the possessor of it augumented strength, speed, intelligence, perceived insanity, and a a yearning for SCIENCE!; the Heiress to the House of Heterodyne, which seems to grant her the ability to begin, as many call, 'Heterodyning', an extremely complex way of humming which seems to greatly aid in concentration and thinking; *Spoiler* Also a descendant of the Mongfish family, granting her a somewhat hypnotic voice that makes various beings, especially the weak-minded, obedient to her, and is at least persuasive enough to give her at least an air of leadership among even the more resistant; a skilled creator of Death Rays and many other Rays of the like; just as skilled at wielding them; varying physical and athletic training; limited medical knowledge; skilled at creating Clanks, small robots that aid with various things. Also able to sometimes transplant some of her created clanks with the Spark, which seems to allow the created Clank to run off and create other Clanks
Bio: You may want to check the wiki on this one for specifics. I'll be using a sort of 'Future Agatha', not necessarily distant future, but her as seen in Agatha Heterodyne and the Electric Coffin. Naturally I'll have to be somewhat vague, as we don't know all the particulars.
Alignment: True Neutral
Link: Here be the Wiki
Faction Allegiance: Champions

SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

My next post shall be a surgery.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:34 pm

Name: The Slaught
Size of group: Mercifully small (by 40k standards, they still number in the billions or trillions, but they prefer to use their constructs to do the fighting, not that they're not deadly in a fight) their constructs outnumber the Slaught themselves greatly
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Slaugth1
Universe: Warhammer 40000
Abilities/Equipment: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaugth#.T5l4r1HWaS1
History: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaugth#.T5l4r1HWaS1
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaugth#.T5l4r1HWaS1
Faction Allegiance: Destroyers

Name: The Loxatl
Size of group: Unknown
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Loxatldetails
Abilities/Equipment: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loxatl#.T5l8P1HWaS1
History: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loxatl#.T5l8P1HWaS1
Alignment: Neutral evil
Link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loxatl#.T5l8P1HWaS1
Faction Allegiance: Mercenaries, the destroyers pay better however.

Name: The Thyrrus
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Thyrrus#
Abilities/Equipment: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thyrrus#.T5l-51HWaS0
History: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thyrrus#.T5l-51HWaS0
Alignment: True Neutral
Link:http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thyrrus#.T5l-51HWaS0

Name: Rak'Gol
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Ransackingthedig
Abilities/Equipment: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rak%27Gol#.T5mA_VHWaS2
History: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rak%27Gol#.T5mA_VHWaS2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rak%27Gol#.T5mA_VHWaS2

Name: The Hrud
Size of group: LOTS
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Hrud
Abilities/Equipment: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hrud#.T5mFS1HWaS1
History: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hrud#.T5mFS1HWaS1
Alignment: Neutral
Link: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hrud#.T5mFS1HWaS1
Faction Allegiance: They gravitate towards the destroyers as they HATE the necrons.

Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 6:28 pm

Hooray. More unkillable evil monsters.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 9:16 pm

Well I wouldn't call the Heterodynes unkillable per say, but- Oh you meant the new factions. Also, in the case that I don't get to that post tomorrow, feel free to skip without me.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012, 4:06 pm

The Slaught will essentially be the Destroyer's necrons, Hyper advanced and don't need the warp at all, but the bad side of the living rather than the bad side of machines like the necrons.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 1:45 am

Name: Tatanga the Mysterious Spaceman
Sex (if any): Male
Height (you can approximate): 4'3"
Weight (you can approximate): 89 lbs
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 Daisytatanga
Universe: Super Mario
Abilities: Pilots the Pagosu, a spaceship that fires large cannonballs. He also has a standard space-invader ray gun.
Bio: Tatanga is a mysterious invader from another unknown planet. He invades Sarasaland during Super Mario Land and captures Princess Daisy. Tatanga hypnotizes the inhabitants of Sarasaland, allowing him to control them. He has the most powerful of them guard the four kingdoms of Sarasaland - Birabuto Kingdom, Muda Kingdom, Easton Kingdom, and the Chai Kingdom. When Mario defeats the hypnotized creatures and liberates all the kingdoms, Tatanga and Mario engage in air combat.

During the climactic battle, Tatanga fights in his spaceship, the Pagosu, while Mario fights in his airplane, the Sky Pop. Mario has to fire his missiles at Tatanga's spaceship while dodging the war vessel's big cannonballs, which immediately split into three small cannonballs. After forty hits, the Pagosu is destroyed (and 5000 points are gained); however, the alien invader escapes. In the end, Mario rescues Princess Daisy and peace is returned to Sarasaland.

Tatanga reappears as a boss in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Although his role in this game was not as significant, he did play a part. While Mario was distracted with Tatanga, Wario took over Mario Land and occupied Mario's Castle. After Mario defeated the alien invader, Tatanga fled to Wario's new castle. The spaceman was given one of the six golden coins needed to access Wario's Castle, and he set up base in the Space Zone.

During Super Mario Land 2, Mario tracks down Tatanga, and the two fight for a second time. However, in this battle, Tatanga does not fight in his war vessel Pagosu. This time Tatanga fights with a smaller space craft, capable of shooting energy weapons and dive bombing Mario. While descending in his dive bomb attack, Mario jumps on top of the space invader. After three hits, Mario defeats Tatanga and recovers the golden coin of Space Zone. Like all the other bosses except Wario, Tatanga fell off the screen (his spaceship was destroyed as well, except instead of falling off the screen as he did, it simply disappeared) but not before crying about his loss. Ultimately, Mario uses the six golden coins to open the doors to his castle and kick Wario out.

The fact that he is guarding one of the six coins at all hints that Tatanga may have been working for Wario the entire time, and that his kidnapping of Princess Daisy was a means of distracting Mario specifically so Wario could take over his castle, though this is unconfirmed.

Unlike the other bosses featured in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Tatanga does not appear in Nintendo Power's Mario vs. Wario comic. This is ironic as he is perhaps the most major boss next to Wario, given his status as Super Mario Land's antagonist.

Tatanga appears as the villain in the Game Boy comic books spun off from the Nintendo Comics System, produced by the company Valiant. In the comics, Tatanga lives in an alternate dimension that exists within a Game Boy. However, the evil alien hypnotizes Herman Smirch, a human from New Jersey, causing the man to release Tatanga from the Game Boy. Upon arriving on Earth, Tatanga hopes to conquer the planet and rule it with an iron fist. Each time Tatanga is released, he always tries to conquer an Earth monument, such as Disney World or the World Trade Center. One time, Tatanga and his minions take over the Great Wall of China. However, Mario is always released from the Game Boy, and the hero inevitably brings the evil alien back to the Game Boy dimension.

In the miniseries, Tatanga's relationship with Daisy was similar to the one between Princess Peach and Bowser, in that he appeared to genuinely love the princess, with several of his attempted conquests being done solely in an attempt to impress her. Also in this series, he is considerably bigger and more muscular than in the games, has more pronounced fangs and claws, and wears a black uniform. His Pagosu is also able to assume a more humanoid form, making it resemble battle armor.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Link: http://www.mariowiki.com/Tatanga
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 9:22 pm

Name: (The) One Ring
Sex (if any): Asexual, as it's a ring
Height (you can approximate): Generally rather small, though it is known to change shape and size in order to fit the finger of its bearer
Weight (you can approximate): Varies
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 180px-TheOneRing
Universe: Lord of the Rings
Abilities: Way too many to write down. The wiki provides a better description.
Bio: The ever famous Ring of the Lord of the Rings, as created by Sauron, the BigBad and the titular Lord of the Rings. Check the wiki for more details.
Alignment: From what's seen of it, Lawful Evil.
Link: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/One_Ring
Faction Allegiance: A tad tricky: it generally sides with the Destroyers, though it is known to go where its fancy flows, however it's true allegiance lies with its creator, so if Sauron were to ever enter, then the One Ring will use whatever is at its disposal to return to him and follow whatever faction the Dark Lord decides to side with.

Yes, my new antagonist is a piece of Jewelry. It will usually aid the Destroyers via possessing random mooks and using them as generals to lead random groups against them. As for the Corruption and the Possession habits, it works generally the same as any other Corruption/Possession thing in the RP: Mooks are easy if not downright instantaneous, and Names Characters vary.

One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 12:55 pm

Name: George Washington
Sex (if any): Male
Height (you can approximate): 6'2
Weight (you can approximate): 175
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 220px-Gilbert_Stuart_Williamstown_Portrait_of_George_Washington
Universe: Ours
Abilities: President of the United States, is a successful general, good leadership
Bio: George Washington (February 22, 1732 [O.S. February 11, 1731] – December 14, 1799) was the first President of the United States of America, serving from 1789 to 1797, and the dominant military and political leader of the United States from 1775 to 1799. He led the American victory over Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War as commander-in-chief of the Continental Army from 1775 to 1783, and presided over the writing of the Constitution in 1787. Washington became the first president by unanimous choice, and oversaw the creation of a strong, well-financed national government that maintained neutrality in the wars raging in Europe, suppressed rebellion and won acceptance among Americans of all types. His leadership style established many forms and rituals of government that have been used since, such as using a cabinet system and delivering an inaugural address. Washington is universally regarded as the "Father of his country".
Washington was born into the provincial gentry of the Colonial Virginia slave society;[3] his wealthy planter family owned tobacco plantations and slaves. After both his father and older brother died when he was young, Washington became personally and professionally attached to the powerful William Fairfax, who promoted his career as a surveyor and soldier. Washington quickly became a senior officer in the colonial forces during the first stages of the French and Indian War. Chosen by the Second Continental Congress in 1775 to be commander-in-chief of the Continental Army in the American Revolution, Washington managed to force the British out of Boston in 1776, but was defeated and almost captured later that year when he lost New York City. After crossing the Delaware River in the dead of winter, he defeated the British in two battles, retook New Jersey and restored momentum to the Patriot cause. Because of his strategy, Revolutionary forces captured two major British armies at Saratoga in 1777 and Yorktown in 1781. Historians laud Washington for his selection and supervision of his generals, encouragement of morale and ability to hold together the army, coordination with the state governors and state militia units, relations with Congress and attention to supplies, logistics, and training. In battle, however, Washington was repeatedly outmaneuvered by British generals with larger armies. After victory had been finalized in 1783, Washington resigned rather than seize power, proving his opposition to dictatorship and his commitment to American republicanism. He retired from the presidency in 1797 and returned to his home, Mount Vernon, and his domestic life where he managed a variety of enterprises. He freed all his slaves by his final 1799 will.
Dissatisfied with the weaknesses of Articles of Confederation, in 1787 Washington presided over the Constitutional Convention that drafted the United States Constitution. Elected as the first President of the United States in 1789, he attempted to bring rival factions together to unify the nation. He supported Alexander Hamilton's programs to pay off all state and national debt, to implement an effective tax system and to create a national bank (despite opposition from Thomas Jefferson). Washington proclaimed the United States neutral in the wars raging in Europe after 1793. He avoided war with Great Britain and guaranteed a decade of peace and profitable trade by securing the Jay Treaty in 1795, despite intense opposition from the Jeffersonians. Although never officially joining the Federalist Party, he supported its programs. Washington's "Farewell Address" was an influential primer on republican virtue and a warning against partisanship, sectionalism, and involvement in foreign wars.
Washington had a vision of a great and powerful nation that would be built on republican lines using federal power. He sought to use the national government to preserve liberty, improve infrastructure, open the western lands, promote commerce, found a permanent capital, reduce regional tensions and promote a spirit of American nationalism.[4] At his death, Washington was hailed as "first in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen".[5] The Federalists made him the symbol of their party but for many years, the Jeffersonians continued to distrust his influence and delayed building the Washington Monument. As the leader of the first successful revolution against a colonial empire in world history, Washington became an international icon for liberation and nationalism, especially in France and Latin America.[6] He is consistently ranked among the top three presidents of the United States, according to polls of both scholars and the general public.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington

Name: Union Army
Size of group: Half of America
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 300px-Michigan_infantry
Universe: Ours
Abilities/Equipment: Guns, cavalry, ironclad ships, etc.
History: The Union Army was the land force that fought for the Union during the American Civil War. It was also known as the Federal Army, the U.S. Army, the Northern Army and the National Army.[1] It consisted of the small United States Army (the regular army), augmented by massive numbers of units supplied by the Northern states, composed of volunteers as well as conscripts. The Union Army fought and eventually defeated the smaller Confederate States Army during the war which lasted from 1861 to 1865. About 360,000 died from all causes; some 280,000 were wounded.
Alignment: (generally speaking)
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_army

Name: Confederate Army
Size of group: The other half
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 ConfederateArmyPhoto
Universe: See Union Army.
Abilities/Equipment: (abilities members of the group can use and their weapons, vehicles, gadgets and what-not)
History: The Confederate States Army was the army of the Confederate States of America (or "Confederacy") while the Confederacy existed during the American Civil War. On February 8, 1861, delegates from the seven Deep South states which had already declared their secession from the United States of America adopted the Provisional Constitution of the Confederate States of America. On February 28, 1861, the Provisional Confederate Congress established a provisional volunteer army and gave control over military operations and authority for mustering state forces and volunteers to the President of the Confederate States of America. On March 1, 1861, Provisional Confederate President Jefferson Davis, on behalf of the Confederate States government, assumed control of the military situation at Charleston, South Carolina where state militia were threatening to seize Fort Sumter from the small United States Army garrison. On March 6 and 9, 1861, the Provisional Confederate Congress passed additional military legislation and established a more permanent Confederate States Army.
The Confederacy's government was effectively dissolved on May 10, 1865 with the capture of President Jefferson Davis by Union forces. The main Confederate armies, the Army of Northern Virginia under General Robert E. Lee and the remnants of the Army of Tennessee and various other units under General Joseph E. Johnston, had already surrendered on April 9, 1865 (officially April 12) and April 18, 1865 (officially April 26). Confederate forces at Mobile, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia also had already surrendered on April 14, 1865 and April 16, 1865, respectively. Union and Confederate units fought a battle at Columbus, Georgia before the April 16, 1865 surrender and a small final battle at Palmito Ranch, Texas on May 12, 1865. In areas more distant from the main theaters of operations, Confederate forces in Alabama and Mississippi under Lieutenant General Richard Taylor, in Arkansas under Brigadier General M. Jeff Thompson, in Louisiana and Texas under General E. Kirby Smith and in Indian Territory under Brigadier General Stand Watie surrendered on May 4, 1865, May 12, 1865, May 26, 1865 (officially June 2, 1865) and June 28, 1865, respectively.
Incomplete and destroyed records make an accurate count of the number of individuals who served in the Confederate Army impossible. All but extremely improbable estimates of this number range between 600,000 and 1,500,000 men. The better estimates of the actual number of individual Confederates soldiers seem to be between 750,000 and 1,000,000 men. This does not include an unknown number of slaves who were impressed into performing various tasks for the army, such as construction of fortifications and defenses or driving wagons. Records of the number of individuals who served in the Union Army are more extensive, but still are not entirely reliable. Estimates of the number of individual Union soldiers with whom the Confederates had to contend range between 1,550,000 and 2,400,000, with a number between 2,000,000 and 2,200,000 appearing to be most likely accurate. Union Army records show slightly more than 2,677,000 enlistments in that army but this number apparently includes many re-enlistments. Since these figures include estimates of the total number of individual soldiers who served in each army at any time during the war, they do not represent the size of the armies at any given date. The numbers of Union and Confederate soldiers do not include men who served in Union or Confederate naval forces.
Although most Civil War soldiers were volunteers, both sides ultimately resorted to conscription. Exact figures again are unavailable but estimates of the percentage of Confederate soldiers who were draftees have often been about double the 6 percent of Union soldiers who were conscripts. Some historians have suggested that the threat of conscription may have had a greater effect on raising volunteers than it did in providing large numbers of reliable soldiers.
Confederate casualty figures are as incomplete and unreliable as the figures on the number of Confederate soldiers. The best estimates of the number of deaths of Confederate soldiers appear to be about 94,000 killed or mortally wounded in battle, 164,000 deaths from disease and between 26,000 and 31,000 deaths in Union prison camps. One estimate of Confederate wounded, which is considered incomplete, is 194,026. In comparison, the best estimates of the number of deaths of Union soldiers are 110,100 killed or mortally wounded in battle, 224,580 deaths from disease and 30,192 deaths in Confederate prison camps, although these figures also are subject to some dispute. The best conjecture for Union Army wounded is 275,175.
Alignment: (generally speaking)
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Army
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

So yeah, Tyran asked me to write up the defeat of the First Wave. Feel free to take a quick breather, have the characters meet and whatnot. In the mean time, I'm writing up my next post, entering the One Ring.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

I have successfully taken my first step into modernizing George Washington.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 6:16 pm

Likewise, I have taken my own first steps to characterizing a piece of jewelry.

So yeah, my post is done.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

Aw, Rix, you destroyed the Pokemon universe. Now I'm going to have to do some weird universe sh!t (and write up another humorous post with Mr. Resetti) in order to recall some of my Pokemon!
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 7:52 pm

Don't worry, it's not destroyed. Chaos merely set up a rather sizable base in a few of their timelines. Besides, chronologically, DCI still needs to happen afterwards, so there's some proof of its survival.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

Whew, that was fun.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

I bet it was.

Of course, be wary about the 'reseting'. Chaos is using the negative space for base purposes. Reseting could easily make that base even bigger, and subsequently, Chaos even stronger.

Anyways, I have another post lined up, this one featuring what Sly has been up to all this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next