WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.

Go down 
+14
Patches
Snowy
metime00
DB
The Illusive Badger
Master of ImpZ
brendan
ron
Alex
TheNarrator
EropsToad
Rachel
lUN_Cat16
Tyranzilla
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
DB
User
DB

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 1:50 pm

I guess it's about time to bring my characters towards the action....
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 3:31 pm

I've also picked on a new prose style as you can tell, more tolkienian with the description to dialogue ratio.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/69964.page
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 4:47 pm

Sadly, I'm not sure I'll be able to get back into DCV at the moment. I currently have quite a bit going on irl, and most of my RPing time is currently being resided for Selfstuck. Really, I know this comes off as a pitifully weak excuse for being unable to partake in an RP I've invested a tonne of time into already, but I figured it would be better than just not responding completely.

As well, what with the absolutely astounding characterization of the plot and the sheer immensity of the setting, DC, DCV even more so, is an RP that begs for a bunch of people to partake in. And I mean, much, much more than the average RP. And sadly, truth of the matter is as we painfully found out over the late parts of Summer, RPP does not have that much people to divide all their time between several projects with one of them being DC.

I'm sorry, but between current projects and stuff away from the computer, I just don't have the kind of time currently to be active without being a hindrance. I wish the absolute best of luck to you, and hopefully look forward to returning to this grandiose project soon when I receive a break.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

My wife is looking into bringing in people from her circle of friends to help get things going. Also, I think that the official credits/closing theme for DC V will be Green ghost.

While the opening theme would be Chaos Rising.

Start with the oppressive grim darkness of Warhammer Forty Thousand, end with the relentlessly light heartedness of Homestuck. To go from a world where everyone and everything lives under cruel oppression and abject terror to one filled with youthful hope and optimistic liberty. From a place where hate and rage rule over all to a place where love and happiness can flourish.

...When did I become a philosopher?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Name: Judge Claude Frollo
Sex (if any): Male
Height (you can approximate): 6'1"
Weight (you can approximate): Average adult male weight
Description/Picture: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 200px-ClaudeFrollo
Universe: Disney (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Abilities: Minimal experience with swordplay, but has a seat of power over Paris.
Bio: "Judge Claude Frollo longed to purge the world of vice and sin,
Frollo saw corruption everywhere except within."
--Clopin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Frollo was a judge in France, in a time when Christianity was the dominant religion and people still burned "witches" at the stake. Frollo was very judgemental about gypsies, wanting to forever rid the world of them. As a result, Frollo has done several morally ambiguous things to reach his ultimate goal. However, he is not aware of his sin, and believes himself to be a holy man and a virtuous Christian.

One day, when a family of gypsies is trying to sneak through Paris, Frollo kills a mother and finds out that the "stolen goods" that she had supposedly carried were actually a baby (albeit a deformed one). Before Frollo could throw the baby into the well in front of Notre Dame, the archdeacon told Frollo of his sin and what he must do to make amends: care for the child, and raise it as his own. Frollo gave the child a cruel name, a name which means "half-formed:" Quasimodo.

Twenty years later, Frollo appoints a new Captain of the Guard, Phoebus, since his last one was "a bit of a disappointment" to him. He hopes to clear the gypsies out of Paris with Phoebus' help and go to Heaven when he dies. While attending the annual Festival of Fools, Frollo discovers a Gypsy dancer named Esmeralda, who attracts him with her beauty. Shortly afterwards, he discovers that Quasimodo left the bell tower and joined the Festival and was crowned the King of Fools. Frollo refuses to help Quasimodo when he is being publicly humiliated by the crowd in order to teach him a lesson even he refuses Phoebus' permission to stop it, and is enraged when a defiant Esmeralda decides to assist him instead. Esmeralda then ridicules and humiliates Frollo before claiming sanctuary within Notre Dame. That evening, Frollo is disturbed by his attraction to Esmeralda which he believes is turning him to sin and pleas the Virgin Mary to protect him from her "spell" and to let Esmeralda taste the fires of Hell. Upon learning from one of his guards that Esmeralda has escaped the cathedral, Frollo is enraged and begins a ruthless campaign to find her, burning down the houses of those that would shelter gypsies and interrogating the gypsies that were captured. He later attempts to execute an innocent family whom he suspects of collaborating with gypsies, but an appalled Phoebus intervenes and rescues them; Frollo declares Phoebus a traitor and attempts to execute him, but he is eventually rescued by Esmeralda after being left for dead.
Realizing Quasimodo assisted Esmeralda, Frollo convinces him that the Court of Miracles has been found and will eventually be attacked. A misled Quasimodo accompanies Phoebus to the Court, and Frollo and his army of thugs follow and arrest the gypsies. Frollo sees that Phoebus has survived and intends to "remedy it". He then sentences Esmeralda to execution. She refuses to become Frollo's mistress and is prepared to burn to death, but Quasimodo rescues her after she passes out and brings her to the cathedral.
Frollo gains entrance to the interior of the cathedral, directly defying the Archdeacon and flinging him down a flight of stairs. He then attempts to kill Quasimodo, resulting in a violent struggle in which Quasimodo throws Frollo to the floor and finally rejects all that Frollo had taught him. Quasimodo almost kills Frollo, but Esmeralda awakens, and Quasimodo rushes her to safety. Frollo chases them onto a balcony overlooking the city, slashing at them with his sword with Quasimodo unable to fight back due to protecting Esmeralda.
In his rage, Frollo reveals that he killed Quasimodo's mother and will now kill Quasimodo himself as he "should have done" twenty years ago. Frollo subsequently uses his cape to knock Quasimodo off of the balcony, but Quasimodo manages to hold on and ends up pulling Frollo along with him (but is unwilling to let him fall). Frollo dangles momentarily for his life, but he is soon able to climb on a gargoyle in perfect position to kill Esmeralda, who is attempting to save Quasimodo. However, as he raises his sword, the gargoyle that he is standing on starts to break and he falls, clinging on for dear life and dropping his sword. In his last moments, the face of the gargoyle come to life and demonically roars, terrifying Frollo as the gargoyle breaks off completely from the balcony and sends him falling to his death into a vast lake of molten lead created by Quasimodo, clearly meant to symbolize that his soul is now trapped in eternal damnation in the satanic fires of hell for all eternity as punishment for his actions and ending his tyranny once and for all. His soldiers are defeated by the citizens of Paris and the French forces.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Frollo
Faction Allegiance: Dark Alliance

Last edited by EropsToad on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

Frollo? Hm, I never really imagined the Hunchback characters being brought into this, seeing that most of them aren't really fighters, despite the fact that that's Disney's work that fits the RP perfectly, being the darkest and edgiest of their adaptions.

Due to Frollo basically being one of the most famous examples of Light Is Not Good, but at least knowledgeable enough not to get in line with the Obviously Evil Destroyers, I think he might fit a bit better as a Pre-Khorne Tourney Darkbringer, seeing that the Dark Alliance at this point hasn't gotten enough characterization to fall perfectly in the Grey, missing a lot of the varying personalities of the Minor Outer Gods that would compose it later on and instead being ruled more dominantly by the main three (the amoral Yog-Sothoth, The malevolent Unicron, and the ??? Lord English*). As such, the Judge would fit right in.

(*The ??? is mainly there due to some plot twists not being revealed yet. If English is Caliborn, then he'd easily be straight evil. However, this is Homestuck we're talking about: he probably will turn out to not even be a Cherub)
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Hmm, I guess you're right. I was having my doubts about that last part, I mean, Frollo was self-righteous, believed himself to follow the will of God, and would certainly not side himself with "pagan" deities, and definitely not demons of any sort.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 3:05 pm

Feel free to NPC the guards. As for the blueblood guard, assume that he's like the abomination, while he starts out a great deal stronger than hulk, he doesn't get stronger with anger, so just like how the Hulk beat the abomination in the 2008 movie, he'll eventually surpass the guard in power, though the guard will likely remain the more skilled fighter.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

You know what Toad...I feel like the Hulk and Chopper could sympathize with each other, since they both can turn into uncontrollable monsters.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

Maybe, while the Hulk is Banner.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

Well...Yeah. If he wasn't he would just smash Chopper.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

So does anyone want to make a post before I do?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:32 am

Actually, I was waiting for you, but thanks for the offer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 2:58 am

Hmm...anyone have any ideas on what I should post?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

You mean besides continuing Percy's duel?

...Not really...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

Something AMAZING.

Oh look, it's me, being a moron and posting here again.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

Silly Archy~
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:36 am

Sorry for the wait, I was lacking ideas for the next post. But there it is. It's short, but I believe it perfectly displays the nature of Sindri.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm

Thinking about joining. What's the story so far and what characters are taken?
Back to top Go down
Tyranzilla
User
Tyranzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 4:57 pm

MoonlightDreams wrote:

The characters taken...I could put a full length novel on that. It'd easily break the letter limit anyhow. I think you telling me what characters you have in mind and me checking if they're taken would be more efficient.

As for the story, do you want from start to finish (waaaay back when this started on the sporum) or just what would be relevant to your character?
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 9:28 am

The Tyrant wrote:
MoonlightDreams wrote:

The characters taken...I could put a full length novel on that. It'd easily break the letter limit anyhow. I think you telling me what characters you have in mind and me checking if they're taken would be more efficient.

As for the story, do you want from start to finish (waaaay back when this started on the sporum) or just what would be relevant to your character?
Well I was thinking that since POMH never got anywhere, i could just use those characters here. So Anarchy Stocking (and maybe Panty too), Trogdor the Burninator, Mr. Game and Watch, Kazumi, Splash Drop (an OC who also appeared in Downwards, I thibk that was the name), Jacob Splaat (the Klasky-Csupo closing logo. Yes he has a name and I am choosing him), Ika Musume, and (probably not a good idea) the members of the band Nightwish from around 2002-2005. I actually don't think any of those are taken, and some of them might not survive a minute save maybe Panty and Stocking, Trogdor, Kazumi, and Jacob Splaat (cuz he so scary and has a OWA form), but that's my list.

As for the story, go over the previous parts really fast but elaborate on the current situations.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

Game and Watch is already taken. Sorry...
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

EropsToad wrote:
Is this crossed out because you were wrong? If you aren't, no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

Name: Light Yagami
Sex (if any): Male
Height (you can approximate): 5'8
Weight (you can approximate): 119 Lbs
Description/Picture:
Spoiler:
Universe: Death Note
Abilities: If he knows a human's name and face he can write their name down in the Death Note to either kill them via 40-second heart attack or another cause, situation, and time of death.
Bio:
Spoiler:

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Link: http://deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Yagami
Faction Allegiance:Unaligned
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 3:08 pm

MoonlightDreams wrote:
EropsToad wrote:
Is this crossed out because you were wrong? If you aren't, no biggie.

No, I'm serious. Game and Watch is taken.

(Although, this is a pretty weird RP. We have three Marios running around: normal Mario, paper Mario, and the Hotel Mario Mario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.    Dimensional Clash V: The OOC.  We're back!  We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.  - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimensional Clash V: The OOC. We're back! We're looking for new players, don't worry, we'll get you up to speed.
Page 21 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next