WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

Technological Syngularity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

"I do not wish to work with SIDOS. I do not know why, I simply don't" Rook answered Roz's question after a moment. Not a direct answer though, she turned back to Casey "We may ask more question as we move. Decreased chance of survival the longer we stay here, moving is the most logical solution."

((Short again, bleh))
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 2:49 am

((Removed))
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 2:51 am

"Yeah, SIDOS controls them now if he wants, and yes, we do have to go through that level, even if we take these stairs to the bottom, the bottom layer is actually the level where they did that... They must have gotten up to the higher levels..." Jake frowned, wondering how overrun the bottom floor must have been. "When we go lower down we'll have to be much more careful... It won't be safe... But, we will have to move on, they'll find us here sooner or later..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good, I think I can trust you... But yeah, we'll have to find a better place, this is not a safe place to be anymore. Our best idea is at a lower level. Maybe at Genetics, that is the farthest down I know of though. I personally haven't been there before, but I do know that we will probably have a better chance at surviving down there, I don't think that they will have made it so that SIDOS can control them, but we'll have to be ready for anything..." ROZ shook his robotic head like how a normal person would, and laughed in his human-ish robotic voice.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

"Yeah, Genetics seems like our best option right now. Floor three, correct?" Casey started to walk.

BOOM!

The wall beside them exploded in a blast of red-hot flames, launching A51 into the opposing wall and shooting Casey down the hall. A penetrating thud hit his head as he struck the ground. A searing pain cut into his left shoulder. Clenching his teeth, Casey called for the others. "Rook! Roz! A51! Come on! We need to get off of this floor!" Casey looked up. A51 lay on the ground. He wasn't terribly damaged, but his circuits were short-circuited. Grimacing, Casey dragged himself up and walked over to A51, picking him up in his right arm. "Let's go!" Casey shouted over the ringing in his ear and he started to move down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 12:55 pm

((Removed: Sorry 'bout the double post))

((EDIT: That was Tahuu. Him and I are brothers, and he keeps forgetting to log off of me XP))

Last edited by Krazzulimaii on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

ROZ quickly checked his circuits to make sure that none of them were broke, thankfully they were all still in good condition. How did that happen? As he wondered this he picked himself up off of the floor and moved over to check on Rook. "You okay?" He nodded and waited for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

Nicholas curled his lower lip over his upper, frowning pensively.

"Excuse me for a minute."

He lurched over the railing and evacuated his stomach for the second time that day.

Thus refreshed, Nicholas resumed a bipedal position and promptly began marching down the flight of stairs. "Well, we best get moving. The drones will find this place eventually, and I'll take death by kitty over certain death by robot any day."

Nicholas paused, marched back up the steps, picked up his lamp, and restarted his descent.

[[I join the short post club.]]
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 4:42 am

((YAY! Short posts FTW!))

"Yeh, it'll be best, but I'll make sure I don't step in that stuff you just dumped down the stairs." Jake laughed slightly, trying to lighten the mood even more, because he knew that the robots would probably be more merciful than any of the creatures that they would come across. He began following Nick, though he did not walk in a marching-ish way.

Dr. Ez closed his eyes with his head over the railing. "Ugh, I hate... Huck up..." He shuddered and then began following the other two and was soon absorbed in his own thoughts about SIDOS and the other robots and what they may find down at the bottom of the levels.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

They walked quite a ways in silence. Most of the time, Nicholas' thoughts were packed full of speculation as to the nature of these creatures... he most certainly did not relish an encounter.

"We should try and find the security station on the next level... they may have some weapons we can use."

He lifted the lamp awkwardly. "This thing's served me well for years, but as a lighting source only. A handgun would be preferred, agree...?"

Nicholas paused. "Not exactly sure where the thing is, but there's one on each level and we're near a landing now. Might actually be Genetics... in which case, we shoulder hurry."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

"Yes, we should... ah, it is one of the Genetic levels. See right there?" Jake pointed to a small symbol on the door showing a strand of DNA. "That's how I know." Opening the door slowly, Jake readied himself for whatever may be through the closed door. As he opened it, he realized something, there was no one in it. "Where is everyone?"

Dr. Ez followed in silence, enveloped in his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

After a brief pause, Nicholas held up his desk lamp like a baseball bat and followed the two men through the doorway.

They were in a well-lit gray hallway - it was oddly quiet. About five hundred feet ahead of them, the corridor ended, branching off to the right and left. Doors lined the walls at irregular intervals on either side of Nicholas as he brought up the end of the trio.

"...oddly quiet... I think these are offices, but where has everyone gone? Deeper, to escape SIDOS?"

He peered into each open door, looking for signs of struggle, but reassuringly everything seemed in order.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

Jake shook his head, "I don't think it would be that... though it may be... I think the weapons stash is over by the pens where the deadly animals are kept, so that if we needed to we could quickly access the weapons. And that may be... on the left corridor I think..." Jake began striding forwards to the end of the corridor.

Dr. Ez looked behind the trio and nearly shouted in fright, there was a creature behind them, with hate filling its eyes, making them seem to be on fire. "Ru-RUN!" He turned around and began sprinting away.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 11:20 pm

"Alright, cool, we're almost there." Nicholas relaxed a bit, breathed a sigh of relief, and strode down the hallway behind Jake. "Pretty soon we'll actually be equipped to surv-"

He jump at Ez's warning and glanced over his shoulder. From the brief look he got of the creature, it seemed that his earlier observation was correct - the creature looked to be approximately seventy million feet tall and covered in death.

Regardless of the accuracy of this statement, Nicholas shouted a seldom-used profanity, dropped his precious lamp in terror and was off like a shot after Jake and Dr. Ez.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

Jake turned around as he heard the other two running towards him. "Wha-? WHOA! RUN!" He spun around and began pounding away from the beast chasing after them.

Dr. Ez was at the head of the trio now and slammed into the wall. Stunned, he began moving to the left corridor, hoping to be able to keep away from the murderous beast.

((Don't worry, he won't die here.))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

"Ez! Come on, man!" Nicholas doubled back and pulled Dr. Ez forward, hoping to give him a boost. The beast was right behind them.

"Jake! Where's this station?!" he shouted, legging it as fast as he could. He regretted throwing the lamp away now, as even though it would be useless in melee combat, it could at least serve as a minor distraction.

Ah well. It had been a faithful lamp, and it did not deserve a death by murderbeast.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 2:04 am

"Over at the end of this hallway! Right by the cages!" Jake was sprinting as fast as he could, and was losing his stamina fast, he only could hope they would reach the weapons before the beast could catch up to them.

Dr. Ez snapped back and began sprinting as well. "Hurry! Its catching up!" He put on extra speed and began pulling Nick instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 3:23 am

Gasping for breath now, but not daring to slow his pace, Nicholas struggled along behind Dr. Ez. He could feel the beast's hot breath on his neck and redouble his efforts.

The thing roared. Nicholas could see the station up ahead, and, putting on a final burst of speed, dove inside after Jake and Dr. Ez.

The door appeared to be too narrow for the creature to fit through in its entirety, but it quickly began to slash at the doorframe with terrible power - soon, it would be capable of forcing its way inside.

"Please tell me the guards left us some guns..."
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

Casey grunted as he slowly walked, holding A51. Looking back at the destroyed wall, he could see something he didn't expect, and most certainly didn't like.

Fire.

Eyes wide with horror, he started to walk faster. "Come on Rook and Roz! We gotta go!" he hollered. With propane and other gases, there were bound to be more explosions. The fire currently was not large. It was just some patches of fire here and there spread across the floor. But, with any more explosions, it could be disastrous. With recent incidents, Casey wasn't surprised if the fire was caused by SIDOS. In fact, it almost certainly was.

A safe distance away from the fire, Casey began working on A51. It was an easy fix, bringing his circuits back to life, and when he was done, A51 wearily opened his eyes and started to propel himself back to a comfortable altitude.
((Yeah, it's short, but I had to post something))
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 4:59 pm

"Uh... uh... Oh yeah, over here!" Jake moved over to one side of the room and opened a drawer containing four weapons, with three of them being massive tranquilizers. He grabbed two of the tranquilizers and the needles for them, and tossed the only gun over to Nicholas. "Catch!"

Dr. Ez hurried over to the drawer and grabbed the remaining weapon, as well as the remaining ammo. "I got your extra bullets Nick!" He loaded his tranquilizer and aimed at the beast. Suddenly he felt like his leg was exploding, the beast had a tail that had smashed through the wall and hit his leg. He dropped to the floor, causing the tranquilizer to shoot off at the retreating tail of the creature and emptied its contents into the tail, rendering it useless for the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"C'mon Rook! We gotta hurry! This place is gonna blow!" ROZ stood began moveing in the direction Casey and A51 had went.

((Short post is still short. C'mon Dragockon, we need you to post! ;P ))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

Nicholas fumbled for the weapon and managed to snatch it out of the air. As quickly as one with trembling hands could manage, he pointed it directly at the maw of the beast, which was snapping viciously as its tail lashed by and caught Dr. Ez in the leg. For one reason or another - mostly because this was Nicholas' first time ever firing a gun - he hesitated, attempting to steady the shaking weapon, to no avail.

As Dr. Ez shot the creature's tail, Nicholas made eye contact with the thing - he saw savage anger, blind fury. He pulled the trigger.

The gun made a small clicking sound. Nicholas swore again. "Ammo, Ez! Hurry!"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

Dr. Ez reached into his pocket, falling in and out of conciousness, and grabbed some bullets. He handed the bullets over to Nicholas, and fainted right on the floor.

Jake realized that Dr. Ez had just fainted and grabbed some darts for his tranquillizers, and aimed at the beast, he shot at the back left leg, causing it to wobble, not quite falling to the floor yet, but it probably would soon, especially if Nicholas was able to shoot and kill it. "C'mon, work..." He silently begged the creature's legs to give out so it would be stuck on the floor for a while.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 8:07 pm

Rook vision was blured for a moment quickly it cleared and he pushed herself up off the floor. “What happened?” She asked she sensed fire; errors where pounding in her thoughts and she struggled to push them aside as she tried to think. She stumbled forward a moment but quickly gain her balance.

((Not completely sure whats happening sorry))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

Taking the clip from Dr. Ez, Nicholas attempted to load the gun. He was, however (and perfectly understandably) in a bit of a hurry, and he dropped the clip once before successfully loading it.

The beast had ripped most of the door off of its hinges now and was rapidly forcing its way inside, numb leg hanging limply from its joint.

This time, when Nicholas pulled the trigger, the gun made a sound. The creature wailed and recoiled, but was resuming its assault on the doorway in less than a second.

"Keep pouring it on!" Nicholas shouted - quite unaware of Ez's current state - and fired again.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 10:58 pm

Jake looked quickly down at Dr. Ez and realized he would be no use for them right now. Quickly turning back, he loaded another dart and aimed at another leg, this one a front leg ripping at the door frame. He shot the dart, and it bounced off harmlessly. He quickly reloaded and shot another part of the creature, but to no avail. It somehow could adapt quickly. So quickly that he would need a sharper dart tip than what he had. "Crap! We need shaper darts! These don't get through any more somehow!" He continued to try to find a place that may be weak, and he spotted it. The mouth. It opened its mouth every so often, revealing a giant easy target, but he doubted he could do it fast enough because the mouth clamped shut quickly every time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good, let's hurry!" ROZ yelled at Rook as he caught up with Casey and A51.

((Explosion, they got a bit damaged if ya want them to, gas around them likely to explode soon, they gotta hurry.))
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

"Hurry where?" Rook said running after him "What happened?" She asked but as she spoke it she suddenly figure out why they were running. There was gas...
Lots and lots of gas.

Gas + Fire = Bad

((lol, okay thanks))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next