WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

Technological Syngularity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

"I think... first we need to find any other survivors. The greater the numbers, the easier it will be to ward off additional attacks from those robots." Not for the first time, Casey wished he had taken more time to study that fallen robot.

"Elevator.." A51 absently spoke as he glided alongside Casey. A51 was right. An elevator was right to the side.

"The elevator! That's it! There were a ton of people in it when we left. And with SIDOS in control of floor one..." Casey felt a shiver run down his spine. SIDOS wouldn't have let those passengers run away, would it? "We have to go back."

"Wait..." A51's small radio wire hummed. "No, I can't find anything."

Regret pummelled Casey. They could've saved them, if they hadn't left, they might have been able to save them. Then again, SIDOS may just be holding them off from communication.

"Come on. No point going back." Casey and A51 started down the halls.
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:03 pm

As she the unite Rook, or thats what her mind said to call herself she felt human at lest in a sense but then she had very little intelligence of humans. As she stepped into the halls of the building or underground compound she knew not which. As she did and took a look around her with her one eye she spotted something; a man with white-ish skin and dark brown hair was walking or more of a trotting not quiet running down one of the halls across from her not more then two yards away. From the looks of it he had something else with him, a feeling of curious came over here, but at its source was the need to learn what was happening. And so she approached
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 3:37 pm

ROZ hurried to catch up to Casey. "Hey, Casey, wait up for me. I don't feel like being left behind for SIDOS and his other bots." Noticing A51 again, he asked it a question, "So, who are you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's your grand idea?" Dr. Ez followed Jake to the door leading into the secret hallway again.

"I'm gonna have to distract the creatures inside here somehow and then we can bolt to the door at the end of it going to the stairwell." Jake grabbed a hold of the handle, "Ready? One, two, three!" He swung open the door to and empty hallway. "Wha... what? Where is everything? No matter, we still have to hurry." He pulled Dr. Ez to their destination and into the stairway. "Don't look down, but we'll have to go that way. If you slip, you are dead."

Dr. Ez gulped and nodded, "Okay."
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

((I'm sorry I should have mentioned that the man Rook saw was Casey, my mistake sorry bout that))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:58 pm

Nicholas, having awoken several minutes after falling through the ceiling of a co-worker's office, found himself in much the same predicament he had just narrowly escaped.

He took a few seconds to vomit all over the nearest floor, which happened to be the one he was kneeling on, before finding the strength to rise to his feet.

There was a very, very annoying earthquake in his head, and every moment or so he found himself back on all fours after a blink of darkness. Nevertheless, Nicholas eventually made it to what appeared to be the door to the office.

He pulled himself into a sitting position and closed his eyes, focusing on breathing. The pain eventually subsided. This allowed Nicholas to begin taking stock of the situation.

There did not appear to be any immediate threat - no robotic feet clanked down the corridors, at least, none that he could hear. However, Nicholas did think for an instant that he could make out a pair of human voices echoing down the hallway...

A weapon.

He blinked. As if he had any chance of surviving this hellhole. A dull throb still sat in the back of his mind.

Hoisting himself to his feet once more, he managed to keep his balance and began ransacking the office for supplies. Grabbing a rather solid and trusty-looking lamp, Nicholas set off down the corridor as quickly as he dared - eventually coming to the passageway leading to the hidden stairwell.

The people I heard must be using this for escape. Maybe I can catch up to them.

Lamp held high with what he hoped was menace, Nicholas began limping down the stairs...
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:31 pm

"Wait, I think I hear something, or someone." Jake stopped Dr. Ez in their descent. "Hello?" He called up to whoever was above them. "Anyone here? Do you need help?"

Dr. Ez began slowly moving towards the sound of the... limping? person. "I'll be careful, don't worry," He assured Jake.

(Tiny post is tiny)
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

Nicholas paused for a moment before answering.

"Nicholas Mason. Who are you?"

Sweating now, he tightened his grip on the lamp and waited for a reply. Perhaps it was a trick? Perhaps they were more of SIDOS' drones?

...come to think of it, Nicholas hadn't really come to terms with what was going on. SIDOS had clearly gone rogue, but how was that possible? He remained frozen to the spot, half-concentrating and half-panicking still.

[[Yeah, large posts can be difficult when character interaction is needed to progress : P]]
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr 2012, 6:18 pm

The drones started leaving the chamber, collecting more supplies. Back inside, SIDOS had a makeover, cables from the walls ripped out and plugged directly into SIDOS, computer towers and servers moved and integrated into his systems. Cameras, some webcams, others security cameras, even some cell phone cameras, all attached to the tower now that is SIDOS. He had sight. SIDOS got to work, integrating all of the facility into his core processors. It would all be his.

Throughout the system, he communicated to every single machine in the facility.

"Find me the humans. Alive or dead, but keep their bodies. Take them to the cryogenics lab. I will need them. Also, find the cooling storage unit, for project Double Helix, a human was moving it. Bring it to me..."

And with that, the machines set off, all across the facility, collecting the humans, dead or alive, and also looking for the mysterious storage unit.

----------

Darius sat back in his recliner, in some small room. Perfectly insulated, was made to withstand a nuclear war, some form of personal bunker. Inside, he was safe, and let his plan move forward.
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr 2012, 9:47 pm

Unit 003 Paperweight gazes upon SIDOS with its central viewport, examining and almost admiring the powerful unit before it. Flashing purple once more then returning to its yellow coloring, Paperweight moves out to carry out it's commander's orders....

And once out of sight, immediately disconnects itself from the larger unit.

The shadows in corners of hallways surround it in darkness; it illuminates the blackness that increases with each level it downs. Stealth such as this, stealth only a well-made, well-oiled machine could achieve, is its specialty.

((Bluh post is bluh.))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 2:56 am

((So sorry I haven't posted, I've been really busy these past few days. I promise I'll post ASAP))
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 3:41 am

"Oh, I heard of you I think! I'm Jake Hawk, and the man coming towards you is Dr. Ez was it?" Jake directed the last portion of the sentence to Dr. Ez.

"Yes, I'm Dr. Ez."

"Well, I need to know if it is safe upwards, cause I'm thinking We'll have to move downwards. Want us to meet up with you?" Jake directed towards Nicholas Mason. As he said this he began moving towards where he was. Surprisingly he was calmer than most would be if what had happened to him had happened to most other people, he was used to his world falling apart because of his old home being destroyed, and he didn't really trust any of the implanted animals any more than he would trust a liar that he knew was lying.

Dr. Ez on the other hand was constantly in shock even though he didn't quite seem like it. He though that SIDOS and the other robots were incorruptible, that they would never turn on anyone, but his world had been turned upside down in not too long of a time. He moved like he normally would, but his mind was half numb and half in a flurry of thoughts barraging his brain. How could this have happened? What was wrong with SIDOS? What was different about ROZ that let him stay away from SIDOS's influence? Will we survive this? How much does SIDOS control already? Is ROZ safe? These are only a few of the many thoughts flying about in his head.

((Krazz! I need you to post with Casey and A51, ROZ is frozen without you doing anything!))
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

The unite known as Rook approached the humans more after a moment of looking at them she knew them as ‘Casey’ though she knew not how she knew this; there was another person but he was hidden by shadow slightly. She had the slight feeling they were dangers but she needed to learn what was going on and why they looked afraid of something. She did the only thing she could though some might call it a stupid idea. She came from her hiding spot and approached them; and in her calmest non-robotic voice she could muster said “Excuse me, do you know what is going on? Is something wrong?” She tried to sound like a simple lost female human so they wouldn’t run away the instant they heard her. But of course she didn’t look like a human in anyway.

(Sorry not sure what to post at the time so...))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 5:37 pm

"Jake Hawk...Ez..." Nicholas mumbled, staring into space. He did recall hearing the names tossed around a few times. Perhaps Nicholas had stolen one of their lunches on occasion.

"Yes. Yes, let us rendezvous," he said, louder this time, and resumed his descent.

Several moments later found the party united on the stairwell. Nicholas sized up his new allies and decided that there could be worse people to combat a superintelligent AI with. He lowered the lamp to his side.

"Pardon my bluntness, friends, but do either of you happen to know what the devil is going on? SIDOS wasn't supposed to go rogue, now, was it...?" The unspoken question was, of course, what are we ever going to do to survive against those hordes of drones - but it seemed rather morbid to be put into words.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 8:01 pm

((Does she look like a robot or human?))
Casey spun to look at the robot, his eyes intense. Meeting another evil robot guard would not be ideal. Casey's hand went instinctively to the gun he collected from the former guard. When he instead found a seemingly confused and disoriented robot, he was at a loss for words. Instead, A51 spoke up.

"We don't know much, miss, but we know SIDOS has terribly malfunctioned. What else we know is that he is taking control of robots and turning them against the scientists. I also happen to know that you came from the direction of the main chamber." A51 glared at the female robot.

Casey finally spoke. "Relax, A51. If she was evil, she had her chance to ambush us while we were walking. What I want to know is who are you?" Casey pointed at the robot that had caught up with them before the newest one. "and who are you?" Casey pointed at the female robot they had just met.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 8:37 pm

((She looks robot, just with a human-ish voice))
Rook paused to think before speaking again, "I am known as Rook, I picked the name myself because they called me a Rookie robot many years ago. I was turn on again, and I have noticed something is wrong. What is SIDOS? And why has SIDOS done this? If you know the answer it is in my programing to find out." she answered, looking at Casey and she added "I have no intention of hurting you or anyone else unless with good resend or in self defense." She said her voice slowly changed back to its normal robotic sound it was more natural for her.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 9:11 pm

ROZ stopped as he realized that there had been another robot. "Well, I'm ROZ. Thanks for being so welcoming."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Ez tried to answer the question, it helped clear his head of the confused tangle. "Well... Uh... I don't know what happened. No, it shouldn't of gone rogue, so I don't know anything for that, but I do know that we probably have no chance of survival because as far as I know, they were going to give him full access of the facility, which I truthfully don't know. I only know of the first two levels, the Geneticist level and the Robotics level. Lower than those is just a blank space in my mind. Maybe we will have a chance, we do have a FEW robots with us... I think... Man, I hope ROZ hasn't joined SIDOS cause I don't think I'd be able to dispose of him..." He shook his head after this last thought.

Jake's brow furrowed and he turned to Dr. Ez, "So, who is this ROZ you are talking about? Obviously he's a robot, but what is so special? Do you get attached to your little robot friends?" Not giving him a chance to reply he turned to Nicholas, "So, Nick, my level at the moment is infested with implanted creatures, which I don't know the limits of their strength, and I don't know about any other floors, so where do you come from? What section? 'Cause I do recognize you, but not much more than that. Perhaps I saw you at a lunch break maybe?" Well, three of us gives us a higher of living a bit longer, but I still think we ain't gonna live for too long...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROZ looked back over his shoulder to see if any guard bots were following them, thankfully he couldn't see any as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

"My office is in Robotics, but I work in Bio Tech." Nicholas looked over his shoulder, suddenly nervous. "Implanted creatures? Are they... dangerous?"

Now that he thought about it, Nicholas did seem to recall hearing reports of odd experiments, but SIDOS had been his primary concern and he didn't often pay much else any heed. Except for lunch. Lunch was amazing.

"Where are we headed, anyway...? Should we head for the surface and try to escape, assuming SIDOS hasn't locked us all in?"
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 10:44 pm

"Don't mention it," Casey said sideways to Roz. He turned his attention back to Rook. "Anyway, I'll give you what details I know. SIDOS is an impossibly complex and intricate AI system that was supposed to help everything. But, as soon as SIDOS got booted up, it turned rogue, killing scientists. We just managed to escape. As far as we know, SIDOS only controls this level. He gained access to all robots directly connected to the first level of the facility. At least, that's what I reckon. I don't know what other access it might have."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:12 am

"Yeh, the implanted creatures are dangerous, those of us performing the experiments always had to have robots to do everything for us after the first scientist was brutally killed. They always turn vicious for a while after being implanted and will destroy anything they can get close to, so the robots are usually those that are going to be destroyed anyways. We implant them so that we can control them so that they have no chance of going into a rage and killing even more than they normally do. We've lost quite a few scientists to them." Jake shook his head as he remembered all of the dead scientists from the implants. Some of the scientists had been able to escape getting killed, but they were mentally scarred for the rest of their lives from the horrifying experience.

Dr. Ez nodded, remembering that he had seen Nick once when he had been wandering through Robotics. "Yeah, I've seen ya, wondered what you worked in though. Other than seeing you around in your office, I wouldn't see you for a long time while you were working on... Bio-technology."
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 7:46 am

"I see." Rook said to Casey, she wasn't sure herself what she thought of humans. But she didn't like this SIDOS already, or maybe that was just part of her programing. Who knew really, it didn't matter. She then asked "So then what is your plan of escape from SIDOS?" her voice now settled on a electronic deep tone, ever so slightly higher making her sound more female but still very electronic sounding.

She glanced at Roz but said nothing, not sure what to make of him yet.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

"Kill it!" Shouted A51 excitedly. However, a stern glance from Casey told him this was not the time.

"I'm not quite sure. I don't know what he controls," Casey explained. "For now, I think we just need to keep moving, try to find some stairs. A51, can you pull up a map? And Roz... what the heck are you? What's your primary function?"

A51's radio wire started to hum.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

>New gaol for unite
> " keep moving, try to find some stairs"
>Error 3338475939823.94839392 is not valid

Rook pushed the error aside annoyed that it had to remind her again. "Okay. We should keep moving then." She said "Thank you for your answers, I suggest we stay together. There is a higher percentage that we will live longer." She added a moment later.

((Short I know. Sorry))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

((Removed.))
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

ROZ turned back over to Casey. "My... primary function, as you call it, is to learn, retrieve, and send messages. I have been programmed to recognize everything that may be of use later on and store the information in my photographic memory banks." He looked over his shoulder once again to make sure that no one was following them. "Good, no one coming after us yet." Remembering how the other bots were affected by SIDOS, he asked a question to himself, “Why was I not affected like the rest of them? Why doesn’t SIDOS control me?” Then he realized what could be the answer, “Maybe it’s ‘cause I have been programmed to move so far from the facility that I have to be separate from the rest of it so that I can move that far… Or I have to be separate so that if I am caught I can’t give away any information about what I don’t know of the facility…”

He looked over at the odd new robot, the one called Rook. He didn’t know if he could trust her. Who knew how smart SIDOS was? Maybe he knew how to make it seem like robots weren’t with him but were! His eyes narrowed as he peered at her, trying to figure out if she was a spy of some kind. She didn’t seem like one, but one could never be too careful, that was one thing that Dr. Ez had taught him in the first hour of his activation. He then decided to ask her if she was hooked up with SIDOS,, just as a question to try to throw her off balance. “Are you working with SIDOS or not?” His question was blunt, but it was easiest that way. He didn’t want to be mean or cruel; it just seemed like the best idea at this time. He would much rather have just learned to know the other robot over a while, but it was not the time for that, he had to know now.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 7:25 pm

Nicholas gave an involuntary shudder, almost dropping his lamp. "R-right... Say... we don't have to go through that level to get to wherever we're going, do we...?"

He had seen one of the monsters once. Perhaps exaggeration comes with age of the memory in question, but he remembered it being seventy million feet tall and covered from head to toe in death.

Nicholas shook his head, and that seemed to clear things up.

That must have been decades ago, when he was still taking odd jobs from the higher-up scientists. He would have been on the Genetics level to fetch something that a man, much like his present self, was too scared to retrieve in person.

A thought struck Nicholas.

"If those things are implanted to sedate them... does that mean SIDOS can control the things now?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next