WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)

Go down 
+4
DB
Admiral Ji
Szemetlada
Surprise
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) Empty
PostSubject: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

Okay, so a few people said they were interested in this as a concept, so the idea of this RP is that it takes place during the lunar revolution 1000 years before the show. We're going to be the Elements of Harmony during this period, and we're going to be "used" by Celestia to defeat Nightmare Moon. Details will be worked out as we go, but I expect some of us will be essentially military personnel(particularly Loyalty and Generosity) and we'll banish instead of curing her because we saw enough evil during the months(or years!) of the war that we hated her too much to see curing her as an option.

Jourteon wrote:

Name: Cursive Writ
Cutiemark: 3 books, 2 stacked atop one another with the third leaning on them from the right. Represents writing ability and a love of telling stories.
Element: Laughter
Type: Pegasus
Description: Cursive is a pure white stallion with a black mane and tail. He is a little short for his size, and a moderately strong flyer.
Special ability: (this will be for anything like Pinkie Sense, the Stare, Twilight's magic ability, Rainbooms) Dangerously Genre Savvy.
Personality: (to be filled in as I go)
Job: Traveling minstrel/ bard

Jiodude wrote:
Name: Check Mate
Cutiemark: A black king chess piece.
Element: Honesty
Type: Unicorn
Description: Check is a thistle stallion with purple eyes and a celestial blue mane as well as tail. He is slightly taller than those in his age bracket, but is thinner, having done little manual work or labor.
Special ability: Expert Tactician.
Personality: I'm working on this. Pretty determinator and at-all-cost-y though.
Job: in training for court position, military officer

DB wrote:
Name: Postal Rose
Cutiemark: A scroll tied with a red ribbon and a writing quill.
Element: Loyalty
Type: Earth Pony
Description: Postal clearly isn't a pony of bright colors. Her coat is a plain dark beige and her mane and tail are brown with mixes of a creamy white. Her hooves and mane are slightly unkempt because of her lower class. (I quickly made her in an OC maker to fight my boredom) If you weren't able to tell by her name Postal Rose is in charge of delivering written messages, oral reports and parcels. While she has been given some pretty important tasks she has never had the honor of bringing messages to the Palace.
Special ability:
Personality: Postal Rose knows her place in society. She shows respect to ponies of higher social status, such as unicorns and Pegasus, and is a very strong follower of the Princesses believing that they will end the suffering of the lower class. But until then she does what she is told. Around other Earth Ponies she is easygoing and friendly.

Jokie155 wrote:
Name: Balestra Fleche.
Cutiemark: Crossed fencing swords atop red lightning bolt.
Element: Generosity.
Type: Unicorn.
Description: Silver in colour (grey if need be), she bears a contrasting thick maroon mane and tail that compliments the red bolt of her cutie mark.
Special ability: Power Jump.
Personality: I can't really be bothered to try and follow something I've already set beforehand in detail. -In Development-

MataRahi wrote:
Name: Hat Trick
Cutiemark: A silver peace sign, gilded with green, blue, and pink
Element: Kindness
Type: Earth pony
Description: Hat Trick's short fur is pure black - with the exception of his mane, which is a vibrant forest green, and tended to with the utmost care to produce the deepest, most attractive hue possible. He commonly wears a comely gray fedora, adorned with sky-blue ribbon, and his eyes are a pleasant and inquisitive neon green.
Spoiler:
Special ability: Settling arguments
Personality: Hat Trick is a curious eccentric who has developed a humble fascination with the world around him. He is pleasant, if a bit scatterbrained, to talk to, yet spends as much time in the company of his collection of hats and odd jewelry as he does with his friends. Hat Trick may always be relied upon to help out a friend. He may be brave - though pacifistically so - but is more commonly fearful; he may be serious, but is more commonly composing love sonnets to plants or inanimate objects.
Job: Local trinket/oddity pawner

MoonlightDreams wrote:
Name: Strange Brew
Cutiemark: A gray metal cauldron with green bubbling stuff on the inside.
Element: Magic
Description: Strange's coat is a dark gray, almost black even (but not quite). Her mane has gigantic swoops in two shades of orange. Her eyes are brown.
Special ability: Uses a wand made out of the substance unicorn horn is made of. And magic, of course. And flight, but that's practically a given.
Personality: Generally happy, has shades of mild snootiness and a subtle taste for the macabre and mystical. Sometimes falls into trances.
Job: None really, more of a freelancing magician/witch/alchemist/guy

If anyone else wants to join they can be random non-element ponies.

Last edited by Joural on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:25 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

Ooooh! This might be fun. :3

I'd join!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:36 pm

Do you have anything to add, at all?

Also, moon made it clear I should clarify- this is an alternate universe. If things go differently, then things go differently. I am perfectly okay with any amount of plot twists turning this into a clusterfuck of MSPA proportions.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:56 pm

So we'll each play as a different pony symbolizing an Element of Harmony?

What iiiiiiiiiif we have six Elements of Discord, or something, and some of us can play as those? And they'd be like. Soldiers under Nightmare Moon, or something. owo;
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 10:05 pm

goddamit, no. the counterpart to harmony is not chaos, it's imbalance. Harmony:balance.

I don't have a problem with excess players playing on either side(though if we start doing that I'm bringing in Star Gazer. You will not like Star Gazer.)
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

Oooh okay. I guess I just assumed they were antonyms >w<; sorreh.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm

no, the opposite of discord is... well, I don't know if discord has one. Discord is specifically HARMFUL chaos, and I don't think we have a word for HELPFUL order, though I suppose law is close.

Also, it's totes obvious that harmony is a balance of both when you consider that Pinkie is an element of Harmony. Clearly the embodiment of Chaos, within the Elements, while Twilight is the embodiment of Order.

I've actually got this little pet theory that each of the elements is more or less just a simplified version of a positive aspect of the various forces it balances- Magic is order, because it is controlled by rigid rules, Laughter is Chaos, Generosity is Selflessness, Loyalty is Self Worth(note that Rainbow's loyalty is intrinsically tied to her sense of worth- if she didn't see herself as valuable she wouldn't see any reason to stick around), Kindness and Honesty I haven't figured out yet, but presumably they work to balance one another as well.

There's a ton of things in the show to back this up- Rarity has fragile self worth, and puts stock almost entirely in how others see her- see suited for success- and is willing to do anything for someone else, regardless of her feelings(I can't remember the episode name, but the one with photo finish. also suited for success), while Rainbow is more likely to put stock in herself- she "won't leave ponyvile hanging" because Ponyville needs her- if they didn't, or she thought they didn't, she wouldn't stick around because of loyalty to the place- she'd drift off. She takes great joy in validation, but it isn't what she needs to get by- the one example of her seeking validation for her actions(aside from sonic rainboom) is "Mysterious Mare do Well", and she doesn't set out with that goal, it just kind of happens, and she loves it so much she starts focusing on it more than she should. Rarity, meanwhile, is easily brought down by others perspective of her- see how quickly she was swayed in sonic rainboom, causing her to enter the best young fliers competition to receive praise, and how she changes her behavior and lies about her friends in that stupid episode with "the kind of pony" or whatever that awful song was called.
Also, Twilight can't understand Pinkie, because order cannot perceive chaos, but she can accept her because order can accept and even plan around chaos. Describing Pinkie's relationship with Twi would keep me here all day, so suffice to say that she gets Twi, and that chaos contains order within itself.

fuuuuuck son, I am WORDY.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 1:07 am

Well, kindness would be a force that sought to do good, even if in doing so one must be dishonest. Is it more kind to a person to tell a lie that doesn't hurt, or give them a painful truth, even if in this hypothetical situation the outcome of both is the same, just how you inform them.

Honesty would represent the flipside here too. Being kind doesn't matter, what needs to be done and told needs to be done and told. This is the conviction to kindness' compassion. Honesty is about doing what needs to be done, and accepting that sometimes it hurts.

That said, might join, don't know. Magic seems like a fun element... but so does Honesty now that I've reasoned it out my own way. Either way, Unicorn power.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:44 am

pffft, pegassus all the way. I'ma fly!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 9:36 am

Who needs flight when you've got maaaaagic?

Either way we can agree... poor, poor earth ponies.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 11:05 am

Yeah, leave it to the filthy earth ponies to make being awful into an art form.

... You know something? We're making that a thing in this. Racism is rampant in the world during the war. Makes perfect sense to me. Obviously Laughter and Kindness shouldn't be showing it, but I have no problem with it being a character trait for the others.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

*Raises hand* But earth ponies are my favorite :3 That aside I like the idea of the RP and will be sticking around~
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

Woo racist honesty or magic, which ever I pick.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 4:01 pm

Note that if you ARE racist it needs to be a character struggle to push past it. After all, I hope to have 2 of each pony type.

maybe we should keep track of who wants which element and pony type- I'm gonna make a character sheet. Here's Cursive Writ.

Name: Cursive Writ
Cutiemark: 3 books, 2 stacked atop one another with the third leaning on them from the right. Represents writing ability and a love of telling stories.
Element: Laughter
Description: Cursive is a pure white stallion with a black mane and tail. He is a little short for his size, and a moderately strong flyer.
Special ability: (this will be for anything like Pinkie Sense, the Stare, Twilight's magic ability, Rainbooms) Dangerously Genre Savvy.
Personality:
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

I would like to be an earth pony, but I have a quick question. Do we need to have one of the six elements of harmony or can we think of a new one?
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

I think we're going with the six elements in this case.

Also, you might've told me this is what would get your attention DB, I've been thinking of different ways for ages! >>
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 4:13 pm

Oh~ Well if that is the case can I call loyalty? If that's okay :3 Cause I have a kinda good idea for a character with loyalty~
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

You have to be one of the six, unless you can make a really good argument for it being a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

Name: Check Mate
Cutiemark: A black king chess piece.
Element: Honesty
Type: Unicorn
Description: Check is a thistle stallion with purple eyes and a celestial blue mane as well as tail. He is slightly taller than those in his age bracket, but is thinner, having done little manual work or labor.
Special ability: Expert Tactician.
Personality: I'm working on this. Pretty determinator and at-all-cost-y though.

Just getting the things I picked reserved, and seeing if anyone likes the color combo I picked. I didn't want to be black or white so... while the name might be strange... deal with bro.

As for racism, I was going to play it as more of a pity/condescension to earth ponies. Nothing outright hostile, just something that would be infuriating to the recipient. And of course it won't happen to my friends... are we friends at the start?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:03 pm

Not friends, unless two people feel like their characters should be acquaintances. That's the most.

I'm thinking my character is a traveling bard, going from town to town. Which means no required location. What jobs are you guys thinking of?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

Probably some kind of minor Canterlot nobility myself. Probably in training to be some kind of general or something pony-y to that effect.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:14 pm

I would love my Earthpony to have some sort of postal job...I felt like that was kinda loyal :3
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

Yes, I would love to see low ranking jobs be more common for earth ponies! makes the racism thing make more sense! :D

also, you are now Derpy. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 7:23 pm

Oh crap...I forgot about Derpy being a mailwomen XD I just thought that things like delivering and farming would be low ranking jobs, baking too :3
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

Dibs on kindness! :D

I'm torn between pegasus and earth-pony, though. >w< I guess I should probably be an earth-pony, because Fluttershy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)   The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The War of Sun and Moon(A pony RP)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next