WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

War of Sun and Moon

Go down 
+3
Sadie
DB
Surprise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

Brew finally touched down in the center of Canterlot, where all the other ponies set up carts and shops as always. She hovered inches over the streets, looking for a cart that sold exactly what she needed. As she did, she got the typical stares and evil eyes from the other ponies. No pony would have dared to associate with her, for, despite the prevailing evidence against their notions, they all thought she was a source of evil magic. The witch hat and cauldron cutie mark didn't help this at all though. But she learned to figure herself above them.

She eventually came across an old wooden magic shop headed by, oddly enough, a zebra. Said zebra was as weathered looking as the cart, and didn't seem to be having much business. His luck changed when Brew approached the cart, and he sat up from his rest.

"Welcome to my magic cart," he began, "I have lots to choose from, come and start."

"Ah yes," answered Brew. "I was looking for dragon chole, do you have any?"

The zebra looked under his stand after a short pause. "Why yes I have it, yes I do," he answered, placing a jar filled with a black goop on the counter. "The cost of this jar is four times two."

Brew took off her hat and shook out the appropriate amount of bits, each pinging as they touched the old wood. She placed the jar into her hat and put it back on her head. It hadn't fallen when she put it back on, for her hat was enchanted to hold objects unless she wanted them out. Giving a short thank to the zebra, she started to leave. But as she did, music flew into her hears, piquing her curiosity. She flew around a corner to find its source.

Around the corner was a bannered stand. Unlike the other stands that had made up the market place, this one was a stage, and an entertained crowd had surrounded it enough to block vision from the back of the crowd. Brew, being a pegasus, was not affected by this. She flew up and found that the center of all this attention was a white stallion with a lute, singing the songs of some olden time. He wasn't that bad actually. Plus he was, admittedly, kind of cute, or at least to her. Brew listened from the skies for the while. Delighted, she decided to be grateful and drop him a few bits. She flew over him and shook her hat, but instead of landing in the other hat, the coins fell right on his head.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

Assisting him with putting on the armour, she still didn't see the point of such heavy material when it clearly had impact on his walking. While he wasn't looking, she idly used a bit of her magic to add a bit more padding for safety. "There, might I say you look quite the part, for a jouster. But if you like it, and you can walk in it, then I suppose it will do."

A smile crept across her face, as the temptation to see how easily he would fall over came up. Lifting her hoof, she gradually pressed at his shoulder. "Shall we stop for another bite before going off? I did enjoy our last meal together, and I do like the food here."
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

“Heh, it’ll hold up against a lot more than a lance.” said Checkmate, resisting the hoof press fairly well. The weight along his center mass was actually good at keeping him from being pushed over… it was tripping that would be his problem. Hopefully it wouldn’t be an issue though, he was pretty good at keeping attackers from actually getting to him, at the expense of fighting back terribly well. Now he just had to not misinterpret Balestra’s hoof press.

“Well… I suppose, if you’d like. We weren’t supposed to leave until nightfall anyway. Where would you like to eat?” he said, his disposition suddenly much better, for various reasons. Needless to say he was excited for the future, for once. For once… maybe he’d be a hero to somepony in trouble… maybe he could save the day?

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm

Leading the way back down to the courtyard, she smiled as he continued to speak. He did have a point, if it came to a fight he would be able to handle a lot easily. Still, she couldn't see herself in the same position. "I can imagine." Arriving back at her favoured fountain, she sat down for a moment to look at the crowd.

"Oh, I thought it would be nice if you decided, I wouldn't want to impose after all." Dipping her hoof into the water, she swirled the water around as she pondered. "Tell me, have you ever thought about what you would do, if you retired from the guards?"
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

Checkmate was about to make a suggestion, when she asked her question. Checkmate had to sigh and look up, as he began to respond, “I don’t get the option to wonder. My family has made… arrangements, and I will be elevated to a minor court position, help push my parents’ agendas. I could go against them, sure, but they’re the only reason I made it into the guard at all… I’m not exactly the closest to what the guard wants after all.” he said, before looking down, doing his best to shrug. “That’s why I need this. I don’t have a chance later. When my schooling on the side eventually finishes, I’ve got to quit the guard. I won’t be able to just go out and fight for the people, or anything. So I suppose… to answer you… I become a bureaucratic puppet, and I likely enjoy an arranged marriage to someone I’ve never met… But enough about me, I’m too much of a downer, friend. What about you?”

It was his turn to put his hoof on the rim of the fountain, and await his friend’s response. He really hoped his… melancholy wouldn’t put a downer on what they were about to do. This was to be a more or less happy time, of ponies becoming true adults, and not just people on superfluous government payroll.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 11:53 pm

It became quite clear that his future was rather bleak. Reaching out her hoof, she rested it on his shoulder. "Sorry, I didn't think it would be that, sad a fate. I would have waited for a more appropriate time to ask then." Much as she suddenly wanted to cheer him up with her own wishful plans, she didn't know if they'd really do anything to help.

"Born as a guard myself, honestly I just imagined myself moving out to one of the small and quiet towns to relax." Standing up again, she paced around for a moment to think of something to take his mind off the grey subject. "Well, shall we go listen to Cursive? I wouldn't want to keep you occupied with such thoughts."
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 12:24 am

Checkmate could tell that Balestra was at least trying to help him. His ears reflexively drooping, he began to speak, “Uh… sure, sure. It’s fine. Don’t worry about it… I’ve come to terms with these facts more than once already. It’s no big deal.”, now that was likely a lie. This was a very big deal, as it was his very future, and it was taken so horribly out of his hands. However, he wasn’t going to let it ruin his one chance to do something with himself.

“Lead the way, I guess. Though… I could probably follow the music myself.” he said, trying to joke just a little, and add a little more levity to what he’d done to the mood. He was really really concerned that he might have ruined their chances for a good time tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 12:38 am

Heading on as he suggested, she kept close to him all the same. Her silly flurry before had helped soften the stark revelation a bit, but she still felt it necessary to comfort him all the same. "Ever thought about just hiding away from here perhaps?" Maybe that would come off as a suggestion that she would enjoy his company afterwards, she didn't mind either way.

Arriving at the fringes of the crowd, she looked around in case any of the other guards had made their way over. Most it seemed did the right thing and just listened from their posts. Being one of the few who didn't have designated patrols felt like a privilege.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 12:45 am

chuckled at the suggestion that he run away. It was a fun idea, certainly, and it got him out of his eventual service to his parents’ higher interested like his brother and sisters before him, but he was a pony of honor and duty… he couldn’t just… do that. The only reason he could leave his post here is how little they would need him, how little they expected of him. It’d been forever since a superior actually checked up on what he was doing.

Not having a patrol might have been a privilege to Balestra, but it was a form of torture to Checkmate, for while she may have been allowed to at least stand at attention, the paperwork always ended up on his desk, and someone demanded he have it done for… some reason. He never paid too much attention to it, but he felt like a glorified mail clerk half the time. It was just wasteful of anypony’s talents. Finally, he answered Balestra’s question simply, “A little, yeah… sometimes… Why'da you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 2:15 am

She did her best to act casually when answering his question. At least he seemed to be getting better, which was a good sign under any circumstances. Now that she had Cursive in the background as a better distraction than the silent stares of fellow guards, she was more relaxed. "Oh, I guess you could say it was a question with an underlying suggestion."

Nudging him softly, she made her way around the crowd to where a few stalls had already been set up. Anything to help restore the cheerful mood from earlier on.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 2:27 am

Shaking his head, before blushing as Balestra moved away, Checkmate slowly followed. He was pretty sure her undertones were more platonic than he initially thought, but that was besides the point. “Well… I’ll make sure to take you up on that then…” he said, as he arrived next to her. “Well… so uh, after… that… Uh, what about you? I never heard much about your life away from here.” he was of course hoping for much less of a pointless sob story as he had. Even if hers was sad, it’d be logically sad. Not sad only to the ungrateful person experiencing it, who had everything most ponies could want and had the gal to hate it.

He could tell that dwelling on this was going to ruin him, as he shook his head once more and bought himself the first sweet looking thing he could find. The healthiness of Apple Fritters be damned, he had better things to do than mope around like a sad person. “Want one?” he offered, still having his pouch of money out.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 2:57 am

She couldn't conceal a faint blush that came, shaking her mane down to conceal it. At least it would conceal her change of mood perfectly. "I guess there hasn't been much of one, really. Guard parents, guard life. Missed the last royal tour thanks to flu, so this is a nice chance to see the lands for once. Smiling as he picked out a fritter, she took it gratefully with a nod.

"Now now, it's only fair that I pay my share." Levitating a few bits onto the bench, she eagerly bit into the fritter. She had been a bit too pampered by her parents at times, and developed a sweet tooth. Tasting the delicious treat was a nice recollection for her.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 3:02 am

Checkmate was glad to have mostly fixed the mood he’d spoiled. Now that it was done, they could just lean back, chew fritters, talk silly things, and watch the performer who would be their travel companion sing. He was at least smiling again, so there was that going for him. Hopefully he’d forget why he’d gotten himself down in the first place. “Well, that’s good for a change then. I never got to see it myself because…”, he paused, this was his chance to ruin the conversation again… how not to do that… “The brass felt my ‘talents’ were better suited around here. Guess I’ll show them I’m not sure some noble’s kid.” he laughed, however, it was at least someone forced. He wasn’t anywhere near as broken up over this as he was previously however,. For now… he could just listen to the epic that was on his mind earlier… yes this was it.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

Cursive was surprised when, right as he reached a break between chapters of the tale, a hooful of bits fell down and landed on his head. Reacting quickly he threw his head to the left before pulling it back, shot out his wing and knocked the bits against the side of the stall next to his, which he imagined was benefiting from the attention, and back toward him where he caught them with a gust from his wings and threw them into the hat.He glanced up to see a pegasus with a massive hat smiling sheepishly at him, and as the crowd cheered for the display he gave a low bow without stopping his playing, and decided to hold a brief instrumental in case she had something to say.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

Postal watched in awe at the Pegasus with the large goofy hat and the preforming Pegasus. She had been pushed to the back of the crowd. Who wanted a poor, filthy Earth Pony standing in their way, taking up all the good spots? Despite this Postal had a big grin on her face, jumping up and down to improve her view of the show. Postal almost wished she had wings, then she could fly up high and watch the performance from the air, but Postal was taught not to complain, or at least not to complain out loud. She was slightly envious of the Pegasuses ability to do cool wing tricks. There wasn't much Postal could do with her legs that other ponies couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

Having wandered the well-cleaned streets of Canterlot for quite some time now, Hat Trick was beginning to despair of ever locating the lost Woolie. He did, however, chance upon something quite different, and no less exciting...

It seemed that a crowd had gathered in the square, and the sounds of unfamiliar music drifted forth above the reverence of so many ponies in just one place. As Hat Trick watched in curiosity, a Pegasus - remarkably well hatted - swooped low over the throng to drop a handful of bits down to the performer.

"I say!" shouted Hat Trick at this Pegasus, after having trotted into the midst of the crowd and respectfully doffing his own fedora - pale in comparison with the absolute festival that graced the head of the Pegasus - "You've got quite the headgear, unlike the majority of this lot - what is it all about, do you reckon?" He only hoped his voice would carry over the boisterous cheers.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

Well this was embarrassing. The focus had been taken away from the bard on the stage, and even had even stopped singing. The sheepish smile faded as she tried to find a way out of this, out of the sight of the small gathering. Perhaps she could use an invisibility spell? Seemed ideal. It wouldn't last more than a minute, but that was enough time to make her escape. She took off her hat to get her wand, but then she realized that had she used it, it would not make her head-wear disappear. But these... plebeians! These plebeians wanted her to do something! And so she came up with a quick plan.

Putting her hat back on, she raised her wand. "You want a show? Let me give you one!" With that, bright bursts of lights in all colors launched from its tip in all directions. Purples, oranges, reds, and blues explosions littered the air around her, with bangs almost loud enough to drown out the bard. Next it was time to up the ante. Swirling her wand, the winds solidified into loose spirits. They became mixed into the colorful explosions, spinning in synchronization around Brew. At her command, they swooped down right over the gathering, the spooks' many shades blurring in zig-zagged lines, and she imagined it caused fear, amazement, and joy to the onlookers. Almost at the stage, they turned upward to form a cauldron shape like the one on her flank. Sure it may have been bragging, but who cared? She certainly didn't. When the pattern was finished, they made several pentagram shapes until they shrunk back into the wand. "And now, the finale!" That was sure to get these plebs to notice.

She flew down to the throng, snatching the fedora of of some other pony's head. She thought she may have heard him calling up to her before, but then again, there was a bit too much noise to confirm it. Flying back up to her height, she flung the Jonesian headgear a few feet before zapping it with a beam from her wand. Instantly, it began to change. The felt grew two lumps from the side, which rapidly formed into a pair of tanned wings. But the act was not over quite yet. Wings keeping it up, the hat stretched vertically in both directions. From its elongated shape, it began to sprout throned curls which themselves grew curls. Gothic details began to change, and the hats color itself began to change to a deep brown. The wings became more-bat like, and the brim became curved in upon itself like an axe's blade. It was quite the sight to behold. Finally, the hat touched down upon the bards head as he played the final note of the instrumental. A pause formed in the music, and Strange Brew imagined the ponies making up the audience were incredibly, and reasonably, astounded. This made Brew the more prideful, and it showed on her face. A smile once sheepish was now boastful.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 8:14 pm

Cursive grinned widely as his little performance spurred his now-companion on the stage to show off her own tricks, as she flew low over the crowd to retrieve a... hat? He smiled wide as she started doing something to it, and wondered if he'd found a stage magician by accident- until the hat started growing wings. suddenly worried, he looked out across the crowd, and, while most of the crowd was simply shocked, much seemed to be... well, much of it seemed to be getting angrier by the second, and he knew exactly why. Most cities had some level of racism, though it wouldn't keep them from enjoying the accomplishments of other species, but when those accomplishments pushed into their territory, well... He knew of at least one unicorn with a special talent for agriculture being beaten upon moving to farming towns, and had, likely as a warning,been told many a tale of unicorns chasing down and beating or killing pegasi or earth ponies who took fields normally held by unicorns, such as most and government position outside the guard.

This would be so many thousand times worse. With a sudden rush Cursive took to the air, and made it to this strange mare moments before the yelling started, and across the crowd a greater miracle than that shown before appeared as looks of shock and awe transmuted themselves into helpless rage, and bolts of energy started forming. He didn't pity the guards forced to clean this mess up, but right now his goal was to get the mare out of the area, and fast. The castle, somewhat paradoxically,would likely be safest- even ignoring his recent encounter with the princess, most of the "functional" royalty stomped down on racism, and hard.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 8:59 pm

Oh great… look at this… MESS. Reacting swifter than should have been expected, and with much less disbelief, he began to reflexively order his comrade. “Balestra, herd these civilians like cattle if you must, but keep them from rioting.” he said, as he sent up a large flare, colored yellow, into the air to dance and sparkle for several moments, and each time it faded he sent up another one. Checkmate was during this time, now shouting for the people to calm down, that the guard would handle this. He was hopefully banking on the raw power of his shining metal armor, and the aid of his friend, to keep things under some degree of control until the rest of the guard arrived. This was why they had to license performers, so they could make sure no one tried anything… that would get them hurt.

Last edited by Judge Dread on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 9:09 pm

She shook her head in disbelief, what had just happened exactly? Rioting? Over what? Watching as Checkmate sent off a flare, it quickly became obvious. A pegasus using excessive magic, great. "Uh... ookay..." Hurrying up onto the platform that had formerly been occupied by the pegasi, a nervous smile came as she quickly thought of something to do. "Uh, just calm down everyone. Otherwise..." Looking around desperately for something she could use. "Hey, isn't that an alicorn over there!" Waving her hoof at no particular spot, she did her best to maintain the grin in the hopes that they'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 10:47 pm

Postal didn't understand what was happening. One moment, an excited crowd, the next, a violent riot. She must have missed something in the show that caused anger. She tried to stand up on her hind legs to get a better view of the stage, only to be shoved back down on all fours. Postal gasped in shock as she was shoved again. She tried to fight her way out of the crowd to no success. She was simply too small and to weak in comparison to the other enraged ponies. She soon found herself pushed near the edge of the crowd. She smiled, thinking that this was her chance to leave. Postal was about to take her last trots to victory when she received a sharp kick to the head.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 11:41 pm

It quickly became obvious that her little distraction wasn't having much luck. But to think that so many would lose their temper over a simple thing was hard for her. Keeping her eyes flicking out over the crowd, the sight of a poor earth pony being kicked down caught her attention. It was escalating into violence. "Hold my back Check!" Jumping down into the crowd, she used her magic to lift the more violent ponies up towards the approaching guards. Switching to her foil when it became apparent there were quite a lot, she continued to push through into the centre of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 11:59 pm

Checkmate had heard Balestra’s request, but it didn’t process nearly as well as it honestly should have. Still, he was going to start taking matters into his own hands soon, but out of the blue the first obvious injury of the day arrived, as he watched an earth pony be so carelessly kicked, and in the head of all places! This riot was getting far too dangerous far too quickly. The other guards were going to need to get her ASAP, because this was most certainly not a drill.

His mind distracted, he saw Balestra head into the crowd, which was almost certainly a death sentence even for a trained guard. Forgoing his continual flares, he focused all of his efforts into plowing forth into the madness in the gap created right behind her. He vaguely believed this was what she’d shouted for him to do anyway, as he rushed his way passed the ever rowdier ponies, shouting for them all to stand down at once. The effectiveness of this maneuver was nil, however.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 12:27 am

Watching as he approached, she turned to using her foil to give ponies who tried to attack a good whack across the flank. Rather basic, but if they were going to throw up tantrums then that was their punishment. "Just try and separate them out if you can." Helping the poor pony who had been smacked in the face out of the crowd, it was becoming increasingly difficult to use her foil as a barrier against other attacks. "There's gonna be a list of charges that'll go from here to the moon I swear."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

Hat Trick remained frozen in a quantitatively irrelevant mixture of shock and horror for several seconds after - the incident. His lips parted, allowing a barely stifled, emotionless wheeze to ooze forth from their confines.

"My... hat," he gabbled finally. "My... She took my..."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

The pitifully intense embodiment of pain, suffering, and sorrowful rage that surged forth from the very soul and being of Hat Trick, the center of all that was good and kind, did little to prevent him from being cut short a moment later as the mob ran him over with all the consideration of a drunken meteorite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Sun and Moon
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next