WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)

Go down 
+13
pyro_dear
Surprise
brendan
Szemetlada
TheNarrator
€rim
Rachel
ron
andavocados
some dumb bird
Ømnivalence
marsh
YinYangBell
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 4:50 pm

Okay so, your role, simply put, involves both what your job is in the game and what abilities you have to carry out that job. The two components - [TITLE] of [ASPECT] - control those variables respectively, and affect eachother, too, meaning that no two players are alike. You can look up a list of official titles and aspects if you like, or invent your own and see if it passes inspection. :3

Your land is the planet you go to after exiting the Medium by means of a portal. Composed of two elements that describe it, your land can be anything from a fantasy world of castles to a scene from a film noir horror or some combination of the most random things you could think of.

Your denizen is - for lack of a better word - the 'boss' that inhabits your realm, and you generally fight before proceeding. Well, sometimes you'd fight. Sometimes you can just like, talk to them, too. Make them your choice of mythical creature or entity. :3

Consorts are the NPCs of your land, and are generally derpified versions of animals. You can talk to them, buy things, get quests, get help, and they make funny noises that's cool too.

Your dream planet is either Prospit - the golden world of light - or Derse - the violet world of dark. These two planets are in constant warfare, a struggle that defines some of the game's elements, as the introduction of players transforms the battlefield into something infinitely more complex. You have a dream-self who inhabits the planet you choose. There are generally an equal number of Prospit and Derse dreamers. Some have dream-selves that are already awakened prior to playing the game - meaning, whenever you sleep, you go to that planet, some dream-selves awaken during the course of the game, and some don't awaken at all. Ask elsewhere for more info on dream-selves, I'm not too clear on them myself x3

Your guardian is just a figure that looks after you outside of the game. A mom or a dad or a big bro or a sister or a dog or a fictionalized caricature of Colin Mochrie that hangs on the mantelpiece or something. They may or may not end up dead.

Your strife specibus censors which weapons you can use to fight with - i.e. hammerkind means you're restricted to hammers. You can have multiple if you like, and can gain more specibi during the course of the game.

Your fetch modus is how you 'captchalogue' (pick up) or eject items from your 'sylladex' (inventory). Generally, it is stupid and at least a wee bit inconvenient, whilst still reflecting your personality and traits. For instance, an artist might have to draw the item they wish to retrieve from their sylladex, and a mathematician might always be forced to captchalogue something whenever they eject something else, and vice versa, to keep the balance of items equal.

If I messed up on any of that, someone call me on it xD
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 6:26 pm

Cursive Writ wrote:
not hard to use=not versatile. Almost without exception. The more versatile a language is, the harder it is to learn.
So?
I didn't say it was a complicated program and could do lots, but it's getting done what needs to be gotten done.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 9:36 pm

Shameless Second Post.

https://i.imgur.com/itMv5.png
Just some General Tomfoolery

https://i.imgur.com/90g25.png
I guess I can jump like Mario or something

https://i.imgur.com/YcKZB.png
The Eldritch Beings of the Day are no match for me

https://i.imgur.com/A1ttR.png
Well fuck me right

https://i.imgur.com/REmRB.png
I killed it

Naturally the first 3 levels are just tutorial stuff and are as far as I have gotten. The door is just a stand in at the moment. It's just a level portal really.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

That is amazing :D

WHENCANWEPLAY?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

Patches... have you read homestuck?

if not... you probably shouldn't try this RP. It isn't for you. :/
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:11 am

Adding to what Mata said:

TITLES: Should be monosyllabic.

Aspects:

These aren't always literal. While Breath usually means literal control over wind, rarely are other abilities so obvious. Light is Luck or Fortune, Heart means Soul, Void means obfuscation of knowledge, etc.

Title:

AGAIN, not literal. Title implies how you interact with your aspect. Princes are destroyers, so they Destroy their Aspect or Destroy with their Aspect. Knights are usually charged with Guarding with their Aspect or Guarding their Aspect. Maids tend to their Aspect or Tend to things with their Aspect.

Etc.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:16 am

No I have not, I hate Homestuck. Absolutely hate it. However, I decided to give something like this a shot. If anything, I can learn by watching.

Thank you for your help Mata and Yin.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:24 am

The Grouch wrote:
No I have not, I hate Homestuck. Absolutely hate it. However, I decided to give something like this a shot. If anything, I can learn by watching.

Thank you for your help Mata and Yin.

If you do hate the comic, I may have to advise you not joining, for sheer lack of know how. You can learn, but we may not be apt to teach you everything.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:37 am

If it does turn out I'll have a hard time fitting myself in, I can always just drop out. I don't expect to have a dramatic effect on the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:42 am

The Grouch wrote:
If it does turn out I'll have a hard time fitting myself in, I can always just drop out. I don't expect to have a dramatic effect on the roleplay.

It's less plot affect more organizational affect.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:46 am

This is true.

I might actually enjoy Homestuck if it weren't so incredibly hard to get into. Otherwise this would probably be no problem. That and saving the page. Each time I try to visit the site, I always end up at page 1 and no way to skip ahead to another page.

Anyways, I'll see if I make a sheet and if I still think I'm ready to go through with it.
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 1:03 am

I just saved links on a word doc when I was catching up.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 1:18 am

There is a save function.

Save game or something like that. You can just click Load Game to go back.

or bookmarks.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 8:34 am

i just used bookmarks at first when i was getting into it
but then i caught up within a day so yeah thats how much of a life i dont have
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 9:15 am

patches I recommend getting into Homestuck, it's really interesting and worth the effort.

and yeah, bookmarks are how I did it. The save function never seems to work properly for me.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 9:53 am

I actually managed to go as far as John meeting his dad in the kitchen, I feel so proud of myself.

Scratch that, John just started up Sburb.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 10:48 am

haha, nice. it doesn't get really good until after John enters, and even then it kind of spends a lot of time dicking around. Every time you finish an act it'll get better.

Oh, and feel free to skip the first intermission, though I suggest reading it at some point, it isn't required to understand what's going on(except maybe at the end of act 5, but even then all you need to know is that SS hates LE, and that if Snowman dies the universe ends. That's about it) but it is interesting and gives some good context.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

wow no dont even suggest skipping anything

its almost as bad as skipping the whole of the story to get to the trolls
you do not skip anything
if you want to read it properly you dont skip a thing and you read it all
sure you can skim the pesterlogs (but even then the majority are amusing to read)
but you dont skip anything

also act 1 was personally my favourite
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

dude, the intermission is pointless and long and only has one effect on the entire rest of the story, which I managed to summarize in one sentence. It's freaking worthless.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

it isn't pointless holy shit
summarising isnt reading
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 11:12 am

I'm at Act 2. God fucking dammit Rose, get your shit together.

I have to agree with Darkie though, I hate missing details. Not to mention it went over the very same details I was asking about.

Though some I'm still fuzzy on.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:00 pm

The Midnight Crew are among the best characters. Even if it isn't the most important of parts, it, like every other part of Homestuck, is a Chekhov's Gun that will make for great revelations later. Skipping anything in Homestuck makes it... well, almost not Homestuck.

Oh, and if you have any interest in Film Noir and other such genres, this is the best thing for it.

Although I admit it's a bit of a read. Probably the least time consuming way to go about it is to go for the Let's Read of it, which manages to last under an hour if watched in succession.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:08 pm

Alright, some stuff I'm probably going to put down on my sheet, but not yet written in stone: I'm probably going to shoot for a "Chef of ---" whatever. I would imagine chef would be creator of or something, crafting, et cetera. The consort would be hyena, given it already isn't taken. Land of Ink and Debauchery...

Not sure what else I should be sure on.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:16 pm

Alex already has a Land with Ink in it. Perhaps a Land Of Quills And *whatever else*?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

Hm, I'll come up with something.

Also, axekind, or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next