WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)

Go down 
+13
pyro_dear
Surprise
brendan
Szemetlada
TheNarrator
€rim
Rachel
ron
andavocados
some dumb bird
Ømnivalence
marsh
YinYangBell
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

Name: Jesse Sutor (Not my real last name, but I hate it anyways so it's all chill)
Chumhandle: crankyGrouch [CG]
Appearance:
Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 Please_don__t_even_acknowledge_this_by_pachemicverse-d5h32wx

Intro/background: Your name is Jesse Sutor, and you just happen to HATE HOMESTUCK, which can make you rather unpopular around your friends and is rather ironic given the CURRENT SITUATION. But hey, you're working on it. You are one of the most UNIQUE PEOPLE that you know given your current life style. You travel on the road so you can be anywhere along the EAST COAST of the United States, and working at Renaissance festivals of all places. You enjoy animals, and absolutely love your CATS, one of which is named REMINGTON, and you love his cuddly toosh to death. You have a number of hobbies, none of which you consider yourself very good at but enjoy them nonetheless. These consist of COOKING, ROCK CLIMBING, READING, WRITING, and I'm not quite sure what else but you are TERRIBLE AT TECHNOLOGY and generally cannot understand them. You should also be kept away from computers at ALL TIMES since you have terrible luck involving them. You also happen to be interested in the Slender Man mythos, hence the shirt, and you DABBLE A BIT in psychology. You can also be a bit of a jokester at times. You're also a big Doctor Who fan. You can be irritable and cranky, and especially now as of late. You chumhandle is crankyGrouch and you attempt to talk with perfect grammar, but your_space_bar_is_also_broken_which_drives_you_fucking_bat-shit_insane.

Weapon: Axekind
Role: Gent of Life
Land: Land of Silence and Debauchery
Dream Planet: Derse
Consorts:
Hyena:

Denizen: Corocotta
Info on Coracotta:
Modus: Hot Stuff Modus. I can take anything I want out of any order, but If I pick something up and I don't have the room for it, I drop the card on the far right and it bursts into flames.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:00 pm

Seems all diamonds, but 2 things:

1. I'm assuming your introduction IC will not involve Homestuck, given we're not really referencing it (Rix made a reference to MSPA only for the Midnight Crew, if I recall. That's the farthest I'd go).

2. Explain Gent to me and I'm fine with it as a role.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

I love your sprite :3
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

We decided on the Gent's abilities to mainly center on being incredibly close to the median of the active/passive scale and have great versatility, being able to either use their aspect for others or for themselves. It leans more towards Active and healing the Gent, but it's so close to the median that it can have a secondary ability of healing others subconsciously.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

Rix was the one who told me about Gent. I'm not entirely sure what Gent was since I didn't ask, but it is canon, or semi-canon at least. All he said on it was this:

"A Gent would border on the Active/Passive scale, leaning just slightly more towards Active (seeing that the 'Noble' sounding titles seem to be primarily Active). You would basically have both a main, direct control over your aspect, as well as a slight subconscious control over it."
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

Alright. That sounds good.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:16 pm

It of course originates from Hussie's off-hand comment of fedoraFreak as a Gent of Piss.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

I agree with Darkie.

The intermission is basically what the rest of Homestuck is, designed to be entertaining, not to mention the characters in it end up having relevence later.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

By the way Omni, if you don't mind, I used your lioness consort as a template.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:48 pm

That's totes fine.
I used the Salamander as a template so. XD
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 8:50 pm

mY MOM IS READIN 50 SHADES OF GREY IM LAUGHIN SO HARD

also omni ur makin a game? it looks cool uwu
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 10:40 pm

BTW, would any of you artsy people do a sprite of Aaron for me?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:25 am

SO, I think I'll just follow Patches in here. ANy special considerations or niches that need filling?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:30 am

There are no roles that need to be filled- we need a healer, of course, but healers aren't hard to get ahold of, and I think we probably have one already. Beyond that, we tend to all be on our own except when we spend some time journeying with one or two of our other allies.
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:46 am

So I just compiled a bunch of information. Basically, here's how it all stacks out.

Heir of Time Prospit
Page of Heart Derse
Prince of Void Derse
Witch of Rage Derse
Knight of Beasts Prospit
Guide of Light Derse
Monk of Mind Prospit
Thief of Space Derse
Maid of Hope Prospit
Seer of Star Derse
Rogue of Blood Prospit
Bard of Breath Prospit
Sage of Fear Derse
Guard of Doom Prospit
Gent of Life Derse

7 Prospit
8 Derse

So you need to be Prospitian, for one thing.

No remaining canon aspects, but if you want inspiration, I can lend a few links.
Canon roles remaining are Mage and Sylph (Excluding Lord and Muse), but it need not be canon if you get my okay.

As for needed roles, we technically need none. Time and Space are really the only needed base ones, which we have. We have all aspects covered, so no element such as healer or what have you isn't taken care of.

You have a bit of freedom here, despite most options being taken. You're free to take noncanon ones.

Noncanon Role Help: (I don't necessarily agree with all these, ask me first before being set on them) http://trollslum.wikia.com/wiki/User:TheUltamate/The_Othustuck_Expansion

Noncanon Aspect Help: Same link above (Again don't agree with all them), as well as this:
http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/66244

A few interesting Aspects in the SBURB Faq are:

Flow
Rhyme
Law
Rain (Kind of don't want this)
Dreams (Iffy here)
Sand
Mist
Might
Fate (Not really wanted)

Table of contents for the FAQ: http://archiveofourown.org/works/340777/chapters/551606

I get a lot of ideas from here, but don't wish to go into a lot of the mechanics they detail. Their explanation behind roles is my real love here.

*pants, out of breath*

EDIT: FAQ also has some roles (Clown, Bane, etc). They're well thought out so I'm fine with them, but most are taken. May be redundant info, too.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:48 am

Sand would be interesting.

Given that my planets main issue is the decertification.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 1:20 am

Hmm. I can't find the roles in the FAQ, but Star or Wraith sounds good.

Either way Tech sounds like a fun aspect, but more for a Star (I'll be a steampunk, so... schtick harder!), but for a Wraith, Hue would be interesting, because then I'd be an assassin that works *away* from all possible shadows.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 8:43 am

Upon looking up Star, I would honestly much rather you not, as it seems a tad OP. So a Steampunk Assassin with Hue or Tech might be more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:12 am

Cursive Writ wrote:
BTW, would any of you artsy people do a sprite of Aaron for me?
Ask and you shall receive.

Although you should probably ask for a better artist. I forgot to get once piece of transparency, which I'll fix later, and I'm not really good at making the shirts (especially with animals).

So you get a box with a question mark instead, which still looks like shit. But I digress.

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 Request_from_a_friend_by_pachemicverse-d5h5v93
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

Tech's kind of an iffy one of those aspects for me. Goes too literal for my taste. Though admittedly Time and Breath are purely literal.

Wraith is fine.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 11:48 am

Wraith of Hue it is then. I've decided my strife specibus will be chainkind, which covers things that have a length of chain between the part you generally hold onto and the part you generally hit someone with. To start, this will be his pocketwatch. I may put in a joke one, just for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 11:50 am

isn't clown stated to be broken so that it's never assigned?

oh, and my hair is blondy-browny-red, patches.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Dirty blond with a ginger twinge?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

more or less.

It used to be super red, but it's bleaching even as it falls out.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

(nods)

Also, I assume everyone's the same starting age, as usual?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)   Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2) - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selfstuck OOC (>THREAD 2)
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next