WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)

Go down 
+2
Szemetlada
flametitan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm

Didn't notice that, derpiderp...

Blasters can be acquired in "stun" setting. USotA blasters would need some pretty good flavor to explain how, but the FIS lightning guns, or USSR lasers can be "stun setting"'d relatively easily. Or you can pay half price for a dedicated stun-gun. I don't believe there to be any other dedicating throwing weapons though, no.

And having talked with Patches, he's going to be playing a trader, and should be able to handle a bit of space flight, and talking to people. He might also be the more logical owner of the craft, if you don't want that on your character, Jazz.

Also: I include specialization skills in the career skills list, but because you can't dual spec until after you have xp, which comes after choosing your race, your secondary specialization doesn't technically exist yet when you take your human bonus skills. /minmaxing
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

Well, you could chuck grenades...

They don't benefit medicine, but fixing the ship or a mechanical party member, they're essential.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

Mmh, lighting gun, that could work. Plus a bag of tricks, if I remember to use it, anyways.

Patches can be the owner, sure; some friction between agendas seems thematic. Casual minmaxing like it's no big deal, aw yus.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 8:10 pm

And as I said, feel free to invent your own custom special effect. As long as it's relatively cheap looking, we can handle it.

So Jesse knows how to fly, James repair.

I sure hope at least one person ends up with a rank of gunnery, so you know how to fire your ship's cannons. :p
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

I just want to double check: How much xp and obligation are we starting with?

EDIT: Oh, I see XP is part of the races.

EDIT 2: I was planning on being a survivalist, as I felt it would've fit the disastrous end of being a privateer, but if you know another good gunning class...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm

I think James can handle gunner. I believe he's taken it, it's alright.

Yes, XP is part of race, obligation I don't know. That's based on quantity of players, though assume 10 for now.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 9:41 pm

Alright. Sounds good. I'll be that sneaky Bothan person who knows their way around nature and taking advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

Should be useful. Your racial bonus to streetwise and diminished strength shall prove invaluable in your quest against the carnivorous plantlife of Xernon-4.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 9:50 pm

If I see one on the street, I'll be wise enough to avoid it :P
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:13 pm

I suppose so. :p

Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:20 pm

In the meantime, I have to keep digging through the book, as it seems everything is scattered everywhere.

BTW, can I stack some of the free ranks from Bounty hunter, Survivalist, and Bothan to get say 2 ranks in perception and streetwise without XP, or would that be a misreading of how the free ranks between class, specializations, and race interact?

Last edited by flametitan on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

Yeah, the book isn't very well organized, part of why I offered to help everyone. It requires quite a bit of flipping around.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:32 pm

And pdfs are annoying to flip through when they're just a scan, and not linked.

Also, take a look at the edit. Just something I want to be certain of.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:35 pm

Oh, good, we have a gunner. Albeit one whom is also our mechanic. I can play an 'absurd knight' rather than this boring 'suspicious artillery officer' my cross-classer turned into. Yes, I could pare down my starting equipment to reduce Obligation load, but then I wouldn't even get to use Barrage.

I've been using this reference sheet, these talent trees (disregard the unfamiliar ones), and this charsheet.

My impression is that career and specialization free skill ranks don't stack with each other, only with race-given free ranks.

Charsheet:

Spare Charsheet:

Last edited by JazzTap on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cost breakdowns. Contingencies added.)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:40 pm

Hell giving me reference to them, no they're cool as long as they make sense. I have no problem with more variety. It's very goooood. Those are available for everyone to use if they so desire.

Those are viable characters though, haven't run the math yet (Helping Patches out at the moment. But I'll trust they're clean for now.)
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:43 pm

Dammit. I was going to have perception 2 and Streetwise 2. Would've been a nice start.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:46 pm

Totally forget to chime in on that, YES they do stack. Does end up as 2. You can't start over 2 through any combination, but if your career and specialization both give it to you, yes, you can take it at 2.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm

Nice. I moved the second free perception to resilience, though. I think my 1 brawn totally needs those ranks.

EDIT: noticing my proficiencies and lack of brawn I may take the free perception just to make the resilience the extra 10 XP I have after spending 20 on brawn:

Brilark:
Still working out the personality stuff, but I know a down and out background with a bounty obligation.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49g2dth28ixmn1p/EotE%20killbot.pdf?dl=0 Here's a finished sheet, free of all flavor
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:40 pm

I was looking for a form fillable version of that sheet. Did you have to add those in via photo editing program, or do you have a form fillable version to use?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:43 pm

Looks good to me. At least, I think so, Flame. A cost breakdown for your skills would be lovely, just so I know everything is as intended. Otherwise, looks correct to me.

Yeah, when worn armor is -3 down to 0. Encumbrance isn't just weight, it's how hard things are to carry. It's really hard to pack around combat armor, but wearing it is much easier.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:44 pm

Mine was form fillable.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:51 pm

This should reflect the cost of everything:
Brilark:
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:54 pm

Okay. Most of that checks out. Resilience is actually on your skill list, so the first level is only 5xp. You've got another 5xp to use somewhere if you'd like. Otherwise, you're cleared. Come up with a motivation, they're important, then just gonna need the flavor parts of your sheet.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2015, 11:57 pm

Huh. I thought it was 10 to get into a skill in your career, and then 15 if it wasn't part of it.

EDIT: ah, so skill ranks are only 5*rank, rather than 10*rank. That means that I get a couple more xp, as I used a free rank and then the rank 2 xp for survival, meaning it should've only cost 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next