WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)

Go down 
+2
Szemetlada
flametitan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

Hey now, since Jazz gave the ship to me, and I'm a trader, this is obviously a trading vessel. And all of you are here to make sure I don't die in the middle of space.

On that note, this ship looks pretty cool and practical too.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081007172150/starwars/images/f/f9/Maka-Eekay_L4000_layout.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081007171845/starwars/images/e/e3/Maka-Eekay_L4000_Transport.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

I especially appreciate the probability distribution calculator on that dice roller. (Heh. Monte Carlo method with 100k samples.) Skype group gameflow sounds interesting. I wonder if it wouldn't be even faster to run whole encounters, gussy up the log a bit, and post that afterwards.

Buying attributes with XP sounds reasonable; since benefits are flat-ish and costs are linear, we'll probably still rotate between attributes, skills, and talents. And 'build-your-own Dedication' sounds lovely.

Sure, the rules-as-writen allow individuals power within a brutally limited scope, presumably encouraging teamwork and creating a grittier feel. But we'd just end up spread too thin. Unless we hire on NPCs to play mechanic and doctor.

Oh wow, that Scoundrel 'tree'. Answers whether we can walk backwards from nodes. And your reward for the slow start is... black market contacts. Though it's strangely plausible that 'social acceptance' would have a hump-shaped difficulty curve.

Embiggened blueprints for those freighters, for anyone who hasn't already popped over to Wookiepedia. The space mollusc strikes a nice balance between boxy and sleek. Although now I worry about cargo tetris. Are we giving up on the Brantopoz until we can trade up to something with a shuttle bay?

we'd all better make good use of this one to further my agenda, though, in the meantime
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 1:32 am

The Slicer tree is equally annoying, if not more so. You MUST take almost all the ones on the left before you can head into the 3 by 4 container of the cool stuff.

Yeah, I want this to feel more like Star-Trek, or Star-Wars, where the heroes are generally capable of what they're doing, and can generally solve their problems by being cool, and doing cool things. Not, "Crap, none of us have any idea how to use computers, and we're all braindead. Well..."

I'm going to go with this for now. It shouldn't be too bad. Way I figure it, the costs stack up pretty fast, and you're going to get more specific bang for less buck, by taking skills, and talents can do all sorts of nice things.

I dunno, I'm leaving the Freighter, and its name, in your hands. Honestly, I like the Brantopoz, because it looks cheap, worn, run down, and like something the effects team could cobble together pretty easily. But the in universe cheapness is important, Patches has the Debt obligation, and that's how he got this ship. I'm guessing he didn't get enough of a loan to afford anything fancy. I'm not even sure if he's paying you. :p It might be a "split of the take' situation. (Probably is, that's how PCs like to divvy loot, but I mean in universe.)

Yeah, if everyone liked, we could run entire encounters via skype chat, then piece meal it into a big post. I wouldn't want to do that for everything, simpler checks and mostly flavor posts will still need to be done. But, yeah, that's a cool way to handle encounters.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

Newsflash, secondary posting just to make sure people who've seen my last post will see this one too, I'm going to be moving on Sunday (Ideally) or some point after Sunday (Less so), the trip will take about fourish days, and once I get there, I'll need to get set up, then start job hunting. So I will start being less around, and this game just won't start until I get there. Sorry for any inconvenience. But I've been away from "home" for two long years, and I'm finally going back.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm

Oh awesome! :D Happy for you dude! Take all the time you need!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

I didn't mean to stifle this OOC! By all means, we can continue discussing stuff, or getting characters set up, mechanically (Still interested, Mata?) or flavor wise!

Also, there may be a slight delay. My mother wants to take the trip with me to visit friends, which will greatly speed my travel time. (Two people can get more driving done than one person.) But she's a bit ill, and in the mean time, my father is replacing some parts on my car, at his own expense, so I'm not inclined to stop him. I might not make it out on Sunday as planned, but hopefully soon, so I can get this started.

Also, apologies for not posting in your game, Mata. I keep meaning to, but I'm intermittently busy around here, and honestly I have no valid excuse. I'll get on that.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2015, 12:40 am

Well, hey. Travel safely. And best of luck on the job hunt.

I guess the main story-thing I'm wondering about right now is how the PCs met. So I'm onboard representing Patches' sponsor. We wound up offering refuge and employment to Snowy (a wardroid) and flame (a tracker), having met them either at a space bar or in the back of a church, since we're either oblivious or a-okay with offending the Republic.

Why do we need all this firepower? Are we hunting something, like big game, or bigwigs?

Last edited by JazzTap on Fri 01 May 2015, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2015, 12:40 am

Blegh, if we're running skype sessions, I may not be able to make them. (Still working out the finer details, anyway. I might roll something quickly on some of the D&D 5e personality tables, as they can provide nice inspiration when undergoing writer's block.)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2015, 2:11 am

Not so much skype sessions. It'd be as post-when-you-feel-like as here, but we'd be doing it on skype, so we can ease clutter and shove consolidated posts here.

Thanks Jazz. ^ ^ Should be fine, keep to the interstates. Won't be passing through anywhere that's presently onfire, promise.

Officially, you having this much firepower would honestly be suspect in any of the major regions. But, you're in the Borderlands, Fringes, Outer Rim, and so many other names for this place. (People like to keep making up names for the same damn place, it gets old.) Piracy is unfortunately rampant, many planets are only tangentially aligned with bigger powers, if at all, and thus it's a bit of a free for all in terms of law enforcement. Both to crack down on aforementioned piracy, and as to what is and isn't legal for "perfectly legal freight operations" like yours to be dealing in. Anyone whose specialization is hitting things, is mostly there because it's a dangerous sector of the galaxy you're in, and Patches needs the insurance. There's a lot of profit to be made here, especially if you're willing to... indulge, in piracy, or take part in smuggling. And even regular freight operations tend to pull in the big bucks, it's hard to get industrial equipment, consumer goods, and the sort around out there, it's not worth the security and management for large scale operations to work out there, so it's up to small guys to charge exorbitant prices to people who can't get this month's water any other way.

As for how you got put together, if nobody else has any ideas, my assumption is the Crime Lord Patches owes a great deal of money to do it. He couldn't trust Patches with the money, so he bought a cheap ship, found whatever schmucks he assumed put together a decent enough crew, and threw Patches to the helm. Any actual paychecks, of course, coming from Patches, not Crime Boss Sombrero. (For some reason all I can picture when I think of this guy, is a shadowy humanoid in a poorly lit room, he's pure black, smoking a cigar. But for some reason, there is a well illuminated sombrero on his head. I can't explain it.)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 12:19 am

So I totally exist again. I got back on Wednesday, have been getting settled and set in, job-search is underway but I can at least start this back up during my downtime.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 9:39 am

'sup babe?

Anyway, your idea is a good one, and I think it makes a good reason for all of us to be together.

Also +1 vote for the antagonist to be officially named Crime Boss Sombrero.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 1:00 am

Welp. I guess, if it works, go for it.

Independent operation can wait until we get our feet under us, and our obligations well at bay, and why do I get the feeling this will happen neither soon nor easily?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)   Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Truck: The Television Series (Planning/OOC)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4