WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" Empty
PostSubject: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

World W/o a Future

A cyberpunk-esque RP, that takes place about a generation (~15-20 Years) after a global economic crash in 2028 caused by a energy crisis. Afterwards were several wars where the entire planet fought for limited resources. The world finally calmed down a decade later, and the Three Technocratic Countries to rule all others set them selves up. The first, in what used to be South Africa, is now well, South African Coalition. It is the least militaristic of the three, at least to the other nations. In far east Asia, the Association of Far Asian Reformation. And to complete the triangle, the Northern European Triunion. All of these governments are actually controlled by corporations that support them.

Setting: The beginning of this RP is going to take place in a small section of a medium sized city. The section of the city include the school which your characters will attend, their homes, which will be relatively small apartment buildings, a small section of a commercial district, and a small section of the old industry district. This section of the city is medium class, so if you want to be rich, don't be. (It's good to stray away from what you want to be anyways.) The section is about a three square mile area, so it'll only take roughly twenty minutes to run from one side to the other if you think you could run that long. (I'll make a map of the section later.) The city is of mixed populations, but mostly Asian/Causcasian Descent.

The city is none other than New Tokyo (The Fukashima disaster was just the beginning), and after the migration to Japan because they had built a Space Tower in the Osaka/Kobe/Kyoto area, huge numbers of non-Japanese exist in the country today.

New Tokyo is centered around the Space Elevator, But this section of the city is some distance off, and it only serves as a reminder to how powerful the government is and where the nations entire supply of power comes from. One-half the population of New Tokyo lives on the Orbital Pillar.

Brief Storyline for the Beginning of EP #00:
A kid hacks his way into a government database that is keeping watch on the developer of a new virtual reality technology. The kid tries to contact the creator of the technology, a scientist barely known in the scientific community. The scientist is paranoid, and only barely talks about his invention. The kid hacks into the secure server. Several days later the Scientist dies in a car crash, and his Research department burns. The kid hacks into the government database again, the project is said to be "taken care off." Intrigued by what could be on the files he downloaded, he starts sifting through the files by himself. None of it makes any sense. He enlists the help of some of his skilled friends and together they work to create the technologies and hide them in the run down sections of the city before the government finds out that the entire thing was copied just days before.

The Rp begins the day after scientist dies. Just to get a feel of the RP, and EP #00 will continue until the technology is created and the device that is needed operates. Talking about twelve pages here if there are time skips were there ought to be.

Rules:
You guys know the basic rules, so instead of making rules for you to follow, I am going to add notes so that you people don't go ballistic when something happens. Like a sudden time skip while there is a conversation.

All time is subjective to each of the PCs, Time-skips of several hours are permissible while others are in conversation. If you are the conversant, finish it up before you place yourself in the future. Overall not a very difficult concept to grab.

If you need to leave IRL for a few days, You have three options.
1) Let some one use your character, (Suggested if it is for a short time "< a Week")
2) Allow me to say your character is going on a vacation (Suggested if it is for a longer period of time, "> A week"
3) Have your character move away/die/taken by the government, (Not suggested, but if you must, make sure you are A) completely fed up with the RP, or are leaving the Projects for good.)

Anything else I think of will be added later.

If you have any questions, jot them down here and I will answer them.

Minor Details that are not plot important:
"something something Plastics?" There are no more Fossil Fuels for one reason or another. There is still Natural Gas, but Crude oil and it's products are hard to find. As such any plastic you have is going to be hella expensive. Not to mention recycled!

"This is the future, where are my flying cars?" Because of the Economic set backs, technology was set back about twenty years. After the setting up of the Technocracies, the overall tech level almost doubled in complexity in the first year. Because of the lack of crude oil, personal transport has diminished. Instead, Quick Maglevs shoot to and fro, small electric vehicles drive here and there. The world is pretty clustered which is the only way this is feasible.

"What happened to the United States?" Lots of stuff. Point is it no longer exists. Those that still live there say there is a fourth power, but there is no such power on land.

"Why EP#00? Is this some sort of Prologue?" Well, EP stands for Episode! I am splitting each plot important section into little Episodes. And yes, this is a sort of prologue to the rest of the series. The further we get into this series, the more things that will happen. And the more changes I am going to make to the entrance character sheet.

"Why not just make a single character sheet, that covers everything?" Well because it would spoil half the hushity hush hush. And It would be very long. Don't worry people who may join later, it will not be long, because things are omitted just as fast as they are added.

"Can I make several characters?" If you feel up to it! I usually limit people at three. But be warned, in the future there may or may not be different types of characters.

"What inspired this?" Well first and for most I have to say Code Lyoko. If you haven't seen that, you should. The Matrix also ranks up there in major inspirations. After those it is mostly just ideas from this story, a theme of this movie, a plot device from this show, Etc.

EP#00 Char Sheet:
Name: (Ethnicity tethered)
Description: (Include ethnicity, height, weight, hair/eye color Etc.)
Skills: (The more useful your skill(s) are the more likely you are to be important. You don't have to be useful, but a skill or two is encouraged.)

Last edited by Balufire XD on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:33 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

User: Mata
Name: Jin Claxton
Description: Jin is of mostly caucasian descent, though in her presence some vague aspect of her reveals itself in a strike against the unconscious that suggests, unmistakably, Korean. Her pudgy face, topped with short, neat black hair, is bright and cheerful - seeming to be perpetually pursed in mild contemplation, an expression complemented by her oft-widened eyes – of mottled hazel -and completely shaved eyebrows. Jin stands at five-feet-two inches and, weighing one-hundred-and-thirty pounds, is somewhat on the chubby side. She is possessed of excellent posture and an outgoing tendency marked by oxymoronical shyness – though she loves to talk, she does not always know what to say. This quirk oft makes Jin out to be of depressive intelligence, a notion common among those who do not know her well, and one that could not be more false. Clothing-wise, she commonly wears several t-shirts and shorts of ridiculous volume, held aloft by an equally masculine belt, over perplexingly pink tights which tuck into neat socks and brown military boots. Jin also wears glasses with large, elliptical lenses - as she is farsighted – high up on her perky nose.
Skills: Jin’s talents of observation and interpretation border on those provided by a photographic memory – her test scores are unparalleled due to both her almost passive tendency to retain vast amounts of knowledge and her dedication to the rules and directives of perceived authorities. She is, additionally, skilled in the fields of mathematics and programming, two areas into which she pours the vast majority of her free time. Jin is always eager to share with her unwilling friends the results of her latest equations, formulae, and scripts, with the self-admittedly unattainable goal of transcending common notions of reality and conventional mathematics.

User: Balu
Name: Makoto Yūki (S0 Is his hacker name. Often called “KT”)
Desc: At almost 6 foot and weighing only a 108 pounds he is a skinny young man. His rough Onyx black hair that hangs in his eyes and brownish-black eyes show his Japanese descent but it is somewhat evident that he is not fully Japanese. Makoto has the dark skin of a Pacific Islander and just the first hint of facial hair on his chin, something that either you can grow or you can't in Asian heredity. He has a lack of muscle tone, and looks nearly emaciated. This of course is caused by an extremely high metabolism that makes his body temperature about .02% higher than normal. He wears contact lenses, because he is very near sighted. Around his neck hangs a necklace he made that is made out of fuses, springs, copper wire, and other odds and ends; as well as a mask and a pair of tinted goggles. His clothing is a simple black zip up hoodie with a spirograph design, underneath is a simple t-shirt. His pants alternate between a pair of skinny jeans that are baggy on him, and a pair of cargo pants. He is almost always seen with his satchel bag which is made of leather. He often wears a pair of black leather fingerless gloves.

Skills: He is a hacker, straight and simple. He lacks the imagination to write a program, but he can take one apart and make it do what he wants it to. He can read code like he reads Chinese or Japanese, even better than he reads the now defunct English. Beyond that he skilled in hardware engineering, he understands computer and electronic designs and can build them from the ground up. He is not skilled in software making, except in Debugging it.

Last edited by Balufire XD on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Short and, hopefully, sweet. x3

Name: Jin Claxton
Description: Jin is of mostly caucasian descent, though in her presence some vague aspect of her reveals itself in a strike against the unconscious that suggests, unmistakably, Korean. Her pudgy face, topped with short, neat black hair, is bright and cheerful - seeming to be perpetually pursed in mild contemplation, an expression complemented by her oft-widened eyes – of mottled hazel -and completely shaved eyebrows. Jin stands at five-feet-two inches and, weighing one-hundred-and-thirty pounds, is somewhat on the chubby side. She is possessed of excellent posture and an outgoing tendency marked by oxymoronical shyness – though she loves to talk, she does not always know what to say. This quirk oft makes Jin out to be of depressive intelligence, a notion common among those who do not know her well, and one that could not be more false. Clothing-wise, she commonly wears several t-shirts and shorts of ridiculous volume, held aloft by an equally masculine belt, over perplexingly pink tights which tuck into neat socks and brown military boots. Jin also wears glasses with large, elliptical lenses - as she is farsighted – high up on her perky nose.
Skills: Jin’s talents of observation and interpretation border on those provided by a photographic memory – her test scores are unparalleled due to both her almost passive tendency to retain vast amounts of knowledge and her dedication to the rules and directives of perceived authorities. She is, additionally, skilled in the fields of mathematics and programming, two areas into which she pours the vast majority of her free time. Jin is always eager to share with her unwilling friends the results of her latest equations, formulae, and scripts, with the self-admittedly unattainable goal of transcending common notions of reality and conventional mathematics.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

I LIKE IT. Accepted. Don't know what else to say.

I do have a small nitpick, which may or may not be valid, depending on the material tights are made out of. Here it is: This RP takes place after the world has run out of Fossil Fuels like Crude Oil. I think that would make plastics and nylon expensive as hell.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 10:38 pm

What about cotton? Wouldn't be very practical, but maybe fashion has adapted.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 11:01 pm

I guess it would, yeah. CRISIS AVERTED. I mean it was never a problem, but.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

>U< Isokay!
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

Name: Makoto Yūki (S0 Is his hacker name. Often called “KT”)
Desc: At almost 6 foot and weighing only a 108 pounds he is a skinny young man. His rough Onyx black hair that hangs in his eyes and brownish-black eyes show his Japanese descent but it is somewhat evident that he is not fully Japanese. Makoto has the dark skin of a Pacific Islander and just the first hint of facial hair on his chin, something that either you can grow or you can't in Asian heredity. He has a lack of muscle tone, and looks nearly emaciated. This of course is caused by an extremely high metabolism that makes his body temperature about .02% higher than normal. He wears contact lenses, because he is very near sighted. Around his neck hangs a necklace he made that is made out of fuses, springs, copper wire, and other odds and ends; as well as a mask and a pair of tinted goggles. His clothing is a simple black zip up hoodie with a spirograph design, underneath is a simple t-shirt. His pants alternate between a pair of skinny jeans that are baggy on him, and a pair of cargo pants. He is almost always seen with his satchel bag which is made of leather. He often wears a pair of black leather fingerless gloves.

Skills: He is a hacker, straight and simple. He lacks the imagination to write a program, but he can take one apart and make it do what he wants it to. He can read code like he reads Chinese or Japanese, even better than he reads the now defunct English. Beyond that he skilled in hardware engineering, he understands computer and electronic designs and can build them from the ground up. He is not skilled in software making, except in Debugging it.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012, 11:47 pm

May I draw anyones attention to the slight updates. Still have some un answered question? Ask me here or in a PM I will address it to the best of my ability. /bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"   World Without a Future.  EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Without a Future. EP #00 "Updated, now with a couple more answered questions"
Page 1 of 1