WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

World of Illidia - OOC

Go down 
+8
ron
Szemetlada
Shade
DB
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
RCMidas
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

World of Illidia - OOC Empty
PostSubject: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

These first few posts will be works-in-progress as I collate the information that was mostly put together over the course of 200+ pages of IC in the original RP. For the moment, I'll have to lay down the bare bones of history and the most important features of the available races. Plus a few base groundrules that I'm simply not deviating from this time around.

For the sake of simplicity, please keep your character sheets fairly similar to these:

[*]Name: Duh.
[*]Race: The following post contains details of the playable races.
[*]Ambition: Where do you see yourself in five years?
[*]Unique Features: Does anything visibly set you apart from others of your kind?
[*]Magical Ability: Anyone can learn magic in time; but have you already started?

Things such as personality are better revealed during gameplay and your backgrounds are not going to be especially rich at this stage in your careers, so include them only if you really want to.

Fundamental groundrules:

1) Bad s**t is likely to happen without warning. Although Illidia is a very turbulent world, most people have little idea of what is going on beyond their own tiny view of it and consequently things tend to come as a surprise to many. Unless you can build up some kind of reliable information network, you'll be just as much in the dark.

2) Gender and racial equality is not...entirely a global phenomenon, to say nothing about individuals with their own opinions. Whilst in general you will not be significantly discriminated against, it is strongly advisable to ask around or use common sense whenever entering a new area. Religion, ironically, is a far safer subject unless you're very hostile to it as a whole. Thunderbolts and all that.

3) Interfertility between races is somewhat limited between genera. Most of the mammals may breed with each other, for example, but couldn't with the avians or reptilians. Whilst half-breeds are not playable, your interactions with them are apt to be examined by others more carefully than with purebloods.

4) Generally, I'll be letting you know if something you're trying to do isn't going to work out, as well as offer advice on the issue. On occasion though, you'll be getting very little information from me on a subject. This is likely because your character has just as much details as I do at that point and my improvisational skills need to be exercised cautiously. Either that or something is interfering and you don't know what.

5) Yes, I will be using a randomised table of dice rolls and percentage chances to add a bit of spice to the background. Yes, you may come across something that massively outclasses you either as a result of this or by my own design. No, I don't think this is a problem as I will not be building the world around you - it is already built and will respond to your actions exactly as you'd expect if it was Real Life.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

PLAYABLE RACES

Human:

Elf:

Dwarf:

Serachrin:

Ja'tazak:

Troll:

Orc:

Goblin:

Minotaur:

Caarth:

I'karen:

Talmay:

IMPORTANT UNPLAYABLE RACES

Giant:

Mamlik:

Chattermatter:

Gark:

Ogre/Cyclops:

Alamari/Makay:

Mako:

Centaur:

Felinaur:

Hamakei:

Xoroa:

Hobgoblin/Toa-Suo:

Justrali:

Kassistra:

Illithid:

Last edited by RCMidas on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:46 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

CLASSES OF MAGIC

ARTIFICE:

BINDING:

DRUIDIC:

ELEMENTALISM:

HOLY:

MARRANGHA:

MENTALISM:

NECROMAGIA:

NOTURA:

Last edited by RCMidas on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

Reserved for future information.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

[*]Name: Vokky Boul'rohki
[*]Race: Goblin
[*]Ambition: An avidly powerful weaver of magic, so he can regain lost respect for his negligence in an orcoid army. He also wants revenge on a particular orc and gain control of his forces.
[*]Unique Features: He looks like an older goblin, almost as old as an elder, but it is part of a side effect in the kind of magic he dabbles in (a side effect in which he'd be interested in learning how to reverse). He wears tattered looking robes and an insidious looking dark wood staff, or "walking stick".
[*]Magical Ability: Vokky is an endowed practitioner in a particular type of magic. He likes to specialize himself with curses, and things of that nature. It extend only so slightly into things such as plagues and poisons, and when things calls for something a little more blunt, he would be capable of casting a straightforward spell that causes direct harm. An example would be a fireball.

Oh hey, it's him again. I'm not specifying any specific spells in case you're wanting to assign those like you did last time.

Last edited by The Grouch on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 2:11 pm

Tempted to make a minotaur, or a Caarth if I remembered what they looked like.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 2:19 pm

I'm probably going to roll with a human myself. I'll compose a sheet once I'm at home, on a computer.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 4:10 pm

Ohhh man this looks great! I'll work on a sheet :3 Oh I want to be a Serachrin XD
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

Minotaur, for old time's sake. I'll post a sheet later. Although Talmay look interesting.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

*]Name: Dusi Galia
[*]Race: Human
[*]Ambition: Returning to my homeland with honor once again attributed to my name.
[*]Unique Features: Some facial scars hint at a more obviously violent past than my current profession would suggest. Otherwise he looks much like a vagrant traveling musician would. Brown hair outgrown beyond that of reasonable cutting, somewhat ratty and worn clothing. He possesses parts of a skeleton that would one day reform his armor. At present this consists of a hauberk, gauntlets, and greaves. He used to have a sword to complete the look, but it has recently failed to preform in the middle of action, and is currently replaced by a farmer's sickle he happened across.
[*]Magical Ability: Dusi does not know magic in the sense of accomplishing anything at the present time. He has tried, but lacks formal training or instinctive skill.

Trying for a sort of Ex-Knight turned wandering minstrel because of either an act of cowardice, a personal failure, or rival action, not sure yet.

Last edited by Ji on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 6:24 pm

[*]Name: Tasper Deneer'e
[*]Race: Serachrin
[*]Ambition: Tasper Would like to be traveling the world, recording and illustrating her travels.
[*]Unique Features: (I kinda turned this into an appearance because the way a Serachrin looks varies. I took inspiration from this) Tasper leans more towards the human look then the bird look. She has regal tan wings on her shoulders and tan feathers mixed in her blonde hair. The has a pretty long and flat tail made of feathers that are the same tan color as her wings. She keeps her hair short and dandelion like to keep it out of her eyes when flying. On the top of her head are two small tuffs of hair/feathers that stick out (Think of a horned owl) Taspers feet are not feet at all, but sharp talons. Even the nails on her fingers are slightly sharp.
[*]Magical Ability: She has started learning magic and knows a bit about it but doesn't spend as much time learning as she should. Tasper would much rather draw and write.

Last edited by DB on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 7:14 pm

[*]Name: Harka
[*]Race: Minotaur
[*]Ambition: ....amb....ambish....ambishen....Ambishen? What?
[*]Unique Features: Harka has reddish skin and wears a thick leather sash, which has various carvings notched into it.
[*]Magical Ability: While magical in nature or merely due to his biological (and mental) similarity, Harka has an affinity for most mammals and can usually befriend a furry creature within a matter of minutes.

Hate to pile the workload onto you and also be "that guy", but are two characters allowed? I'm considering an idea for another, perhaps a Talmay.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

This looks amazing! o:

Now I took a few liberties with I'karen culture here, and her magic might be a bit too varied for your tastes, but you can modify or reject and I'll try and come up with something else if you like. -u-;

[*]Name: Katyusha Dedovna
[*]Race: I’karen
[*]Ambition: Fueled by a child’s imagination and storybook ideals of a happy ending, Katyusha seeks to locate her long-lost grandfather and inherit the regal throne that he most definitely and without question is in possession of. Without question I said.
[*]Unique Features: Niveous skin and ultramarine eyes make Katyusha’s face a striking affair – or rather, they would, were she ever to remove her Cossack-styled fur hat or nose-deep scarf of a strange thin wool. She stands with a backwards hunch at six-foot-two and walks to a curiously hesitant gait, with both arms outstretched and wobbling about - as if she were navigating along a procession of river stones, the stability of which was uncertain.
[*]Magical Ability: Katyusha has been loyal –though not overenthusiastic - in her studies of the properties of air and weather, as well as perception, but has paid special attention to the area of temperature moderation in preparation for her endeavor. If needs be, she could conjure up a brisk, biting wind, summon a light drizzle of sleet, swipe a few degrees from the immediate atmosphere, or enter a tranquil, quasi-meditative state in which her hearing, smell, and sight are slightly increased.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 8:21 pm

This has caught my interest.

Heh, I think I understand the name. Katyusha, is like, Russian for Katherine, or something similar, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 8:22 pm

'Twould be something like 'Katerin,' but it's the name of a popular folk song describing a girl whose husband's gone off to war. And she's like picking flowers on a riverbank I think. >u<;
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

Kind of long, since I'm refitting a character I never got to use.

[*]Name: Ahlat Thuul
[*]Race: Minotaur
[*]Ambition: To own a successful blacksmith shop in a wealthy Celestan city.
[*]Unique Features: For the most part, Ahlat is pretty darn average for an Eastern Minotaur. Seven-ish feet tall, hunched over a bit, sort, white with black and red speckled fur all over, digitigrade legs with hooves four inches across, all that jazz. His horns are easily a foot long and curl sharply upwards; the left one is broken off and capped with iron. His eyes are black, which makes them very difficult for more humanoid races to read, but generally his body language makes up for that. He looks a bit pudgy, but it's the same way that a sumo wrestler would look pudgy; he doesn't have much by way of definition, and sure he's got some extra weight on him, but that doesn't mean he's weak. He's just not very fast.
He generally wears rough-spun clothing: a linen tunic, plus baggy trousers tucked into winningas and belted on the outside with a piece of rope. When the weather is nasty, he has a dark green wool circle-cloak that goes down to his calves and a broad-brimmed leather hat. He wears not one, but three bronze nose-rings, successively decreasing in size as they go up his septum. The biggest one was given to him by his father; it appears to be made of braided rope. The middle one was a betrothal ring; it fits tighter against his nose and is made of two linked segments. The top one, the smallest, is a gift from his former master as a token of a completed apprenticeship and is set with a garnet. He also wears a leather blacksmith's apron when he's working (or sometimes when he just needs the protection). For the moment, he doesn't have armor, as he doesn't have too many personal projects done.
On his belt, he keeps a seax and a leather purse. When going armed, he has an eight-foot pollaxe with a slightly oversized head and an iron point at the bottom.
[*]Magical Ability: He can check metal objects for flaws and impurities, but that's about it. Mostly it involves using a sympathetic crystal.

Last edited by AW on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 10:56 pm

[*]Name: Ko Tudos
[*]Race: Serachrin
[*]Ambition: To learn more of the world, magic, and technology. Publish books on his findings
[*]Unique Features: He has emerald green wings, tinged at the edges with a deeper, darker green closer to forest green. The colouration fades from the bases of his wings into a lighter, and less striking, lime green. His eyes sparkle blue, and, when reading, he wears a corrective glasses designed to help the almost universally Serachrin read text normally(I'm assuming their vision is similar to a hawk or other predatory bird). He tends to wear only the bare basics of clothing, as anything complex would infringe on his ability to fly. As such he carries a single satchel, strapped around his waist, and a pair of pants, again designed specifically for serachrin to use when they go amongst the other races, that use straps to stay up while not interfering with the stabilization effect given by his tail. He carries an elaborate sword shaped like an over-sized quill, which he holds at the tip of the shaft.
[*]Magical Ability: due to intense curiosity as to the unanswered question of how his homeland can remain afloat, he has become proficient in earth based magic, primarily focusing on it's manipulation and movement, though he has a rough knowledge of the others as well.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 2:41 pm

Oh yes, I will join this.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 9:03 am

Okey-dokey, I've ramped up the information for playable races and will add a list of some important non-playable sentients as well (non-playable because many of them were introduced WAY past the start point in the original game or were just too weird and complex for general usage); then I'll get to hard work on the magical section.

For the moment, those of you with magical ability, keep it as low-key as you can and I'll point you in the right direction until we're ready to get a proper spell list up and running. Try to bear in mind that whilst magic is an accepted and intrinsic part of the world, it is also known for being extremely dangerous in the wrong hands - more and greater evil has been done due to magic than any other force in history.

It is also the 'stuff' from which extraplanar beings are made, so someone with pronounced magical ability is also more closely connected to them on a metaphysical level. This is rarely a good thing if you aren't taught the right way to protect yourself. Similarly, whilst technically anyone with magical skill can try to cast some of the stronger spells and perform some rituals out there, the backlash of channelling that level of power without experience and the appropriate wards will generally destroy them outright.

By all means though, if you want to try something, you are allowed to. Just remember that I will not hold back from making things affect your character just because they are a PC and not an NPC. If you do something that is extremely likely to result in your death...it is extremely likely to kill you and you'll need to bring up a new character.

In any case, I will get the first IC post up within 24 hours. Ish.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

Are we free to add details to the species on our own? For example, I had a ton of stuff in my sheet that added detail as to just what the bird people are and how they opperate.

Also, phrases- casual things characters can say that tell more about the species. I came up with "brother of my wind" as a phrase that they use to mean they would trust someone to fly behind them in their jetstream, which obviously requires a great deal of trust.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

Okay Chaos, can I be from Gunthartaz, and lost my position of status and wealth due to an exceptionally large blunder, that cost the lives of most of the men in my cowardice? That sounds sufficient for me to be "banished", (Which might entail more running away to avoid any kind of execution) and give me reason to hide what I am. Why I'm woefully under equipped then I don't know, I'll assume most of it was lost, stolen, or sold to not starve. Sorry if I'm making too many things up.

Last edited by Ji on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 6:32 pm

How animalistic are the Talmay supposed to be? I don't want to go too far overboard to one side or the other.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:39 am

Feel free to embellish the details of your species as you like, a lot of things never got especially far in the original RP. Besides, I dislike the notion of 'One Species, One Culture' - just because one lot of serachrin (or whatever) act in a certain way, doesn't mean they all must.

As for how animalistic the typical talmay is...depends on the individual, really. Some will be mostly human-like with a few minor animal features like a small tail and ears, maybe unusual skin colouration; others will be highly bestial and look far more like bipedal animals with some human features than the other way around.

It should also be noted that a talmay's physical features are almost completely independent of their ancestry - you could get two highly feline-esque talmay breeding and produce a litter of young that take their forms from bears, wolves and hawks. Similarities between parents and offspring is purely coincidental.

EDIT @Ji: Certainly. I'll incorporate that into your starting post.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 9:04 am

cursiveWrit wrote:
Are we free to add details to the species on our own? For example, I had a ton of stuff in my sheet that added detail as to just what the bird people are and how they opperate.

Also, phrases- casual things characters can say that tell more about the species. I came up with "brother of my wind" as a phrase that they use to mean they would trust someone to fly behind them in their jetstream, which obviously requires a great deal of trust.

I like the idea of "Brother of my Wind" :3
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

Good, good.

Too bad the IC's taken over 24 hours, darn ishing. You just had to ish.

Other races, be fully prepared for me to reverse counter racism (or what have you) my way into sounding better. Humanity is special or whatever it is Tvtropes calls it. Gotta make it not seem like humans got the racial short stick.

While he's not here to confirm it, try to get myself and Eo not too far from each other. We'd come to the conclusion I was using him as my blacksmith whenever I managed the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Illidia - OOC
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next