WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

World of Illidia - OOC

Go down 
+8
ron
Szemetlada
Shade
DB
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
RCMidas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Yeah. This. And since the race update, I've figured Ahlat was tutored by Serachrin in the noble art of smithing, but then because bird-bull discrimination, he ended up sharing a facility with another minotaur rather than getting a place of his own.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

Bird-bull discrimination.

I understand what it means, but...

It just sounds awesome.

And yeah, DB, I think it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 7:26 pm

Terrible sheet, I hope it werks

Forever_aLonestar wrote:
[*]Name: Uukov Hai
[*]Race: Human
[*]Ambition: Hai wishes to go around the world and master many forms of magik.
[*]Unique Features: Hai is one of the more aged and intelligent looking humans out there. He has a blad head and his face is heavily wrinkled, he usually wears a dark blue robe with a black sash around his waist (with a knife dangling down from it)
[*]Magical Ability: Hai has started learning magic a few years back and doesn't know too much magic other than basic fire magic to defend himself (fire balls, mini-fire storms, etc)
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 7:30 pm

I don't like my character, will probably make another.

I hate being indecisive.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 7:34 pm

Sorry guys, forgot that I was going to work today. Was just starting the IC post when I realised I was running late. I think my neighbours across the street heard what I said then...

In any case, it's up now.

And Forever's opening post will be edited in momentarily.

EDIT: All ready.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

As soon as I realize how I should be taking your post and respond accordingly, I will... respond accordingly.

I'm just trying to figure out where you're taking this thing with Vokky.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

[*]Name: Etsija
[*]Race: Talmay
[*]Ambition: I wouldn't want to know. However, I enjoy the thrill of hunting and tracking. Likely a glorious battlefield or wilderness far too dangerous for any weaker species.
[*]Unique Features: Etsija is an ocelot Talmay: he bears an ocelot's markings and the superior senses, reflexes, speed and strength of the jungle cats as well.
[*]Magical Ability: Etsija calls upon the spirits of the wild rather than so crudely "wielding magic". He mainly employs it for minor advantages like amplifying sounds, briefly shifting the direction of a light breeze to get a scent, or making tracks more distinct. When the spirits are willing, that is.

This is to replace my Minotaur, Harka.

Really, really, really sorry Chaos, did not realize you already had individualized OP's for our characters. I feel like a massive prick now. I can work Etsija into Harka's slot if needed, I hate to make you rewrite it.

Yeah. I'm that guy.

Last edited by Shade on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

Awwwww Yeeeeaaaaaah
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:30 pm

I must say, this is awful nice of you to write up introductions for every single character. :3 Must've taken you quite awhile! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

Yeah I agree! It's a cool way to start us off in many different situations!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

I'm going to have so much fun with Hai.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:36 pm

This was also how the original worked, more or less. There were characters and people dong stuff all over the place, and it was amazing.

Also, I might make a second character, provided Chaos is okay with the extra workload, pulling double species duty with Shade again and probably meeting up with someone else's character in order to reduce the added complexity.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:38 pm

OH GOD WHY

That method of speech... that's gonna be fun to match. I'm assuming that is a formal thing, used in universities?

And umm. Maybe you should PM the relevant info on the magic system so I can put this stuff together myself. It'll make it feel like real cleverness if I do it on my own.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:56 pm

AW wrote:
This was also how the original worked, more or less. There were characters and people dong stuff all over the place, and it was amazing.

Also, I might make a second character, provided Chaos is okay with the extra workload, pulling double species duty with Shade again and probably meeting up with someone else's character in order to reduce the added complexity.

I'm just removing Harka completely and sticking with the new one. Sorry for the confusion. And extra work on Chaos' part.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

@Grouch: I'm setting you up for a real good reason to hate the orc in your background. Exactly which orc that is shall be up to you, whether it's the one you're currently travelling with or the one that kicked you out of the original warband (my wording in the IC implies the latter I now realise, but a touch of negligence here as well works just as nicely if need be).

@Shade: Eh, it's alright. I'll strike that out and make a new OP for Etsija.

@AW and all: Second characters are certainly allowed, but I think no more than that to keep both you and me able to develop their stories properly. And to keep one . If you wish to retire and replace one character, then we can work on how to do that without it feeling like we're just dropping a bridge on the old one. 'Dropped a bridge on him' - see TvTropes. You're welcome.

@cursive: Whilst it is extremely curt and formal, it is not strictly necessary. I am using it more to show exactly how seriously this debate/lecture is being taken - but a sudden flash of inspiration might, for example, trigger a non-formal outburst as someone puts together the idea in their heads even as they say it aloud. Also, don't worry too yet about the technicalities behind magic - that's the next section I'll be doing (and it'll have to be tonight, since I'm not going to be able to go to sleep tonight AND get up in time to do a full day's work...) so just keep an eye out over the next few hours.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 10:27 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

RCMidas wrote:

@Shade: Eh, it's alright. I'll strike that out and make a new OP for Etsija.

Thanks. I shall leave the dropping of the bridge on Harka to you: might I suggest a vengeful sea god or perhaps something along the lines of Old Greg (or both)?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:40 am

Completion of the magic section will take longer than expected. I just woke up and my day starts in a couple of hours. So...bugger. Man plannt, Gott lacht; I guess. I'll do what I can to polish up what I started before I sign off though.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:51 am

Okay. I'll just have to commit it all to memory.

And I don't plan on ignoring the style you established.

Unfortunately, I can't really do more than write down the wording of my response... so this will be a short post. :/

Also, did you mean "Der mentsh trakht un Got lakht."?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:32 am

Should've waited until today to get this started. The weekend and Monday for me are the busiest days of the week.

EDIT @cursive: Probably.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:56 am

Hee.

Chaos. Check my spore username. Or atleast how others refer to me. We've met befoooree~

And umm. S'long as the posts aren't too scattered I think we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

Will we all eventually met up with each other? Do we have some sort of goal other then our ambitions? XD
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:59 am

The opportunity to meet up will certainly arise and depending on when and where such a thing happens, you will be able to work towards a mutual goal, yes.

Ultimately, however, your goals will be your own. I'm setting up a whole world for your characters to live in as you please. So go out there and live in it!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 12:15 pm

So Chaos, do you mind if I send you a message pertaining to a character idea that I have? I don't want to go into it without your say-so or advice on how to go about doing it.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

I was just wondering it there was some sort of mission or greater evil XD

EDIT: Will we be getting a map soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Illidia - OOC
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next