WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

World of Illidia - OOC

Go down 
+8
ron
Szemetlada
Shade
DB
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
RCMidas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 2:36 pm

So, patches. You do recall you listed yourself as being in iron armor, yes? Quite literally anyone could probably do you one better. Like, I assumed steel was in fashion, and I'm using it. The Mako could probably fix that for you.

Last edited by Ji on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:

... Man I wash I knew what happened to my Pinkie sig.

It should have been a Lucky Charms sig.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 2:58 pm

I'm not sure what metal I said the armor was. But if the mako is wearing furs, I doubt they have the means to make strong armor.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 3:29 pm

Jester wrote:
Upon his body is chain mail riveted with dark iron plate metal with a slashed etching of the emblem of Gunthartaz.

Page four.

Anyhow, your point sounds sound all the same.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Ah. Well I suppose that iron armor would be cheaper to maintain. It's also reinforced with chainmail, so yeah. Smile
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 12:01 am

Cheaper, but heavy, bendable in all the wrong ways, and most importantly, not stiff.

Also, while we're on finer technical points of equipment, this had good things to say: http://art-of-swords.tumblr.com/post/43808460536/sword-facts-myths-all-medieval-swords-weighed
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 7:34 am

Maybe he'll end up with something on his travels.

Like armor made of super dense bones.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 8:04 pm

Good. I'll find my way to something less evil but equally helpful, and we'll have that showdown.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

It is going to be epic!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 10:55 pm

Hopefully we can get someone to actually write it as an epic.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

Is there a way I could work myself into this?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Mar 2013, 5:56 am

As ever. Good to see you again. How you been?
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:12 pm

I've been alright, adjusting to college fairly well. How about you?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 10:21 am

Working for myself at last. Got my degree, paid off my university debt and now just looking forward to a long and pointless life as an adult in an increasingly depressing world. Other than that, fantastic. [/bitter]

Nah, but seriously, I'm doing all right. Much better than a lot of poor sods out there in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 6:12 pm

That's good to hear, I found where you'd sent me the rewrite of the Wanderer thread and really wanted to roleplay again. Also, how do Ja'tazak names work?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013, 1:57 am

Okay, so I'm momentarily having a hitch figuring out the minotaur diet; Since they have the heads of bulls, are we going the biologically sensible route and having them be mostly herbivorous, or are we sticking with the classics and going carnivorous?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013, 7:04 am

@lee: So far as I can tell from looking through the early pages of the original RP with JazzTap, they usually are quite long, often have an apostrophe somewhere in them and are prone to lots of consonants in unusual combinations. Her character was always referred to as Jazyn, but I recall her full name being several syllables longer. You've got a good imagination, lee, let's see what comes out of it!

@Eoch: What's the body like? Going by the original myth, in which nothing but the minotaur's head was of a bull, they'd be happily omnivorous just like a human (remember that the Minotaur was only ever fed slaves [also only once every seven years or so, but that's mythology for you]). For more 'modern' minotaurs that are significantly more bestial, a more herbivorous diet would probably be preferable. Both kinds exist in Illidia.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013, 1:30 pm

Eh, I like my new character idea a bit better, actually.

[*]Name: Idarsh
[*]Race: I'karen
[*]Ambition: Idarsh wants to see the Fires of Pershep to render the globe to ash, and from them make the loyal dead anew, thus letting her have her sister back.
[*]Unique Features: Idarsh's body has several marks from burns sustained attempting to stay warm or from learning magic, and several sigils branded into her skin she keeps hidden, some denoting her as loyal to the One God and one above her heart bearing a symbol looking like a horizontal oval crossed by two vertical horizontal lines.
[*]Magical Ability: Idarsh has been taught fire magic, which is essential to survive outside the city, much less to make your home there as she and the rest of the cult do.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

Yay, more i'karen! :D
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

Someone do me a favour and look up what the UK's labour laws are. I'm pretty sure there's something in them about working 40 hours in three days. Oh wait...that's for one paid job, not my two. Shit.

Nevermind. I'll get an update out tomorrow lunchtime. Once I've slept the rest of the night and as much as the morning as possible through!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

Sorry about not posting. Hectic schedule.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 12:26 am

Head of his own wife in a sword... that is really screwed up... Not sure if I'm comfortable with this.

Is there a possibility that we could make the production of Dusi's sword into a side-quest?

Here's my thought:

This is a project that will take Ahlat and Thrembul together at least three or four days given the technology of the time, and that's assuming the blade doesn't warp or crack during the quench, forcing a restart. So we might as well get some lead-up to the big event (which, if I could write the summary of its production, as a medieval weaponry geek, that would pretty much make my month). Perhaps if we ended up going to kill some other powerful thing to imbue the sword with, something a little less creepy.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

Yeah, the sword of Thembul annihilation might sound like a good idea, but...
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

Chaos, how good is Idarsh at fire magic?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

@Eoch: By all means. When I find out how things go with the forging, you are more than welcome to fill in the technical gaps - considering how well things 'normally' go for Thembul along these lines, I doubt the dice will come up in his favour. Although for reference, I was thinking of making the endowment something akin to an "On Hit: Paralysing Fear" effect.

@lee: Lighting campfires, maintaining optimal temperature in blizzards, possibly igniting dry clothing and/or even fur whilst inside (ambient temp. above freezing); that sort of thing. That is the current upper limit that I would set, so if you want to be less skilled overall and/or more capable in one particular area, just say the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Illidia - OOC
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next