WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!

Go down 
+5
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
Patches
Rachel
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! Empty
PostSubject: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:18 am

Okay, well, hello everyone… this is Ji, and uh, yeah, I’m finally getting around to making my first roleplay and topic, so, I would like to run a 4th edition game of Dungeons and Dragons. I’m not sure how many people have played it, and then, not sure how many have played this specific edition. To that end, I’d like to say… yes, I will be helping you through this, don’t worry. I do ask that if you’ve ever just wanted to try it, now would be a great time to do so, I’m a kind DM, it should flow fairly well, and I’m actually going to give you a lot of choice in this. As far as a structured plot goes, I both don’t really have one, and this is a good thing. Your actions will shape the world in ways I can’t really go into, but from what I’ve learned and read, planning too far ahead will lead to less fun for everyone involved. I can do character generation fro you, just asking questions as need be, or you can do it yourself if you so wish and know how. I know this is a small op, but bear with me, it’s hard to elaborate on this.

So I guess the first twp things I need to ask…

1. Any takers?

2. Anyone want to start in a specific climate/have the world be a certain way? I’m still working on that part, so it someone is interested in say, being in a world of many islands, or starting somewhere cold and frigid, speak up now, please

-----------------

Yep, so, okay everyone. Let's resume discussion.

https://rpproject.rpg-board.net/t113-a-dungeons-and-dragons-rpg-by-ji-it-s-my-first-guys-i-finally-popped-my-cherry

Last edited by SirJi on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:20 am

DISCUSSION

Aren't I just a pain in the ass?

So. Is Alex still joining?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:21 am

She made a proto-sheet with me, so she'd better be...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:23 am

I hope she is...

OH SHIT LOOK AT THE TIME

G'night.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:24 am

Do I atleast get an explaination on why this new thread was made? I.E. how you knew the old one was going to do that?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

Look at Fatesealed.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

Yes, but what TOLD you it was about to happen?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

Umm... Past experience, mostly.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:31 am

I'm... going to... Lord, are you sure someone didn't just hit the NEW TOPIC button, down there? Hm?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:32 am

It also is impervious to attempts to merge the threads back together, so whatever it is is definitely above the mod permission level.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

Well okay, I'll buy this then, let's just hope the reason for this, wasn't "We're getting near 67 pages"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

This has happened on other Forumotion sites when threads got too large. Patches is also unsure as to what causes it last I heard.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

Actually, it's "we're getting near 990 posts."

It's a technical limit imposed by forumotion.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:40 am

This sounds like it's going to be a hassle.

Okay, well, we'll deal with this as we go, then.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 2:36 am

Sheesh. I do some cleaning of my room and I miss out on a lot of stuff.

My life is getting pretty crazy and the next couple weeks are going to be a height of the insanity, from what I'm seeing so far. Ji, I'll help however I can. My suggestion is to type out the guide on how to fill out a character sheet. If that's going to take too long ya can feed me the info and I'll fill it in myself. I'll want you on skype so we can chat (via text obviously). Don't worry, my character won't know any of this. I'm pretty good on the whole separation of player knowledge and character knowledge thing.

Far as setting goes, I dunno what climate. Personally I'm a fan of either metropolitan type areas such as Lankhmar - The City of Adventure (google image search, should shed light). Otherwise I like grassy hills, some distant woods, dirt roads scored by carriages, and the like.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 6:45 am

I'll get to work on those character sheets I guess. Later today.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

Posting a link to the original topic = good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

So, yeah, anyone who needs their sheet done, and can use the thing, let's get cracking.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm

Trillian is for some reason not updating me on emails (thus not updating me on this forum) at the moment so if ya need me you know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm

Walk me through it, my friend.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

The top section of stuff should be simple enough.

Player Name: Whatever your name is, or at least, the name you want Ji to know.
Character Name: Whatever you're naming your character.
Level: We're starting at level 1 as far as I know, so just type in 1 for that box.
Class: Whatever class you went with. Think it's Warlord for you but my memory sucks.
Paragon Path: That'll come into play later on. Ji can explain it.
Epic Destiny: Way later on in the game. Again, leaving that one to Ji once we're there.
Total Xp: Might as well leave that field blank for now.

More simple stuff following.

Race: Whatever race you have chosen.
Size: It should say in the race's stats what size they are. Most characters will be M (Medium).
Height: I know I saw a range of heights for the races. Somewhere in between those is the safe bet.
Weight: Same deal as height, but with weight now.
Alignment: Might want to skim through PHB1 for the alignment descriptions. Type in whichever you picked.
Deity: Might want to look for these, too. Type in whichever you choose. I left mine blank as I didn't pick a deity.
Adventuring Company: Bumbling Fools. Type that in, I dare ya.

Good so far?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:58 pm

Yep. I put down "Raging idiots" as the group name, just because.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

Hmm.

So. What should I do?
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

That fits, too. Also, if you're using the spreadsheet I am you shouldn't have to worry about manually putting in too many numbers. This one's nice and fills those in for you. Yay!

Let's skip Initiative, Defenses, and Movement for now.

See your ability scores? Fill 'em in where they belong. Replace those 10s with whatever the actual scores are. This should cause all sorts of stuff to change as well. If you've got a DEX of 12 you'll see 1 on the Initiative bar where it says DEX. Your scores will reflect the changes under where it says ABILITY. And so on.

Going by the steps on page 14 on PHB1, ya wanna look at skills now. For the skills you are trained on, just type in 5 on the skill where it says TRND. Don't worry about that first box, where it says BONUS. That's the final number and the spreadsheet will add it all up for ya.

Your feats should be easy to find. They're on the bottom right by the way. I recommend typing in the feat's name, an abbreviation of the book, and the page number. For example: "Agile Hunter PHB1 Pg. 193". I personally just wrote a very brief description. I wrote this down for my one feat: Dragonborn Senses (Darkvision, +1 Perception)

Your powers are on page 2. Once again, I recommend doing the same here as you did with feats. I got a bit more wordy on my powers. I wrote this for Acid Orb, "Acid Orb (20 Sqrs, CHAvsREF,1d10+5acid)". Make sure ya know what you're trying to say.

Equipment should be easy enough. Type in one piece of equipment per line, or cram it all in if you really want to. Could add the book and page number but I didn't. You'll want to keep track of how many of each you have, just in case resources are crucial in Ji's game.

Follow so far?

EDIT: Bug Ji. That's all I can recommend for ya, Arch. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 6:33 pm

Got it. Not sure how to fill in the attack portions, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next