WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC

Go down 
+3
Hollen123
some dumb bird
Dragockon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

Kymer glanced around a bit. Seeing a bit of flatland nearby, he turned and glided toward it. He came into a slightly-less-than graceful landing as it was dark. He sat down like a cat, placing the bag where he could reach it in case Rook proved to be dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:19 pm

Rook was satisfied, she was still careful and hovered for a moment a thing that was not easy for a dragon to do. And only good fliers could hover, she landed graceful and looked at Kymer she sits down tilting her head at him. "So, why are you? I'm Rook." She started and waited for his response.
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

Kymer blinked. "I told you. My name is Kymer Firebolt." The wind wasn't that loud, was it? "So, what is a RaptorWing? I've never heard of them. Nor have I heard of the Chronicler..." The fiery glow radiating from his magma patterns was impossible to miss. It didn't flicker, but it pulsated irregularly.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Rook shrugs " I AM a raptorWing, we're...Rare... And if you look at me feet you'll see. But there are other differences too. The chronicler is the leader of the Dragons." Rook Explained, she was quiet relaxed, but kept her eye on Kymer.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

"I did notice that your feet were, ah, different. I've never heard of a RaptorWing before today." Kymer said, glancing at Rook's feet again. "But the dragons don't have a leader, as far as I know. I've never heard of the Chronicler. I..am from far away." Inside Kymer was beginning to panic. How long was I asleep in that cave? "Um, can I ask you a question? What year is it?"
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 7:49 am

"The year is....Um..2053 I believe why? And that makes sense, if you from far away." Rook said she stopped and stretched unfolding her cyan wings and stretching her claws. "Its wet out here, mind if we sit under the shad before my wings stiffen up to much?" She asked gently.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Kymer's eyes widened. "That...that's not possible. I...don't understand. No. You have to be wrong..." It was 1947 last time I checked...how could this happen?! He was starting to panic now. The heat radiating off of him increased by a couple of degrees.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 6:12 pm

"Hey hey calm down now!" Rook says taking a step back "What ever's wrong, stay calm your..Um...Getting pretty hot in here." Rook stops and takes a deep breath "Whats wrong?" she ask int he gentlest voice she can muster.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

Kymer closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Are..are you sure that it's not, say, 1953? Because if you're right about the year..." He trailed off and opened his eyes. He reached down and easily opened the chain link bag. Kymer looked inside, then closed it again, pulled the leather strap that kept it closed tighter.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

Rook nodded "Its 2053 fur sure. Why? Whats wrong?" She asked confused and takes a step toward Kymer.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Kymer took another deep breath. "I woke up a few days ago in a cave. One of those metal things had disturbed me. I...I went to sleep in the winter of 1947. I've been out for more than a century...I haven't grown at all in that time, not that I was expecting to get much bigger, I am about 97 or so not counting that one century." Kymer was talking quickly because he was freaking out. His tail was twitching much like an annoyed cat's does.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:36 pm

Rook came closer "Calm down, and talk slower, no ones going to hurt you no reason to be frighten." She says calmly even though inside she was worried herself.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:41 pm

"Calm down? Calm down?! How am I supposed to calm down when I just learned that I've been asleep in some stupid old cave for more than a hundred years?! I don't know where my family or friends are! I don't even know if they're alive! And you want me to CALM DOWN?!" Kymer was understandable distressed. Fire was starting to blast out of his mouth and he was radiating a massive amount of heat. Any moisture in the area was quickly evaporated. He reared onto his back legs and flared his wings, roaring at the sky. Sparks began to sky off of the magma patterns.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:43 pm

"Whoa whoa WHOA!" Rook stepped back "If you DON"T calm down your alert every Remnant from here to space and back! And it won't matter cause we're be dead! Its okay...Just relax." Rook says unfolding her wings to shield herself.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 9:45 pm

Kymer went back to all fours, crashing his front feet into the ground. "Remnants? Is that was those things are?" He folded his wings again, but didn't sit down. The sparks reduced in number and it cooled down by about three degrees.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 7:08 am

Rook nodded coming closer to him carefully, "Remnants, Robots, machines, mindless things sent to kill us all? Yep that them alright." She said jokingly but was also serious at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

"Sent to kill us? Who sent them? Who would want to wipe out the dragons and the..uh, RaptorWings?" Kymer asked, flicking his tail more.

((Very short post, but hey, it's hard to post long posts when it's just dialogue))
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 8:04 pm

((Yeah same here, don't worry if its short, as long as its just conversation I don't really mind much at all.))

"Well not just us I guess, the humans too, cow, sheep, animals, everything just about adds up I think. Replace it with their own animal life, plants and such. On and on, The Remnant War's been going on since the day I hatched." Rook says flicking an annoying fly away with a claw.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

Kymer hissed through his teeth. "No war should last long. I know that war must happen, to resolve conflicts somehow, it pains me to learn that one has lasted a long time. You look to be about...four? Five? I can't judge with RaptorWings. And another thing, Rook: Don't trust humans. They are all evil on the inside. They might appear nice and seem like they have good hearts, but they're practically walking corruption." Kymer sat and looked even more saddened. All of the rage that he has exhibited moments before seemed like a distant memory. "I would know...I've been betrayed before."
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 8:35 pm

Rook stepped back thinking of Maria and Ewan. "No their not! Some are very nice! And I'm six." she said her ears flattened and her spines (The cyan spikes whatever thingys on her back) raised creating a rattling sound. "I'm sorry you were betrayed before, but don't judge the whole race off of one person or a group of them." She said her voice loss all of its gentleness and turning into hard stone edged and firm.
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

Saunders and Kirby worked quickly, removing their packs, pulling out the cutting gear and going straight to the task of cutting free the large aqueduct drainage grate that blocked their way under the wall. Sweat poured from each man as they worked independent of each other to make the hydraulic pincers cut through the rusted metal.

One by the one the rebar gave way to the determined men until the grate was completely free. Saunders moved the grate to one side of the ditch while Kirby pressed the send button on his DMT (Digital Message Transmitter). In a fraction of a second the prewritten message went out to all the Team Members "Grate Free - Move Up to Our Position".

The remainder of the team began to move swiftly along the drainage ditch as Saunders and Kirby provided over watch from their position. The only thing that could go wrong now would be that the Remnant would return but Yuri had devised such a great distraction that the focus of the Remnant guards was still turned elsewhere.

One by one the Team Members filed passed Kirby and Saunders into the base until finally Kirby and Saunders themselves entered the base. This left only Yuri outside the base where he would continue to watch the Remnant for any sign of alarm, and if need be, create another distraction by sniping the guards one by one.

Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

"Dragon hunters, Rook. Dragon hunters. I know that I shouldn't judge all humans, but it's hard to get over them killing three of my sisters and my mother." Kymer said, ears drooping sadly. "And then other humans, when they see me, go 'Ah, a monster! Kill it!'. What should I expect from them?"
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 8:51 pm

Sara took the lead as they snuck into the Remnant’s temporary compound, she was very glad with Saunders work they might actually do this right she thought to herself. Of course she didn’t dare admit her doubts on the mission to anyone, not even Kemp. She took the lead raising her rifle in the CQB ready position, they passed down the hall ways slowly the walls covered in rust and dirt; but they still stood and the Remnant’s made use of that. Sara walked slowly, placing each boot carefully in front of the other heel to toe. She stopped raising her hand and forming a fist the single to stop everyone froze, Sara stopped and listened carefully. Nothing…It SEEMED okay to her so she kept moving.
The old and rust warehouse seemed a strange place for Remnants to hide, and Sara wondered what the Remnants were doing here, and what they wanted. She cleared her thoughts and tried to stay focused on the task at hand, there was a room ahead she motioned to Jackson and Kirby to move up with her. They’d do it the old fashion way Sara decided not give the Remnants any time to think. Sara stood in front of the door Rifle still up, Kirby got on one side and Jackson the other. Sara nodded to Kirby and Jackson they both nodded back, she turned the handle carefully and then kick the door open rushing in rifle up. She cleared the corner to her right first before moving over to the right corner of the room. By the time she focused back on the center Jackson was covering middle, Kirby left they had cleared the room within seconds. It seemed so much slower to Sara though, she shook the thought off and called quietly “Right clear” As Kirby said “Left clear.” Jackson followed up with “Center clear.” Sara focused on what the room was.

It had desk lined after desk up every were wires spread out in random chaos order and computers, the room was almost complexly dark; and Sara had to turn on her helmet light which was strapped to her five pound heavy helmet. She shined it around the room and what she saw made her stop in her track, she held her breath and whispered quietly “Oh….Sh**” It was meant not to be heard but the room was deathly silent, and even a whisper was very loud. As she shined her light over something green ish glowing, it was a small container there was at least a dozen or more of them stacked on top and next to each other. Wires spread through them connecting into each container, Jackson paused a second and approached out reach his hand out to touch it. Sara barrel into him slamming him into the wall “Jackson!” She hissed loudly through clenched teeth. “Don’t touch that you idiot!” Jackson starred at her his face of fear and shock “S-sorry S-Sara…” Sara pressed him against the wall “Kirby Cover us!” She whispered to Kirby. Turning back to Jackson she explained anger seeping in her voice, more because she was worried for Jackson then because she was really angry.
“Do you know what that is?!” Jack shook his head “N-No S-Sara…” Sara went on “Their called Nanites, They enter your mind make you see things that aren’t there. Like dreaming in real life, your worst fears come true, your dead loves one coming back and hatting you. Slowly they kill you, you get weaker and weaker…And These ‘dreams’ these ‘nightmares’ CAN hurt you. If they touch you, attack you, even spit at you, you WILL feel it and you CAN and probably Will die. So Listen to me and take these charges, place them on thoses tubes WITHOUT touching them.” Sara said Jackson nodded too afraid to speak his hands shook. Sara felt bad for him, but she had to make sure he understood he looked young…Too young she decided to ask him how old he was later. Sara let Jackson go Looking over at Kirby and the door way.
“Saunders, can you go down the hall and get Sargent Jake out of here? We’re placing the charges now. Based on the map the prisoners are nearby here trust me…It won’t be hard to find.” She said to Saunders in the hall way.
--
Rook voice dropped a bit and she felt bad for Kymer “I’m sorry…But The dragons haven’t returned until only seven years ago. The humans think we’ve all died off by now.” She said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

"Good. It's better that way, for both of us. A repeat of the Kajl War wouldn't be good." Kymer sat like that for a moment before standing again. "We can't just sit around here, can we? I've already wasted enough of your time. What do you suggest I do? I would rather not get killed, and maybe get some new friends. It would be nice if I could find out what happened to the rest of the Firebolts, but sadly I believe they were all killed...Raklj! No time for dwelling on the past. I can mope later." Great Dramon, Rook must think that I've lost my mind.
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

Saunders and the Squad move quickly to the locked room where Sargent Jake was located. The four man team lined up by the door, each man poised like a tiger ready to strike as soon as Saunders gave the signal. Saunders placed the electronic explosive packages where the cell door's large metal lock met the steel doorframe. Stepping back he waited for the timed shape charge to go off which it did almost immediately and with tremendous force. Saunders said in a clear and commanding voice "Go!".

The four man team entered the room as if one man. The lead man scanned center and right as he moved rapidly right. The second man scanned center and left as he moved rapidly left. The third man backed the first man's movement, and the fourth man backed the second man's movement. Each man carried his sub-machine gun in the CQB ready position, ready to double-tap any Remnant in the room. But there were no Remnant's in the room, none that is unless you counted Sargent Jake.

"Clear 1! Clear 2! Clear 3! Clear 4!" each man said in turn. "Room Clear!" Saunders said.

Normally each team member moved rapidly and instinctively but instead each now sat frozen starring at the man they saw hanging in front of them, Sargent Jake, half man, half Remnant.

"Kirby, Cut him down!" Saunders growled, bringing the team back to focus on the mission.

"What do we do with him?" Kirby asked, bewildered.

"We take him to the LT, what else?"

Kirby cut Jake down from his bindings while the other two men held on to him and Saunders guarded the door. Then two of the men dragged Jake's limp body while Kirby and Saunders provided security for the team.

"Here he is LT," Saunders said to Sara. "Here is Sargent Jake."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next